Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2015 Viper TA 2.0 vs 2015 Corvette Z06

Showdown at Laguna Seca

I dunno...that Viper may fend off the Z06 to retain its title...

Last edited by cam02ss; 09-16-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Meh

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

double meh

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

SRT suspension has come a LONG way...a really long way, but the ZO6 is pretty freaking legit...

Vette is a couple hundred lbs heavier with the same power output

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    Vette is a couple hundred lbs heavier with the same power output
    I know the specs, but I still think the Z06 will beat it around the track.

Just wait a couple of years until Dodge releases a 750-800hp version.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

My what big plastic spats you have

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

weren't you looking into a Viper, Will?
    I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

My Cardomain Site My Fquick site Custom Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    weren't you looking into a Viper, Will?
    Still am

Black / White

Still am

Click for full size
    they look sick...very mean looking car. Still think they are a year or two away from cranking it up another 100-150hp tho.

Blower or turbo would bridge that gap tho

That's the exact reason why I'm waiting

red
    95 Z28

The Viper couldn't even beat the outgoing ZR1 when it first came out. They had to release the "TA" just to barely edge out the ZR1. GM has already said the new ZO6 is faster than the ZR1. ZO6 is ten times the car that the current Viper is, in just about every possible way. I like the viper, but the latest release was a huge disappointment. I found it amusing that they had to lower the price a HUGE amount just to move them (and they still aren't selling for shit, even at 85k).

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    The Viper couldn't even beat the outgoing ZR1 when it first came out. They had to release the "TA" just to barely edge out the ZR1. GM has already said the new ZO6 is faster than the ZR1. ZO6 is ten times the car that the current Viper is, in just about every possible way. I like the viper, but the latest release was a huge disappointment. I found it amusing that they had to lower the price a HUGE amount just to move them (and they still aren't selling for shit, even at 85k).
    They were smoking crack on the prices...I laughed when I saw how high they were compared to the competition and said multiple times they priced themselves out of the market. They need to do the same thing they did with the hellcat...revamp the motor and drop a bombshell on the market with a price that raises eyebrows. They can easily do it...

The GTS tested against the ZR1 was a pre production model. The roll out of the car was a cluster fuck, and it was way over priced to begin with. Yes, the Z06 by all claims is faster than the ZR1, and will be faster than the GT and GTS Vipers. Both cars make the same power, 645 to 650 is negligible- so we'll see if the added aerodynamics on the 2.0 help any. 1) Neither one of these cars are going to walk away from the others, so your statement that "the Z06 is ten times the car that the current viper is", is moot. 2) The majority of the people on this board and in general do not and will not drive either of those cars anywhere near their performance potential.

Take a look at the top 5 times for Laguna Seca: Viper, Corvette, Viper, Viper, Corvette. You're not going wrong with either of these cars.

Laguna Seca lap records - FastestLaps.com
    Last edited by cam02ss; 09-16-2014 at 03:54 PM.

red
    95 Z28

1) Neither one of these cars are going to walk away from the others, so your statement that "the Z06 is ten times the car that the current viper is", is moot.

Not really. The ZO6 offers all the performance (and possibly more) of the Viper, while being a much more livable car on a daily basis. And that's not some of-the-wall opinion that only I have. Most people acknowledge that the Viper isn't a car that can be lived with every day, whereas the vette will offer ridiculous performance and some practicality. The suspension on the corvette is such a better design. The viper is a one trick pony in that respect. Dodge also needs to get over that V10 and just put the blown Hemi in it. I don't give a single fuck what the viper faithful would have to say about it either. The only ones complaining would be the ones that never drive the cars hard anyway. Or the masochists that love that UPS truck soundtrack.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Not really. The ZO6 offers all the performance (and possibly more) of the Viper, while being a much more livable car on a daily basis. And that's not some of-the-wall opinion that only I have. Most people acknowledge that the Viper isn't a car that can be lived with every day, whereas the vette will offer ridiculous performance and some practicality. The suspension on the corvette is such a better design. The viper is a one trick pony in that respect. Dodge also needs to get over that V10 and just put the blown Hemi in it. I don't give a single fuck what the viper faithful would have to say about it either. The only ones complaining would be the ones that never drive the cars hard anyway. Or the masochists that love that UPS truck soundtrack.
    That is exactly why the Corvette has been turned into a "me too" car. Your neighbor has one, and your boss drives one. Practicality? You're talking about Corvettes and Vipers. Congrats on being able to fit an extra piece of luggage or a couple more bags of groceries into the trunk. If someone wanted to talk with me about a practical car, I'd talk with them about a sedan.

There's nothing I'd like more than a blown Viper engine. It's great that they've held in there thus far with that big NA motor, but time to switch things up. The fit and finish of the Viper is superior to the Corvette. I'll see what the new Z06 is like, but the C7s I have sat in are a joke. Cheap plastic feel and orange peel all over the place. You're telling me that the BEST Chevrolet could come up with were those cheap fuckin plastic spats that extend from the front fenders? That's what I get for the 3 LT Z07 package $110,000+ Z06 I optioned out? I even think that the ZR1 is half a POS at times. Dash rattles every so often and other quarks pop up here and there.

At lease Dodge had to halt production for price alignment and not build quality. Can't say the same thing for Corvette. I dunno if it was Gilles or some other idiot who thought they could get away with those prices, but the Viper isn't worth that much. End of story. No one is going to argue that the Viper wasn't over priced out of its league.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

ERMAHGERD!!! That new viper is tits!!!

Black / White

Still am

Click for full size
    I dont know why, but I hate this color...give me silver, black, red, white...anything but this lol

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Aww. cam02ss and Spaz like each other.

red
    95 Z28

That is exactly why the Corvette has been turned into a "me too" car. Your neighbor has one, and your boss drives one. Practicality? You're talking about Corvettes and Vipers. Congrats on being able to fit an extra piece of luggage or a couple more bags of groceries into the trunk. If someone wanted to talk with me about a practical car, I'd talk with them about a sedan.

There's nothing I'd like more than a blown Viper engine. It's great that they've held in there thus far with that big NA motor, but time to switch things up. The fit and finish of the Viper is superior to the Corvette. I'll see what the new Z06 is like, but the C7s I have sat in are a joke. Cheap plastic feel and orange peel all over the place. You're telling me that the BEST Chevrolet could come up with were those cheap fuckin plastic spats that extend from the front fenders? That's what I get for the 3 LT Z07 package $110,000+ Z06 I optioned out? I even think that the ZR1 is half a POS at times. Dash rattles every so often and other quarks pop up here and there.

At lease Dodge had to halt production for price alignment and not build quality. Can't say the same thing for Corvette. I dunno if it was Gilles or some other idiot who thought they could get away with those prices, but the Viper isn't worth that much. End of story. No one is going to argue that the Viper wasn't over priced out of its league.
    Sounds like you should get the viper, even though it's likely going to get beat by the new ZO6. You can sit there and argue all you want about semantics that I never brought up. Fact of the matter remains that most vipers and ZO6s wont be going to the track, so they need to be livable cars for those people, otherwise they aren't going to sell. And if a car like the ZO6 or Viper doesn't sell, it's going to go away fast. Better get a viper while you can if that's what you want, because it isn't looking good.

I don't care about what my neighbors and boss drive. I'm going to buy the better car. I've sat in both cars and I don't notice a dramatic difference in build quality between the two. I'm more concerned with performance, and I'm not sure what Viper is going to compete with a 78,900$ ZO6. Judging by the sales numbers, people don't think too much of the Viper's apparently nicer paint.

[

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information