Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10lbs lighter

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

10lbs lighter

Went to have dinner tonight ordered my food etc. Went to pay with my debit card and the lady said the card wasn't valid, she even showed me the 4 bounced receipts. Well that was probably the most embarrassing moment of my evening. I decided to go to the bank (after hours) and got the same thing, to top it off the low gas light came on. So I called the bank and talked to the clerk about my predicament-turns out my card number was involved in a group of others where the "security" was compromised. So after I shit myself they said no "suspicious withdrawls" were monitored (I'll be the judge of that thanks buddy for the immediate heads up of my money). So upside is I still have my money but I have to wait for a new card. I can't handle this shit I'm going to get a drink-oh wait I can't.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Went to have dinner tonight ordered my food etc. Went to pay with my debit card and the lady said the card wasn't valid, she even showed me the 4 bounced receipts. Well that was probably the most embarrassing moment of my evening. I decided to go to the bank (after hours) and got the same thing, to top it off the low gas light came on. So I called the bank and talked to the clerk about my predicament-turns out my card number was involved in a group of others where the "security" was compromised. So after I shit myself they said no "suspicious withdrawls" were monitored (I'll be the judge of that thanks buddy for the immediate heads up of my money). So upside is I still have my money but I have to wait for a new card. I can't handle this shit I'm going to get a drink-oh wait I can't.
    How did you pay for dinner? Put it on your credit card? BTW, this is why I keep $100 hidden with in my room some where.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I got a fraud alert phone call this past week after I hit up a post office, a barber shop, and two late night beer runs in three different respective cities.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

they felt bad for me and let me go...
    I don't carry a credit card because of all the shit that has been going on, my score is kept up via the car.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    they felt bad for me and let me go...
    I don't carry a credit card because of all the shit that has been going on, my score is kept up via the car.
    Well they see you had intetions to pay, are you a regular? If not, what else they going to do? Make you do dishes? They have to catch me first.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

You only carry one way to pay with you?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Cash and debit, not enough cover the food obviously, they will be compensated. Right now I 'm a little upset on how weak this orange cello is I found-excuse me.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

so whered the 10 lbs come into play?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

took a 10 lbs shit in his pants i'm thinking

I had something like that happen around the holidays couple years ago...locked my debit card because "there was suspicious spending" on it. Umm yea it's fuckin christmas and i'm buying stuff...sweet baby jesus.
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 11-30-2009 at 08:51 PM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

speaking of....my dads gas card got shut off on a road trip cuz of suspicious activity.

yeah...its road trip, hes buying gas often and in different states, lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

the day i picked up my hawk I had a friend drive me up to get it. I told him I would take care of tolls and gas. I gave him cash for his tolls but the gas is when things got interesting.

We roll into the gas station, my car spotless since it had just come out of the garage it had been in for three years. Couple of people look at it one asks some questions. Nice stang at one of the other pumps... ok np. lets get gas. I go in the station to pay for my fuel and put it on my credit card. then my friend, who had gone to use the restroom comes out and is ready to pump his gas. So I go back into the station and try to buy more gas.... can you see where this is going? Well stick with me it gets better. I pay for like 20 dollars of 87 octane. He goes to pump and notices it won't let him use premium. He comes back to complain to me that his 4cyl Altima needs premium..... We cancel the transaction and the attendant tries to do it again this time with premium....

This is when the red flag raises and my card is declined. I ended up paying cash and talking on the phone with the card company while he pumped. They cleared it up right over the phone. Turns out there was a charge from like Georgia or something which I remembered later was an internet purchase the night before. The distance between Georgia and Connecticut and the fact I was trying to buy gas three times in a row (as far as they could see) is why the blocked the card. Glad they monitor but it made for one ticked off attendant lololol

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wife and I never carry cash. We carry Debit Mastercard, and a City Master, but the day I pay a percentage rate on cheap ass food is the day the card gets cut up. You would'nt take a loan out for shoe laces right, so why would someone take a loan out for fast food? (more of a statment than a question) I would have told them keep their food and drove away.. Reason we never carry cash is if you lose cash it's GONE. I lose one of my cards I make a phone call and get a new one. No money gone from anywhere.. Just my .02 Good that the bank was looking out for it's customers though. Even if it was a hang up for a little while. Could have been much worse..

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Wife and I never carry cash. We carry Debit Mastercard, and a City Master, but the day I pay a percentage rate on cheap ass food is the day the card gets cut up. You would'nt take a loan out for shoe laces right, so why would someone take a loan out for fast food? (more of a statment than a question) I would have told them keep their food and drove away.. Reason we never carry cash is if you lose cash it's GONE. I lose one of my cards I make a phone call and get a new one. No money gone from anywhere.. Just my .02 Good that the bank was looking out for it's customers though. Even if it was a hang up for a little while. Could have been much worse..
    I am the same way, sorta. I don't cary cash for the same reasons. But I put just about any electronic purchase on my credit card for the extended warranty. But usually pay it all off this month or atleast all of it next month.

maple red
    2000 trans am

Im all cash all the time, i have more of a feeling of what i have and not have...

My dads card was on hold also about 3 days ago(i guess the credit card copmpanys are finally doing their jobs)

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I carry cash & 3 cards

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Cash, check or money order. No credit cars and no Debit either.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Cash, check or money order. No credit cars and no Debit either.
    You don't have a debit card but you have a checking account? That's weird...I thought they give you one automatically.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Nope. ATM access only.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

its a pain in the ass, I can't order anything over the internet without someone elses help. Well, I suppose thats not SO bad, it won't be my identity getting stolen

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    You don't have a debit card but you have a checking account? That's weird...I thought they give you one automatically.
    No referance to anyone. But usually if you have bad credit a bank wont issue a debit master/visa card.. Only a bank machine card..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information