DisCrete

#1 reason why foreigners should not be allowed to have computer certs...

Aerialist you will get a kick out of this.

Note: Read from bottom to the top... that's latest post to the most recent post which was today... and I won't get another response until tomorrow.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question - 362596
    Sent : 2006/6/2 05:06
    Question : Only if I buy a new motherboard and if it works on that motherboard I'm returning this one as I see no reason to keep it.

as my original question clearly stated that I have to buy another motherboard to test it.

Answer - 362179
    Answer : Hi

is it possible to test the card on a different SLI compatible motherboard to further test the issue?

Question - 362179
    Sent : 2006/6/1 03:21
    Question : yes

Answer - 361996
    Answer : hi

did you tried to remove the board from the case and test outside the case to eliminate any shorting possibility?
    Only power on with just the below components
    - cpu along with hsf
    - one stick of memory
    - videocard

If there are no issue with it standing on outside the case please reinsert back into the case with the same components and install them back one at a time if there are no issue

Thank you

Question - 361996
    Sent : 2006/5/31 16:04
    Question : I realize there were 2 versions... the version with the lesser stats is not the one I bought... so I am pretty sure the C version

and the motherboard I have is not for an AMD the K8 is... I have the LGA 775 intel board GA-8N-SLI Pro motherboard... the video card is: 3D1-C as the other version newegg had was the XL version which is slower in performance than this one... I read in the reviews it can be used on other motherboards not just the gigabyte, as long as it had an Nforce 4 chipset but I chose the gigabyte motherboard for failsafe reasons just in case it wasn't.

Thanks for any further help you can provide.
    Answer - 361173
    Answer : Hi

did you get the 3d1 version from the K8NXP-SLI motherboard or this version is the 3D1-C?
    If this card was from the K8NXP-SLI combo it will not be able to work with any other board except for the K8NXP-SLI motherboard.

Thank you

Question - 361173
    Sent : 2006/5/29 03:32
    Question : I bought the motherboard and video card as well as ram from Newegg

Upon receipt, The product was carelessly packaged if not damaged I do not know yet.

When I install everything, the computer boots past post, then shuts it's self down. I have isolated everything down to the video card and still the same problem. I have tried 2 different power supplies, and my only troubleshooting option left is to try a new motherboard WHICH I HAVE TO BUY. I am going to test the Asus P5ND2-SLI with Nforce 4 chipset, as I was told the video card is compatible with other motherboards now. In addition to this problem the power adapter cable included with the video card is damaged/defective as the connector is no longer attached to it.

Now, I've used gigabyte motherboards before however, I tend to trust asus, and abit more. This is the 2nd time I go with a name brand I do not fully trust and have gotten screwed out of the deal.

Now I'm stuck with a dual core video card I can not use, and a motherboard which indicates defective nature no matter how I troubleshoot the problem.

The type of ram I'm using is 2 x OCZ PC2-5400 512MB Dual channel.

I'm open to suggestions as to what the problem can be for one, and 2 the most important thing.

I need a new power cable adapter for the video card as I do not want to risk damaging the video card.

When I called your tech support, no disrespect intended but the technician was an idiot. While both power supplies I tried, exhibited the same problem, at one point the technician said my harddrive was the issue, that might have been causing a power problem. If this is true then why do both Powersupplies work with the harddrive on a different computer with a different setup. And I have more than enough wattage to run this video card.

I am currently using a 420 Watt PS, and the 2nd I tried was a 24 pin 550 watt Xeon power supply neither worked on this motherboard with the HD and video card active. Why do I say your technician is an idiot is because even disconnecting the harddrive exhibited the same problem as when it was connected. Which tells me 1 of 3 things.

1. Motherboard.
    2. Ram
    3. Video card.

Now my money is on the motherboard, because I've encountered off brand motherboards that only support VERY specific types of ram.. which information is never available to consumers by any of your distributors, only on your site, if at all.

2. The video card had no video annomolies except the same wavey line problem and the shut down after boot, Yes i swapped out the SLI chips both from the motherboard and the video card NEITHER made a difference.

3. I doubt it's the ram because although your technical specs on this motherboard indicates PC2-6400 compatibility, my CPU is only 800mhz bus compatible, PC2-6400 requires 1066 bus setting and there is no CPU out that I know of that supports a 1066 bus, however PC2-5400 does not, and is compatible with both 800/1066 bus speeds (note: info maybe inaccurate regarding the ram requirement differences between PC2-6400 vs PC2-5400. But at the time when I bought the ram that was the soul reason I bought the 5400 and not the 6400.)

Note: 1 more thing about the bios version and driver version. I can not give this information as 1. I can not read the bios version on the screen because of the wavy lines, and 2. There is no driver version as I can not get the comp to boot into windows much less to install the drivers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GV-3D1
    --------------------------
    PCB ver : 1.0
    Driver Ver : N/A
    Serial No. : 0528030034
    Purchase Dealer : Newegg
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Motherboard Brand : GIGABYTE
    Model : 8NSLI
    Operation System : Win XP SP : 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have nothing against foreigners knowing about technology.. but people wonder why the U.S. is the most technologically advanced country in the world.... it's because we understand technology, and are not script kiddies who steal ideas from other foreign designers to impliment into our own products...

"Excluding piracy of course" *cough*

Tell me arielist how stupid do u have to be as a technician to not notice I answered every single question these people asked in my very first post about the problem?

Yet they continue to ask questions which are already answered?

And I should add which indicates poor vernacular.

Don't support a fuckin product if u don't speak the language....

"Another side effect of learning foreign languages when they do not respect our country's own american culture."

Speaking english does not make you american.. when you can't read and write it either.
    Last edited by DisCrete; 06-01-2006 at 07:18 PM.

DisCrete
    hrmm ok i editted it
    Last edited by DisCrete; 06-01-2006 at 07:18 PM.

as a guy who works for a helpdesk.... OMG good luck, i hate when i have to call manufactures for shit

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

the read from bottom to top coulda been the first post.....

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    the read from bottom to top coulda been the first post.....
    yea you can go ahead and edit that...

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

? ?

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

oh your talking to Discrete

DisCrete
    Alas,

The update of death... as if I never saw this coming

Answer - 362596
    Answer : If you wish you can either send in the videocard or motherboard for us to further test for you. If you do wish to proceed on please refer to the below link to submit your rma request.

http://rma.gigabyte-usa.com

Thank you

Ya, you know what happens when you do this.. you wait 3-4 weeks for them to send you a new motherboard... since they can't fix the old one.

F*ck that... I'll buy a new motherboard from a local shop... that just isn't fast enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DisCrete
    Alas,

The update of death... as if I never saw this coming

Answer - 362596
    Answer : If you wish you can either send in the videocard or motherboard for us to further test for you. If you do wish to proceed on please refer to the below link to submit your rma request.

http://rma.gigabyte-usa.com

Thank you

Ya, you know what happens when you do this.. you wait 3-4 weeks for them to send you a new motherboard... since they can't fix the old one.

F*ck that... I'll buy a new motherboard from a local shop... that just isn't fast enough for me.
    buy the same one, swap it with the busted one and return it

DisCrete
    I don't trust gigabyte enough to try that.. when they can't even read english.

I'm just buying an Asus board... I've used Asus for years.. and never had 1 bad motherboard from them

now, gigabyte and ECS oh ya.

Abit and Asus only 2 manf. i trust anymore

only 2 i trust are asus and msi, running an AMD 3200 (32bit) in an MSI for a while now

DisCrete
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason
    only 2 i trust are asus and msi, running an AMD 3200 (32bit) in an MSI for a while now

You poor soul. I'm so sorry.

The darkside of the force has consumed your soul.

Fear not AMD user there is still hope... Even for you!

Thread Information