Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Exclamation Fact check: Trump overstates the cost of a Camaro in China

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I wonder if he just threw a number out there, or if that price included costs above and beyond just the price of the car itself. Shipping, additional taxes etc. I'd be interested in seeing a breakdown of the actual total cost a customer in China pays at the bottom line, which I'm sure is even above the 50k+ number this story put out. I'm not on one side of the fence or the other, just interested in seeing real world cost to consumer.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Oh brother

Is the news media that desperate to smear the man that they have to "fact check" the cost of a Camaro in China? Ugh...

On the other hand, a ZL1 or Z28 is technically a Camaro (and those START at $70K+ domestically). Did the reporters actually bother to assess the cost of each trim level, or are they just talking about an option-less bare bones V6 model.... bought used?

EDIT: I love how they say only the 2.0T is available in China "according to GM" and the link they provide takes you right to their own (autoblog's) home page. Now that's integrity in journalism!
    Last edited by Naaman; 08-27-2018 at 05:13 PM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

The media is all about smear campaigns. The only difference from one channel to the other is the subject of the smearing.
    I think the difference this time around is that Trump makes everyone mad at some point. Personally I don't care for the guy much, but I also don't buy into the "everything he does is a disaster" thing. I've hated a lot of our trade policies over the years, so seeing a shakeup gives me some hope in bringing some balance. The media was all about jumping on him when the stock fell a couple hundred points right after, but I've seen a steady climb since. Besides, it is short-sighted to look at the instant market values. It will take time to see what the real results from these deals/tariffs are. Also, I really really hope the new renamed NAFTA makes a difference as well.

But I'm starting to get a bit off-topic lol, I try not to put myself into many political conversations. I don't lean one way or the other very much, so I find myself ending up a mediator in debates instead of on the podium.

My interest in this was to see the true cost to consumer in China when all is said and done. I haven't seen any of the media outlets provide that, only enough to support their opinions, which is quite annoying.

BLACK
    1998 WS6, ASC BUILD #206

I don't have a dog in this fight but... when you take into consideration the exchange rate it get's in the area of possibility. 119,000 HKD to USD = 15,279.13 US Dollars. I was there 5 years ago and $100.00 HKD cost me $13.00 USD. You could have a great vacation there for your money. That is, after you get over the cost to get there. (GRIN) Main land China may be different. I didn't go up country.
    This T/A WS6 is Factory modified by ASC at the Lachine facility on March 13, 1998 and is identified to be
    ASC build #206.
    We took delivery from Pontiac dealer April 7th, 1998.
    ASC Factory letter provided from them.

Love of money is the root of all evil.
    Send $19.95 for more information.

Thread Information