Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

2 A-holes = negative results

Camaro driver Major A-hole, Truck = Another a-hole because he was totally trolling the Camaro, only guy I feel sorry for is the Semi-truck driver...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Agree, that camaro driver is a POS. The truck driver was messing with him and being and a-hole but the first and last asshole moves were the camaro.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Yes the Camaro driver was an impatient asshole but so was the utility truck driver that was trolling him.

This just belabors the point: If you're not passing traffic then GTFO of the left lane...

Arctic White, red/gray

He was passing traffic... until he Camaro tried to cut him off. Then he boxed the camaro in. So the truck driver was actually a very patient asshole.

I would like to see the video of what happened when they got out of their vehicles on the side of the road.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-28-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Camaro driver was fully at fault for the accident.

I'm sure his insurance carrier is gonna love him.

Minimum Reckless Driving charge on top of everything else coming their way.

At least no one appears to have been injured by their stupidity.

Edit: Just read comments on youtube.

Camaro driver tried to run. Video turned over to State Police. He's toast.
    Last edited by CJREX; 04-28-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Just stay out of the left lane, unless your passing. Problem solved.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    Just stay out of the left lane, unless your passing. Problem solved.
    That wouldn't solve the problem with this case here. The truck was passing people... that's why he was in the left lane. The camaro was just passing people even faster.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

while I do think the truck was in the left lane too long (there was a break there where he could've gotten to the right behind the semi) that camaro driver got exactly what he deserves and people like him need to lose their license for life. If you're on video pulling this kinda shit you should never be able to drive again. Just because someone is in the left lane too long and it's debatable that this guy was moving faster than the right lane so had a right to be left that doesn't give someone the right to pass on the right then come into their lane to move them out of the way. If I was in the truck I would've done the same thing. I'd pin his ass by that semi the rest of the trip....or until he spins out in front of me.

Arctic White, red/gray

I wouldn't have gotten behind the semi. If I am clearly moving faster than the semi in the right lane I am going to stay in the left lane until I pass him. I'm not going to slow down and get behind the semi so a guy who wants to go 100mph behind me can pass me. I would pass the semi then move into the right lane and the guy can wait his ass in line for me to move out of the way into the right lane.

Black

I just cant understand why drivers want to stay in the left lane. It causes road rage, traffic jams. Just move over.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    That wouldn't solve the problem with this case here. The truck was passing people... that's why he was in the left lane. The camaro was just passing people even faster.
    It would have if the truck driver would have continued to pass the semi and moved over. He decided to block every driver in the left lane.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    It would have if the truck driver would have continued to pass the semi and moved over. He decided to block every driver in the left lane.
    Yes, because the Camaro tried to cut him off and then rode his ass. You want to play the what if game. If the camaro hadn't tried to cut him off and hten ride his ass the truck would have passed the semi with ease and opened up passing room. Instead he decided to box him in for driving like a dick. Which I think was his intent.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Once an LEO reviews the video most likely result would be reckless driving for both and the Semi drivers insurance will sue both of them.

Another example of road rage = failure

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes, because the Camaro tried to cut him off and then rode his ass. You want to play the what if game. If the camaro hadn't tried to cut him off and hten ride his ass the truck would have passed the semi with ease and opened up passing room. Instead he decided to box him in for driving like a dick. Which I think was his intent.

I looked at the video again. I don't think he was trying to cut him off. He signal before moving over. Trouble is the truck driver sped up.

Both messed up. But if the truck driver would have moved over, after passing the semi. Nothing else would have happened. He slowed down traffic for everyone in that lane.

Arctic White, red/gray

You can signal and still cut people off. A blinker is not an "I'm coming over so everyone better get out of my way".. signal. There was a car in front of the truck. From what I could see I wouldn't have let him over either. The truck did speed up but not until the camaro was already trying to fit into an unsafe space.

If the camaro hadn't driven like a dick and tried to cut the truck off and then drive on the dirt SHOULDER the crash wouldn't have happened. At least not as it did. I'm not saying the truck driver didn't play his part. But there was def more wrong doing on the part of the camaro IMO.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-28-2015 at 11:45 AM.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

The p/u driver was behind another car waiting his turn to pass the semi (you can see the shadow). The Camaro driver was passing everyone on the right and trying to cut in. Happens all the time on the small 2 lane interstates around here. You'll get a line of cars a 1/2 mile long passing one or two semis. Every time, some one will come flying by on the right hand side and try to cut in. It has gotten were you can have a safe distance between you and the car in front or people will keep cutting in. I40 between Little Rock and Memphis is the worst.

To me it looks like the truck didn't speed up until the Camaro started coming over. Even before the truck sped up it doesn't look like he had him cleared.

Black

My point exactly. The car in front of the truck driver was taking his sweet time passing the semi. You can tell they all were doing about the same speed.
    If everyone would just pass and move over, a lot of this road rage would not happen.
    There is always going to be people wanted to go faster and ones wanting to go slower. I just don't understand why the slower drivers think it's their job to slow everyone else down.

What happens with traffic when a cop on the freeway is going the speed limit. Messes up traffic for miles.

But back to the video, both are at fault.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think everyone pretty much agrees...for the most part. Both were in the wrong but the camaro driver carries all of the blame for that. I want to go faster than people every once in a while....the difference is I don't try to run people off the road to do it.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    The p/u driver was behind another car waiting his turn to pass the semi (you can see the shadow). The Camaro driver was passing everyone on the right and trying to cut in. Happens all the time on the small 2 lane interstates around here. You'll get a line of cars a 1/2 mile long passing one or two semis. Every time, some one will come flying by on the right hand side and try to cut in. It has gotten were you can have a safe distance between you and the car in front or people will keep cutting in. I40 between Little Rock and Memphis is the worst.

To me it looks like the truck didn't speed up until the Camaro started coming over. Even before the truck sped up it doesn't look like he had him cleared.
    if you look at the video that car is long gone when the wreck happens so that p/u was holding him there on purpose. Like I say.....I would've done the exact same thing. You try to cut me off you better succeed or you get a nice cruise the rest of the way. The other thing I'd like to point out that no matter how wrong the p/u driver was........riding the left lane doesn't cause road rage. Assholes who can't control their temper and actions cause road rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Black

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    if you look at the video that car is long gone when the wreck happens so that p/u was holding him there on purpose. Like I say.....I would've done the exact same thing. You try to cut me off you better succeed or you get a nice cruise the rest of the way. The other thing I'd like to point out that no matter how wrong the p/u driver was........riding the left lane doesn't cause road rage. Assholes who can't control their temper and actions cause road rage.
    I agree, it doesn't cause road rage. It IS road rage.

I am pretty sure impeding the flow of traffic is against the law.

So answer me this. Why is it so hard to move over and let other drivers pass? Does it really make sense to drive next to a semi doing 55 with 10-15 cars behind you?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to move over? I just don't understand that thinking, if you want to drive slower, choose the right lanes. I prefer to drive faster and I will stay on the left. There are times I want to drive slower. You know what lane I'm not in? The left lane.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information