white
    2011 Camaro

Driver side window will not go all the way up

Have had my 2011 Camaro with convertible top in storage for last two years, took it out couple of days ago. For some reason the drivers side window now only goes up and down for about the first 2/3 of the way up, then stops dead in tracks. The window goes up effortlessly from bottom up to 2/3 way up, so not like the motor is weak or going bad. The battery was very weak and car had to be jump started. Am wondering if there is a "re-programming" thing that needs to be done. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, how do you fix it?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I moved it into the 5th Gen section for more visibility.

white
    2011 Camaro

Window needs to be "Re-Programmed after battery being dead

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I moved it into the 5th Gen section for more visibility.
    Disconnecting the battery for an extended period of time will require you to reprogram the windows when you connect it back.

Have you reprogrammed the windows? See page 1-16 of the "OWNERS MANUAL".

The manual explains how to do this:
    https://www.camaro5.com/forums/attac...1&d=1303241729

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

First, you may need to relearn or re-normalize IF....

1. The battery has been disconnected or replaced (winter storage may be a problem for some)

2. The door or motor harness has been disconnected.

3. Glass is out of alignment

4. When the door or door window glass has been replaced

5. When a regulator has been replaced

METHOD 1: (Use this plan!!!)
    1-A. Open the car door which needs to have the window adjusted. Turn the ignition to the run mode. Do one door at a time !!!

1-B. In the door jam, release the harness from the door (with a medium screwdriver, pull up the release tab, pull off w/ the palm of your hand, and pull the harness off the door for a minimum of 60 seconds (this is very important as the memory will be lost).

1-C. Reconnect the door harness and lock the tab back down. Close your car door.

1-D. The DIC will ask you to lower your door glass.

1-E KEEP YOUR FINGER ON THE BUTTON FOR 4 TO 5 SECONDS ONCE THE GLASS IS DOWN. ROTATE YOUR FINGER TO THE UP POSITION AND HOLD FOR 4 SECONDS ONCE WINDOW IS AT THE TOP.

OTHER FUNCTIONS MAY APPEAR IN YOUR DIC BEFORE YOU ARE ASKED TO PROGRAM THE WINDOWS. This is normal

Window is now reprogrammed, Repeat to the other door glass.

However, sometimes the door glass regulator does not always relearn on the first attempt. If when you open the door and the door glass does not drop down to the open door position, your window regulator did not relearn or re-normalize...in which case, you are going to need to drop the glass back down, unplug the harness and try again. Yes, it can be picky sometimes and not want to work on the first time.

If Step 1 did not work, you may attempt this method. Also, if you made glass positioning adjustments, this might also be a fix.

METHOD 2:

2-A. Access the under hood fuse box and remove fuse # 26. Wait one minute and reinstall fuse. Close your hood.

2-B. Get inside car. Close both doors. Start the engine and follow the instructions on the DIC (DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER).

2-C. The DIC should instruct you to run the window down and up on both sides.

2-D. Verify that both windows have express up functions and no DIC message exists. If the DIC does not instruct you to operate the window to re-normalize, do the following.

2-E. With a 2nd person helping, pull the fuse while the window is in the downward motion.

2-F. The window will stop. Release the window switch.

2-G. Reinstall the fuse and go back to step 2-B.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

white
    2011 Camaro

That fixed it, drivers side window is now going up and down like it is supposed to.

Thanks for the help guys!

Dale

BLACK
    1998 WS6, ASC BUILD #206

This is interesting.
    All this time and I didn't know windows had to be programed or re-programed.
    I had someone replace both door motors about 7 years ago. He knew how, I didn't. Since that day my windows work backwards.
    Hit the button for up to make the glass go down. Hit down to make glass go up. Same issue on both windows.
    Will this reprogram solve that issue?
    Thanks.
    This T/A WS6 is Factory modified by ASC at the Lachine facility on March 13, 1998 and is identified to be
    ASC build #206.
    We took delivery from Pontiac dealer April 7th, 1998.
    ASC Factory letter provided from them.

Love of money is the root of all evil.
    Send $19.95 for more information.

BLACK
    1998 WS6, ASC BUILD #206

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8WS6 View Post
    This is interesting.
    All this time and I didn't know windows had to be programed or re-programed.
    I had someone replace both door motors about 7 years ago. He knew how, I didn't. Since that day my windows work backwards.
    Hit the button for up to make the glass go down. Hit down to make glass go up. Same issue on both windows.
    Will this reprogram solve that issue?
    Thanks.
    I guess no one had a suggestion on this... ?

Thread Information