Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

****NFL Wk 3****

A little early but I may get too busy to post later, so in order for Orion not to here it is.

Thur: Right side is home team

TB VS ATL

Sun:

SD VS BUF
    TEN VS CIN
    BTL VS CLE
    GB VS DET
    DAL VS STL
    OAK VS NE
    MIN VS NO
    HOU VS NYG
    WAS VS PHI
    IND VS JAC
    SF VS ARZ
    KC VS MIA
    DEN VS SEA
    PIT VS CAR

Mon:
    CHI VS NYJ

Also RGIII has dislocated ankle, could be out for rest of the season.....someone's fantasy draft just blew up....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Adrian Beaterson is out again it looks like. I was shocked that they even planned on playing him. Dumbass move by the vikings front office but they know their season hinges on AP playing. If he plays they finish 4-12......if he doesn't play they'll be doing good to get half those wins.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Adrian Beaterson is out again it looks like. I was shocked that they even planned on playing him. Dumbass move by the vikings front office but they know their season hinges on AP playing. If he plays they finish 4-12......if he doesn't play they'll be doing good to get half those wins.
    Yea, I was surprised at their decision Monday too. I think we'll still get 4 wins, but for all intensive purposes, the season is over - can't do much about it now.

'89 Turbo Trans Am Pace Car (Mom's car now)

'68 Camaro - 572 coming soon

'67 Nova - 406 SBC, PG

'10 ZR1

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Hopefully next time he won't make his 4 year old bleed so much.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Yea, I was surprised at their decision Monday too. I think we'll still get 4 wins, but for all intensive purposes, the season is over - can't do much about it now.
    I was busting your balls.....they'll still get some wins without him but that's a huge huge blow to that team as it would be any team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Navy Blue Metallic

Wondering how long till they cut him?

Arctic White, red/gray

It's a tough thing to do. The guy is the main reason this mediocre looks good when they do look good. But now they have sponsors threatening to pull their investments out of the team.

Navy Blue Metallic

Just heard a great conspiracy theory.

AP problems are all part of JJ's plan to get him to sign with the Cowboys.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    It's a tough thing to do. The guy is the main reason this mediocre looks good when they do look good. But now they have sponsors threatening to pull their investments out of the team.
    If they weren't pulling out he would still be playing...it's always about the money.

Between the double jeopardy thing with Ray Rice and now Peterson's suspension I have found myself asking if the judicial system still exists. Everyone has seen the pictures of his kid, but it hasn't gone to trial yet and he's already being punished because of the lack of policy in the NFL and pressure of outside sources. I back the judicial system and firmly believe in innocent until proven guilty in these situations because we really don't know everything about the situation although we can draw some solid conclusions based on what has been released so far...

Not saying I agree with what these guys did, it just looks like they have no policies to handle this stuff and the judicial system is on stand by because of it.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I was busting your balls.....they'll still get some wins without him but that's a huge huge blow to that team as it would be any team.
    I thought maybe so - but, you never know. And, yes, without him we're toast.....another one like him won't be found any time soon.

Navy Blue Metallic

What I don't understand is how in the Hell did the NFL not get the message that they needed to look over their Personal Conduct clauses after the Micheal Vick incident.

I mean damn, come on....

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    If they weren't pulling out he would still be playing...it's always about the money.

Between the double jeopardy thing with Ray Rice and now Peterson's suspension I have found myself asking if the judicial system still exists. Everyone has seen the pictures of his kid, but it hasn't gone to trial yet and he's already being punished because of the lack of policy in the NFL and pressure of outside sources. I back the judicial system and firmly believe in innocent until proven guilty in these situations because we really don't know everything about the situation although we can draw some solid conclusions based on what has been released so far...

Not saying I agree with what these guys did, it just looks like they have no policies to handle this stuff and the judicial system is on stand by because of it.
    Yes to a point he has not been proven guilty in a court of law. But he confessed to doing it. He hasn't denied it, in his mind he didn't do anything wrong. He was beat with a switch when he was a kid so in his mind that makes it ok. The NFL and the judicial system are not the same thing. The NFL can impose it's own penalties. Corporations and businesses do this as well. There are many times where no laws were actually broken or no convictions have occured but the ethics policy of the company were violated. Ethics/morals and the law often do not go hand in hand. In this case though it's all about money, a sponsor was looking to pull out and that money is worth more than Peterson apparently.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-17-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    What I don't understand is how in the Hell did the NFL not get the message that they needed to look over their Personal Conduct clauses after the Micheal Vick incident.

I mean damn, come on....
    I don't think they cared in all honesty... The money was rolling in, he went to jail, the problem went away, and people "most people" forgot about it...they tried the exact same thing with Ray Rice but it came back and bit them in the ass. They literally tried almost the exact same thing with him...

Black / White

Yes to a point he has not been proven guilty in a court of law. But he confessed to doing it. He hasn't denied it, in his mind he didn't do anything wrong. He was beat with a switch when he was a kid so in his mind that makes it ok. The NFL and the judicial system are not the same thing. The NFL can impose it's own penalties. Corporations and businesses do this as well. There are many times where no laws were actually broken or no convictions have occured but the ethics policy of the company were violated. Ethics/morals and the law often do not go hand in hand. In this case though it's all about money, a sponsor was looking to pull out and that money is worth more than Peterson apparently.
    They have no ethics policies and I'm aware that the judicial and NFL rules are separate.

He admitted to disciplining his kid the way he was disciplined, he didn't admit he abused his kid. Just clarifying that.

Arctic White, red/gray

They have no ethics policies and I'm aware that the judicial and NFL rules are separate.

He admitted to disciplining his kid the way he was disciplined, he didn't admit he abused his kid. Just clarifying that.
    Yes he admitted to hitting a 4 year old with a stick until he had multiple lacerations on his legs, butt, back, hands, ankles and SCROTUM. That's right he admitted to beating his 4 year old son and causing bruises or cuts on his balls per the police report. That is child abuse and he admitted to it, just because he calls it something else doesn't mean it isn't.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I don't think they cared in all honesty... The money was rolling in, he went to jail, the problem went away, and people "most people" forgot about it...they tried the exact same thing with Ray Rice but it came back and bit them in the ass. They literally tried almost the exact same thing with him...
    I never forgot about it. He hasn't changed. It's who he is at the core. I don't care that he did time, how much money or time he gives to animals 'now'. That kind of mentality can't be rehabilitated. I hate Vick...

Black / White

Yes he admitted to hitting a 4 year old with a stick until he had multiple lacerations on his legs, butt, back, hands, ankles and SCROTUM. That's right he admitted to beating his 4 year old son and causing bruises or cuts on his balls per the police report. That is child abuse and he admitted to it, just because he calls it something else doesn't mean it isn't.
    Your missing the point... I think what he did was wrong, but he didn't admit he abused his kid. Those words never came out of his mouth. Do you honestly think he or is attorney are stupid enough to say those words out in the open?

We agree that it's wrong, we agree that it's abuse...but Peterson never and will never admit that he abused his kid.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I never forgot about it. He hasn't changed. It's who he is at the core. I don't care that he did time, how much money or time he gives to animals 'now'. That kind of mentality can't be rehabilitated. I hate Vick...
    Me too...I can't stand the guy. Scum of the earth imo.

Arctic White, red/gray

Your missing the point... I think what he did was wrong, but he didn't admit he abused his kid. Those words never came out of his mouth. Do you honestly think he or is attorney are stupid enough to say those words out in the open?

We agree that it's wrong, we agree that it's abuse...but Peterson never and will never admit that he abused his kid.
    I guess if that's your point.... that those words never left his mouth then you have made it. It is an irrelevant point but a point none the less.

Black / White

I guess if that's your point.... that those words never left his mouth then you have made it. It is an irrelevant point but a point none the less.
    its not irrelevant if he plans to plead not guilty to child abuse

Back to football!

I predict the Saints defense is ranked in the top 5 in fantasy points for the weekend since they are playing in New Orleans against the Vikings.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information