OK. The light flickering got the best of me on my `01 T/A. So I ordered a 200 amp powermaster alternator from Summit. By the way, DO NOT use their application guide. It is wrong. The correct one, in natural finish, is 48203 and has offset mounting holes. They show, in natural finish, 47805 which has inline mounting holes. Now here is a problem I had that you may or may not also encounter...
After installation you might notice the belt will be riding about 1/16" farther out toward the front on your idler pulley. At low to mid rpm`s it will be ok, but at higher rpm`s it will force your belt to walk out over the edges of your other pulleys and chew the hell out of the inside of the belt and maybe even fly off. I talked to Powermaster and they said they had never had this problem before. Long story cut short... the pulley on the Powermaster was 1/16" deeper than the oem pulley on my old delphi alternator. This pushed the belt out 1/16" and forced it to ride that much farther out on the idler pulley. Just 1/16" is very hard to see with the LS1 configuration having the alternator on the bottom. All you need to do is swap pulleys. Use the oem pulley on the Powermaster if you have this problem. My belt is now tracking back where it is supposed to be at all rpm`s, idle thru 6300.
I hope you don`t have this problem, but if you do, this might help you out a bit.