Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Turtle Wax ICE..car polish

Bought some of the Turtle Wax Ice last week, not expecting much since I have tried every product out there. This stuff is incredible, very high gloss showcar type shine , shines paint, plastic parts, everything. 1 bottle is good for about 15-20 applications, wipes on like water, wipes off a few minutes later using a microfiber cloth. Can do a whole car in under 30 minutes(includes the 10 minutes to let it dry). Car is so slick now, feels like I spent hours polishing the car. Is not a standard wax or polish, is more of a paint sealant that looks incredible when done. They also sell a spray to do between the bottle stuff, to keep it looking detailed. I know there will be people out there that will say this other wax is all I use and this other one is better, but I can achieve a show quality shine in 30 minutes and car beads off water like a fine wax in a fraction of the time with blinding shine. Another plus is that it covers all the fine scratches on the car. I am not sure how long it lasts, but with ease of use, even a month would be great. My cars paint looks better now than new... I would suggest the first time using it, wash car well, let dry and use a claybar first if you need to, then put the ICE on. It's hard to explain stuff like this, but the shine is incredible..I went to another F-Body site and seen people saying the same thing as this and how great it is. I tried it on my other car that is black pearl and looks fantastic.

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

can you post some pics I would like to see what it looks like! Thanks!!
    -Will

'99 Camaro SS SLP#24 -- Not as Slow and Still As Pretty

2002 Z28

Silver is hard to show how good it works, so added in wifes car too, since black really shows the reflections. Took me less than a hour to do both cars, and says multiple coats will improve the shine, this is with 1 coat.

Last edited by rotwiler; 03-22-2006 at 01:07 PM.

1999 Camaro SS #24
    98 Corvette-99 Camaro SS

Like it!! I think I'll have to buy some and give it a shot this weekend!!! Thanks for the pics!!!

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

Sounds like it may be a Zaino knock off.

2002 Z28

It's nothing like zaino.. Is like a clear liquid tire shine you wipe on, but instead of tires it wipes on the paint, requires no pre layers and wipes off. Is some kind of synthetic stuff, I know people will knock it down and thats fine, but this stuff even protects the tires, rubber, black sailpanel, tailights etc... Can put on in full sun, and leaves a incredible slick surface and shine. Since I owned my car new in 02 I waxed it a couple times with NXT and tried other stuff, but I really don't have the time to spend hours buffing out the car and I live out in the country, so car gets dirty quick, this stuff has been on a week now and car looks like I just did it, a quick wipe with a cloth to remove a little dust and it will look great. I seen some guys talking about how good it was, so decided to try it, like everything you read on the net or see on t.v, using it yourself is the true test. All I know now is for as little as 1 hour a month keeping it up, I'll look like I spent hours waxing and polishing. I normally don't hype up anything like this, but this is a product I've wanted for years.

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

Oh, I wasn't knocking it by any means. Just speculating.
    I may try it myself.

2002 Z28

I have friends in a local car club for Camaro's and they are into showing cars at almost every event, so they spend hours and hours a week getting the cars looking like glass. I will say that the cars look better, but I have nowhere near the time and the don't even take the cars out in the rain. This Ice stuff is like putting a brand new clear coat over the paint...it hides all the flaws and leaves no residue as long as you wipe it off well and they say not to use anything but a microfiber cloth and rub slow to get the best shine. For around $16 and in the area of 20 applications, it is pretty cost effective. Also, for people who have no clue how to wax a car, you can get out there in 30 minutes and look like a new car. I think you could even put it on your tires and would hold a shine longer than most over the counter stuff, plus it wouldn't fly off and get on your fender. I'm curious when I go to the track this weekend to see if it makes the rubber come off the fender easier. I think I need to buy stock in Turtle wax..lol

NBM
    '00 Z28

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a clay bar and what is it used for.

2002 Z28

A clay bar is used to remove contaminants on the paint before you polish/wax a car. You can buy it at most auto parts stores, comes with a piece of clay and spray detailer, you spray the detailer on the car to slick up the surface and run the claybar over it, removes contaminants in the the paint and leaves the surface of the paint smooth. Makes taking wax off easier and you start out with a already smooth surface. If you run your hand over your paint after the car has been washed and dried and it doesn't feel smooth, then that is the time a claybar would help when you wax.
    Last edited by rotwiler; 03-28-2006 at 03:50 PM.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Thanks. I've been wondering how I was going to get the swirl marks out of my carsince the car was detailed last by a retard.

2002 Z28

Claybar wouldn't help with swirl marks, but I think the ICE polish would make a big difference.

CartekLS1
    I have that stuff and it to me it was like trying to wax the car with baby oil. Maybe it was too damp out, but that stuff did not want to come off.

2002 Z28

I put it on when it was about 45 out in the sun, have to let it dry for about 10 minutes and use a fresh microfiber cloth, don't use a regular type cloth. I have extra microfiber towels and use 2 per car to make sure it is not building up on the cloth. When it dries it isn't oily at all to the touch.. Try it in the sun and should come off great. I first tried my silver Z28 and it isn't a good judge of how a car shines, but turned out great, so I tried it on the other car that is black and looked great, it can be buffed out with a buffer too. I think paint condition could make a difference.. The stuff is oily, simular to tire shine when going on.

Red
    1998 Z28

took my car to a local car show last friday. just got done cleaning it and i when i drove up i noticed how dull my car looked a buddy of mine had a new bottle of that ice. i put it on and wow does it ever work good. i would highly recomend it!

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

sounds like an infomercial...

black
    2000 camaro ss+ 1987 GN

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704
    sounds like an infomercial...
    Yea it does I did the inside of my hood, check it out on my web site.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by rug
    Yea it does I did the inside of my hood, check it out on my web site.

what website?
    Last edited by sgt0704; 05-24-2006 at 11:36 AM.

black
    2000 camaro ss+ 1987 GN

Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704
    what website?
    Sorry, heres my site.
    http://hometown.aol.com/rugiero22/myhomepage/auto.html

black
    2000 Z28 (sold)

i think i might go buy some of that ice polish and try it out. im tired of having the white residue all over my car after waxing.

Thread Information