Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Gen 6 rear view mirror/camera

Hi all,

Does anyone have a Gen 6 Camaro with the camera that works with the rear view mirror?

I am wondering how well it works as a rear view mirror during normal night driving.

I have it but honestly I rarely use it since I have a vert, car usually has the top down when driven so no need to use the camera. I rarely have driven at night, maybe if it gets past 40 out I'll give it a try.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I don't have it on my Camaro, but I've seen it on a newer Vette. I would argue it's actually clearer than a mirror, with no obstruction from the back window. Camera also seems to adjust to different lighting accordingly.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Well I tried it out tonight and it is washed out, it is better with the regular mirror. Daytime is soo much better. The camera does well pulling in light but that wide view is lost so having it use the regular mirror just looks more natural. I was never a huge fan of it but it has its place during the day. Another thing is my eyesight in the daytime. I use glasses for distance so when I have it on camera view it is blurred unless I take my glasses off or tilt my head. I doubt I would use it. Too bad GM got rid of the interior light option for 2021, that is way cool to be able to set your interior lighting colors.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Well I tried it out tonight and it is washed out, it is better with the regular mirror. Daytime is soo much better. The camera does well pulling in light but that wide view is lost so having it use the regular mirror just looks more natural. I was never a huge fan of it but it has its place during the day. Another thing is my eyesight in the daytime. I use glasses for distance so when I have it on camera view it is blurred unless I take my glasses off or tilt my head. I doubt I would use it. Too bad GM got rid of the interior light option for 2021, that is way cool to be able to set your interior lighting colors.
    My concern would be that I can't see enough in the rear view and that I won't have enough awareness of my surroundings.

Still weighing my options on rebuilding my WS6 or getting a new Camaro SS 1LE. I wish I could get a delete on the blackened hood treatment on the 1LE, I can'ts stand it.

red
    2010 Jeep JK

I use it on the track, because it gives you a much broader view of what is behind u!

Thread Information