Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

2 years ago today...

i was t-boned by a hydroplaning 18 wheeler...
    44 days in trauma ICU/ over half of which in a coma..
    my 1st period teacher passed away in the same wreck..

needless to say, i cant sleep, an tomorrow cant come fast enough...

not looking for pity. just feel like sharin my story..

before & after.... its obvious.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Holy fucking shit man.

My condolenses

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Holy fucking shit man.

My condolenses
    thanks man, like i said tho its not to feel bad for me. i know lots of people are interested in the medical side of it all. so if anyone has questions feel free to ask..

injuries (that i recall)
    -entire left pelvic bone completley shattered.. right side severely cracked..
    -neumothorax?? (correct me someone) other words, both lungs collapsed upon impact of the steerring wheel.
    -memory damage from persistant low oxygenation levels.. dipped as low as 65%?? dont quit remember. maybe not so low. within 2% of causing permanant brain damage tho..
    some spinal injuries, but thank the lord no major head trauma. i weighed 107 at the time i was discharged, down from my normal 155lb self. an now i cant get over 135..

Black
    2000 Z/28 a4 t-tops

Holy Shit!!! Glad your ok.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Fuck. It's surprising that you were able to live through that.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

My sympathy in your loss

Glad you made it.....I can see reason for your anxiety

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Condolences. My stomach doesn't feel so good after seeing the pics. Damn!!

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Purple
    1998 Trans Am

That sucks. I wouldn't be able to sleep either. Not just on this night, but any other after those memories! Did you make a complete recovery?

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Wow, gm built those trucks like tanks. You must have recieved one hell of an insurance pay out. My friend lost his ear in a car crash and he got nearly 15 grand.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

That was a nice looking truck, what happened to the trucker?

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksstamp09 View Post
    thanks man, like i said tho its not to feel bad for me. i know lots of people are interested in the medical side of it all. so if anyone has questions feel free to ask..

injuries (that i recall)
    -entire left pelvic bone completley shattered.. right side severely cracked..
    -neumothorax?? (correct me someone) other words, both lungs collapsed upon impact of the steerring wheel.
    -memory damage from persistant low oxygenation levels.. dipped as low as 65%?? dont quit remember. maybe not so low. within 2% of causing permanant brain damage tho..
    some spinal injuries, but thank the lord no major head trauma. i weighed 107 at the time i was discharged, down from my normal 155lb self. an now i cant get over 135..
    Yeah, thats right. Same thing happened to me, except mine was out of nowhere. Something they call Spontaneous Neumothorax.

Glad to see you lived through that, and surprised you did at the same time. Sorry to hear about your teacher, and definitely understand why you wouldn't be able to get any sleep.

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

Quote Originally Posted by mrwdjv View Post
    That sucks. I wouldn't be able to sleep either. Not just on this night, but any other after those memories! Did you make a complete recovery?
    yeah im completely fine besides the occasional aches an shortness of breath. but not bitchin. at all. ill take that anyday over what coulda been.

its for sure Gods grace that i am alive. i think they gave me a 3% chance of living when i came in but said id never walk again for sure.

proved em wrong tho especially when im bangin gears on the 6 speed.

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

Quote Originally Posted by kickflippin1 View Post
    Yeah, thats right. Same thing happened to me, except mine was out of nowhere. Something they call Spontaneous Neumothorax.

Glad to see you lived through that, and surprised you did at the same time. Sorry to hear about your teacher, and definitely understand why you wouldn't be able to get any sleep.
    wow.. how did it happen spontanious? an what are the details and all of it? what happens when it happens? all i know is collapsed llungs, an mine filled up with fluid which was hell but i dont remember at all. so an info would be great.

glad your still here to post.... I'm sure your lucky to have been in that truck rather than your SS.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Was your teacher in the truck with you or was this a multi-car pile up?

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksstamp09 View Post
    wow.. how did it happen spontanious? an what are the details and all of it? what happens when it happens? all i know is collapsed llungs, an mine filled up with fluid which was hell but i dont remember at all. so an info would be great.
    I had these little thin spots on my lung they called "blibs" or something. It just happened one day when i was sitting in the car waiting for my dad. I was 17 at the time. Missed 2 weeks of school and was in the hospital for 14 days. Had a chest tube for 11 of those days. Also happened more than once and to my other lung, too.

Here is a little more info:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000100.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumothorax

Hopefully that is a little more useful to you.

S.O.M.
    2002 camaro

im sorry man. its a hard thing to go through. right now im at home with a broken sternum, ribs, and shoulder. 3 weeks ago i was riding with 5 friends in a crew cab 2002 dodge 1500 during a bad rainstorm. the girl that was driving was mad about something so she was driving way too fast. we were all yelling at her to slow down, but she didnt listen. we were going down the highway doing over 90mph when we hydroplaned, spun, hit an inbankment, and flipped 4 times until we landed upside down.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by sixpack_2_go View Post
    im sorry man. its a hard thing to go through. right now im at home with a broken sternum, ribs, and shoulder. 3 weeks ago i was riding with 5 friends in a crew cab 2002 dodge 1500 during a bad rainstorm. the girl that was driving was mad about something so she was driving way too fast. we were all yelling at her to slow down, but she didnt listen. we were going down the highway doing over 90mph when we hydroplaned, spun, hit an inbankment, and flipped 4 times until we landed upside down.
    did everyone live?

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Was your teacher in the truck with you or was this a multi-car pile up?
    multi car, like the semi lost control an i seen him an tried to swerve but just slid sideways (was raining) an nailed me. my best friend was in the truck an all he suffered was a broken nose and of course the emotional trauma. it made the trailer swing accross the entire highway, an she and another vechicle went under it. he survived tho an is doin fine. jus had a broken femer i believe.

but oh hell im so glad i was in that truck. it saved my life. NO way the SS or pretty much any newer model vehicle offers the protection of them trucks. just wish i woulda had airbags lol.

388 rwhp & 370 rwtq
    2001 Camaro SS #847

Quote Originally Posted by sixpack_2_go View Post
    holy shit man... i hope everyone is ok with them all. nothing is worst than loosing friends..

i ALWAYS ALWAYS wear my seatbelt now. i had it on at the time. but now i dont start the car till its on. and my friends will walk if they dont wanna put it on. i dont play with that shit, its stupid to bitch about wearing it when they save so many lives.

im here man if you need anything. i know how it is to not be able to do shit for yourself an thats the worlds SHITTIEST feeling. plus how fuckin boring it is lazing around all day. it takes a heavy toll emotionally. keep your mind busy tho. best thing to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information