red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

5.3 or Ls1 boosted build

I have a 2001 z28 with original ls1 drivetrain. (144k) I'm picking up my on3 full kit tomm but still up in the air of the combo I want to run. I would like to ildingbe 650-700 range. I have a 4l80e trans setup so that part is taken care of. My question is,o a budget build, should I stay with the ls1 that is in the car now(runs perfect) or do a jump to a 5.3 truck engine. I do not plan on getting into the lower end of either setup. The 5.3 I would run untill it pops and grab another from salvage and throw in it's place. The ls1 drivetrain I could sell to someone now but I would still need to buy all accessories+plan for the truck setup. Or last and seems most simple, run the ls1 until it pops, and then concert to 5.3? Is there a way to drop in a 5.3 with all truck stock accessories (changing intake and oil pan setup) like a thinner radiator setup? That would be ideal and easy. You could have old out and new back in pronto. Are there any step by step guides to using a 5.3 in an ls1. I've found a swap to every other car under the sun and let to ls swap but no exact 5.3 in place of ls1. Hopefully detailed enough to point out exact brackets, pumps, pulleys etc. If not, I had better take good notes if I do my swap so I can add a post. Thanks in advance for Input!!
    ​​​​​​​

red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I guess to piggyback my thead. If I changed the oil pan, and used the manifold in picture(short runner sheet metal intake that clears Tru accessories) is there a reason the 5.3 wouldn't fit in fbody

Thread Information