Black
    2004 Grand Prix GTP

Energy Suspension Tranny Mount

Picked up an Energy Suspension Polyurethane transmission mount from LMPerformance.com for $20 + shipping. I was a little concerned with noise and had heard that the ES mounts weren't as stiff as the Prothane so that's what I went with.

Install is relatively easy. Instructions can be found at installuniversity.com. I also followed advice from this thread: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...n+tranny+mount
    I tightened all bolts to stock specs. It took me 30 minutes and I took my time.

There is more interior noise. I'd say it's equal to what you'd get from a performance exhaust. The noise does sound a little deisel-ish though. Here's what I gained...Shifts are firm and smooth. No more clunks when I don't match the revs exactly or release the clutch too quicly. It's also much tougher than the stock rubber mount so you don't have to worry about it breaking.
    Last edited by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!; 11-30-2005 at 04:26 PM.

Silver
    1999 Chevy Camaro Convert

One of the best and cheapest things I've done to improve my wheel-hop issue on my F-body was buy this trans mount. I had horrible wheel hop when I bought the my car from the previous owner and I tried changing the RLCA's and a bunch of things before I tried this and that's what was causing the bad wheel hop, the stock trans mount. After Install I never had anymore wheel hop. I have no interior noise from it at all either. I highly recommend installing this little life saver for $20.
    99 Z28 VERT A4 MODS: B&M transcooler, LS6 Intake, Pacesetter LT, ORY pipe, Flowmaster AT cat-back, SLP LID, UMI SFC, Hotchkis RLCA'S & STB. Tuned by Speed inc.

Thread Information