Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Magnaflow Cat back

So Ive had TSP True duals and a flowmaster cat back and by far the best system I have had on my car HANDS DOWN is the Magnaflow. The tips look awesome and so does the muffler. Now, the sound is incredible It hides the camshaft lope which is nice at least for me. The only complaint I have is that only one tail pipe puffs smoke out of it unless its WOT. Its a mild complaint but non the less. I would highly recommend this to anyone.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

you say magnaflows the best. whta other systems have you had? and did you have quad or dual tips

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Its the best I have had, can't say its the BEST of all time or anything. I have had flowmaster (it was on the car when I bought it) and TSP True duals that dumped before the axles. The flowmaster didn't sound as good as the magnaflow and construction wasn't as good. The TSP's didn't have enough ground clearence for my area of roads and got a lot of scraping. 3 or 4 people in the car and GOOD LUCK!!! It wouldn't make it anywhere. I've only had dual tips on all my systems, I perfer that. The magnaflow is 3.5" tips which look great

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    So Ive had TSP True duals and a flowmaster cat back and by far the best system I have had on my car HANDS DOWN is the Magnaflow. The tips look awesome and so does the muffler. Now, the sound is incredible It hides the camshaft lope which is nice at least for me. The only complaint I have is that only one tail pipe puffs smoke out of it unless its WOT. Its a mild complaint but non the less. I would highly recommend this to anyone.
    are you catted ? or running a cut out..when i had my cut out i had the one outlet smoke issue..but now with headers and a catless y..she smokes out of both...and x2 on one of the best systems i have personally heard

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    are you catted ? or running a cut out..when i had my cut out i had the one outlet smoke issue..but now with headers and a catless y..she smokes out of both...and x2 on one of the best systems i have personally heard
    Good questions I am not catted (TSP ORY) and I have no cutout.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Good questions I am not catted (TSP ORY) and I have no cutout.
    that is weird then ..i smoke out of both..but anyways..magnaflow is a awesome system..it sounds pretty tame at idle and light acceleration ..but once you get around 2k..everyone knows

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    that is weird then ..i smoke out of both..but anyways..magnaflow is a awesome system..it sounds pretty tame at idle and light acceleration ..but once you get around 2k..everyone knows
    = Magnaflow

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

I am ordering the magnaflows for sure probably after Christmas....unless Santa brings me a set. LOL, I doubt the wife will splurge for my exhaust. Anyways, I am back and forth with the 2 combos. Of course, I like the quad chrome tips....it looks nice. I just can't see spending the extra $300 bones for exhaust tips. From the reviews I have read, that is the only difference....now if it came with an electric cutout.....that would be a different story. Am I wrong with what I have read? Any comments, suggestions?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Tips are totally opinion but I wouldn't spend extra money for quad tips. The 3.5" polished stainless look amazing

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

I actually prefer the look of the one larger exhaust tip as to the smaller duals. I just wish there was a chrome option at a decent rate.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by muteki View Post
    I am ordering the magnaflows for sure probably after Christmas....unless Santa brings me a set. LOL, I doubt the wife will splurge for my exhaust. Anyways, I am back and forth with the 2 combos. Of course, I like the quad chrome tips....it looks nice. I just can't see spending the extra $300 bones for exhaust tips. From the reviews I have read, that is the only difference....now if it came with an electric cutout.....that would be a different story. Am I wrong with what I have read? Any comments, suggestions?

I had this same debate with myself, so I took the easy way out. I pulled up pics of both the single and dual tip systems and let the wife decide. This is what she chose: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121606

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Has anyone seen the magnaflow dual tip on a camaro? Just wondered what it would look like.

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I had this same debate with myself, so I took the easy way out. I pulled up pics of both the single and dual tip systems and let the wife decide. This is what she chose: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121606
    That part is not a problem. The wife lets me spend whatever I want as long as she gets the same amount for herself. So, if I want the more expensive ones, its no biggie. Its just that I want the chromes, but I won't pay an extra $300 for them....maybe $50 extra max.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

That part is not a problem. The wife lets me spend whatever I want as long as she gets the same amount for herself. So, if I want the more expensive ones, its no biggie. Its just that I want the chromes, but I won't pay an extra $300 for them....maybe $50 extra max.
    My tips are polished stainless and it looks DAMN close to chrome. My tips and muffler are both polished. No need to spend the extra money for something thats not any better

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have a way cool wife. She would never complain about dropping coin on our cars, nor is there any concern about her having to spend a similar amount for herself. I just let her decide as I couldn't make up my mind.

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Thanks for the input guys and blackss01, I have to agree....Im going for the single ports. I'd rather spend the difference on an electric cut out.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Thanks for the input guys and blackss01, I have to agree....Im going for the single ports. I'd rather spend the difference on an electric cut out.
    No problem. In my honest opinion the 2 3.5" tips look more aggressive then quad tips.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

No problem. In my honest opinion the 2 3.5" tips look more aggressive then quad tips.

I agree -- much more down to business. In addition, they have to weigh far less than the quads. Maybe I am off base, but it seems that when you see pics of the faster cars on this site they are generally running the single tips.

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

Weight might be a difference, but since I am not a serious racer....not really an issue for me. I do agree they look more intimidating though.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I think my magnaflow is quiet. But the cutout might effect the flow in the exhaust now...I think the stall effects the way it sounds as well.

Call me crazy but I put in the 3600 and I swore it quieted down my exhaust. Not as throaty, then I put the 4000 in and I swear it quieted down a tich more. Then after the cutout, it sounded quieter, well till i opened the cut out up.

Thread Information