83 Z28 new project
    98 Formula WS7-sold:(

5th gen brakes????

I had to go to O'Reilly the other day for brakes on a friends car. One of the employees there had a LT1 T/A. Kind of beat up from the outside, but nice rims. He was probably like 18 or so. Anyways, I pull up in my Z28, he sees it and helps us out when we got inside. We get to talking about whats he has upgraded to and what he plans for the future. First, he was going to put a 327 carbed motor in it because it was far superior to his LT1 and would make like 550 horse mostly stock. I told he was smoking crack on the power and questioned him why he would go backwards like that and how much of a hassle it is to put a carbed motor in. I did one late last year and will never do one again. I won't even work on it. Then he said he put in 5th gen brakes. Now, maybe I am ignorant that I did not they are on the market, I would not think so, but I have been wrong before. I was like, you mean C5 brakes, but he was adiment about 5th gen. Are they out there yet? Just curious.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

proabbly meant C5 brakes-there is a conversion kit available to do that.

83 Z28 new project

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    proabbly meant C5 brakes-there is a conversion kit available to do that.
    Exactly, even brought it up, he even said, no not those junk brakes, the big brakes the new camaros have.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

so brembo's? I have a hard time believing that 5th gens would come near fitting on our cars w/out major rear end modding.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Those things are massive, he was probably talking about a 5th gen corvette. Someone probably sold them to him and lied...

83 Z28 new project

Even so, how could there be a kit yet to fit. There would have to be some engineering involved, and parts would be tough to get even still.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Not to be demeaning to those youngsters that are in the know but here is your answer: Consider the fact that the kid is 18....

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Sounds like a fucking moron..

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Not to be demeaning to those youngsters that are in the know but here is your answer: Consider the fact that the kid is 18....
    18 years of age has nothing to do with it. You can be 30 something and still be an ignorant dumb shit like that kid.

He probably saw that dumb ass video from streetfire talking about the 550 horse stock 327, which is not true...it was probably one of the trans-am engines(not a trans-am but the race series). Buddy had one built damn near to spec on one of those and had it in his late 60's truck, that thing was alot of fun, a high revving engine like that is amazing.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    18 years of age has nothing to do with it. You can be 30 something and still be an ignorant dumb shit like that kid.

He probably saw that dumb ass video from streetfire talking about the 550 horse stock 327, which is not true...it was probably one of the trans-am engines(not a trans-am but the race series). Buddy had one built damn near to spec on one of those and had it in his late 60's truck, that thing was alot of fun, a high revving engine like that is amazing.
    Which is why I prefaced it with, "Not to be demeaning....."

Hell, I know guys my age that have no clue as to how a car works except where you put the gas in and how to turn the key to start it....

My first "built" Chevy engine was a 010 block (4 bolt main .030" over) with a 69 327 forged large journal crank (bigger journals and larger rod bolts - all this = 331 cid) and a roller cam. Made max HP at 7800rpm. It sang a different tune when it went past 7k rpm. This went into my 1st 67 Camaro back in 1978. Ahhh, the good old days....

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Which is why I prefaced it with, "Not to be demeaning....."

Hell, I know guys my age that have no clue as to how a car works except where you put the gas in and how to turn the key to start it....

My first "built" Chevy engine was a 010 block (4 bolt main .030" over) with a 69 327 forged large journal crank (bigger journals and larger rod bolts - all this = 331 cid) and a roller cam. Made max HP at 7800rpm. It sang a different tune when it went past 7k rpm. This went into my 1st 67 Camaro back in 1978. Ahhh, the good old days....
    i bet that was a bad ass car, i rode in a car with a 335ci motor, it was made from a 305, it sounded mean, but was lacking.

I would love to have a bad ass trans-am built first gen, like the penske one. Those cars had soo many trick modifications done to them.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Get pics of brakes.......

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

whats so special about 5th gen camaro brakes? the pictures i saw they look like typical PBR calipers? what diameter are the rotors?

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

haha reminds me of the kid that told me i should pull out my motor and put a 327 in my car.
    said his grandpa had some older muscle car with a stock 327 and it did wheelies.

Thread Information