Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

*** New Year Same Me January Train ***

This is a discussion on *** New Year Same Me January Train *** within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS Ha! No thanks, my old dog had bad habits of his own. Any trash bag/can out ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Ha! No thanks, my old dog had bad habits of his own. Any trash bag/can out of my sight was fair game for him. GREAT dog, listened to nearly every command, never could get him out of that mentality though. Bastard shit a whole corn cob one time after dumpster diving, he was in a lot of pain. I told him he deserved it, I like to think he understood what I said.
    Mine doesn't get in the trash and never eats human food. I've never given him any because that's a bad habit to start. He does other shit like take his paw and knock on the door to get in when you let him out and if you're busy he just keeps beating the shit out of the door until you get there. Gets dog food everywhere when he eats. Had to start feeding him in the garage because he gets the shit everywhere. He also sleeps on his back against a wall and scratches all the paint off the wall with his claws when he dreams. He snores and sounds like a busted chainsaw. He drags the kids blankets off their beds to sleep on them. That's just to name a few. Overall he's a good guard dog and he serves a purpose but I can't wait until his big ass is gone. I'm not gonna shoot him or anything like that but I also won't break down in tears when he kicks the bucket either.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

My two are are clowns. We were a little worried introducing the new one to Stormy at first. Not that Stormy was aggressive, just that she's a big girl.

Lluvia kept trying to assert dominance and Stormy just kept ignoring her till one day Lluvia thought she was Queen Bitch with all the toys. Stormy got tired of it and showed her who's the Alpha by grabbing a toy Lluvia was sitting on and yanked it so hard she flip Lluvia up in the air. Then when Lluvia tryed to get it back Stormy just slapped her paw down on Lluiva and pinned her down for a min or two. After a couple of more incidents of this Lluvia finally figured out that she's not Alpha. There was another time they were playing tug of war and in the beginning Stormy would never yank too hard against Lluvia. Not that she's got some girth on her Stormy has increased her playing but still doesn't go full out like with me. She did one time and Lluvia went flying across the yard. Funny as hell to watch.

I love watching the reaction of strangers when they come up to the door trying to peddle their crap and hear then see 2 GS trying to push past me at the door. They tend to not stay too long. I want them to bark like that went ppl come to the door so even though they turn into big babies once you pet them. I've only seen Stormy get in guard mode twice and I understand why too. In both cases the guys gave off bad vibes.

In the last couple of years the neighborhood has had more GS come in then any other dog I've seen. When I first move there there were only 3 including my Cici that pasted. Now I count about 20-25.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Y'all want huge dogs...get a Dachshund

Sickness is a viral GI bug going around according to the doc. Didn't even need to get an appointment, but it seems to be gettin' better. This whole peein' out the butt thing is getting old though.

2013 GMC 1500 4x4
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Would you like a St Bernard? I can't wait until this big bastard is gone. 6-10 is their average like span. He's 8 so right in the sweet spot. I'll probably have the one that sets some kind of life span record. Good dog generally...just huge and has some annoying habits.
    I read on the internet that if you give your dog buttermilk it will live 18-25 dunno it was on the internet so it has to be true

Junior Moderator

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Our dominant dog of the house is the toy Min Pin, Natasha. She's an asshole, and I love her for it.

And I never thought I'd say this, but my favorite pet of our remaining three is the damn cat, Pikachu (thanks son). He's completely chill, you can hold him like a baby and rub his belly all day long. Doesn't give two shits about laser pointers. Kills every squirrel, rat or mole on sight. Inside/outside, so no litter box. Comes and goes as he pleases, and tolerates the dogs.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

toy Min Pin - looks like a Doberman and a Chihuahua had a love child.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Dachshund=BIG dog in a small package

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Had to bury my big dog over the weekend. He lived a long life for an English Mastiff at 13, but man I wasn't ready
    Sorry to hear that. Caleb died last month. Also very sudden. He was almost 11. We think he had a heart attack. Not sure.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

My first dog was a dachshund, Buck was his name. He was way overweight. I believe ~30 pounds, died at 13 from kidney failure. Second dog was a chow chow named Bear. He didn't live very long, I think 7-8 years old? He started to go blind, and his daily routine was to take about a half mile trip down the road (very rural) to visit the neighbor dog. He did it daily for years. One day on our way to work me and my old man found him, covered with leaves, dead on the side of the road. Really looked like someone tried to cover him up. Being as he was the dog he was (much like anyone else with a bigger breed, odd looking critter), surely whoever hit him knew who's dog it was. We never have found out. After that was a short stint without any dogs, then we picked up Jake, a yellow lab 'mix'. We rescued him, he was around 4 years old. The previous owner was being mean and neglecting him, and he was a sweet boy. He lived for his ball. Shortly after that we got Harley, the blood hound and he was the sweetest boy. He lived to be 9, passed away of suspected kidney failure (much of the same symptoms as Buck). My parents have not gotten another pet since, despite a stray cat.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Hopefully can get started on a garage project here again soon.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

*** New Year Same Me January Train ***

backing up the stomach bug with a dentist visit this morning.

Junior Moderator

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Took the kids to the circus the other day. I hadn't been to one in years, and my wife and kids had never been. It was a good experience for them, and now I want a White Siberian Tiger. Practical, no. Would it eat my face given the chance? Maybe. But they're just so damn majestic. I should have bought the mansion outside of town that had the big cat enclosure, it was only $2.5 mil

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

If it was that much of a mansion, split it 4 ways, then its almost affordable...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    My first dog was a dachshund, Buck was his name. He was way overweight. I believe ~30 pounds, died at 13 from kidney failure. Second dog was a chow chow named Bear. He didn't live very long, I think 7-8 years old? He started to go blind, and his daily routine was to take about a half mile trip down the road (very rural) to visit the neighbor dog. He did it daily for years. One day on our way to work me and my old man found him, covered with leaves, dead on the side of the road. Really looked like someone tried to cover him up. Being as he was the dog he was (much like anyone else with a bigger breed, odd looking critter), surely whoever hit him knew who's dog it was. We never have found out. After that was a short stint without any dogs, then we picked up Jake, a yellow lab 'mix'. We rescued him, he was around 4 years old. The previous owner was being mean and neglecting him, and he was a sweet boy. He lived for his ball. Shortly after that we got Harley, the blood hound and he was the sweetest boy. He lived to be 9, passed away of suspected kidney failure (much of the same symptoms as Buck). My parents have not gotten another pet since, despite a stray cat.
    I keep thinking I'll end up the same. But I always end up getting more. It's hard losing a dog. Losing Caleb was so unexpected. One moment he was fine and the next gone. It was sad. He was a really sweet boy. After losing Chloe to CHF, I've been dreading losing the next. I've had and lost many dogs... but losing Chloe devastated me. Took me two years to add another Dog after she died. She was just 'that' dog for me. I still think about her all the time.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Funny how we like these little critters more than other humans.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

People suck.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I've got a shirt that says;

DOGS
    Because People Suck

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Brother is home from Alaska with his family for the week. Good to have him back in town.

Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

Started a new job last week
    Kia dealer 10 minutes from home. No more 40 minute ride down to the shore
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Started a new job last week
    Kia dealer 10 minutes from home. No more 40 minute ride down to the shore
    Good...now I'll know who to text when I have to start working on the wife's Hyundai. 30 minutes savings each way is no joke though.....that'll be nice especially on shitty weather days

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information