Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 SS Stereo

Black
    2002 WS6 T/A

2013 SS Stereo

Do the 2013 SS Camaro with all the fancy gadgets not have a CD player in there somewhere?? Wife was wanting to go look at one but I don't see it listed so far. I guess her CDs just got obsolete!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Well they switched over to the new Mylink touch screen radio, that is for smart phone and USB connectivity. As far as CD players go, I'm actually not sure. When I get into work tomorrow, I will find out and let you know.

Black
    2002 WS6 T/A

Thanks, wife brought home a brochure yesterday, & if I am reading the small print right, CD players were only offered on the export models, (at least for SS) from what I can tell. Seems like they are pushing the XM pay radio type of thing & the bluetooth tech. I am getting old!

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Well they switched over to the new Mylink touch screen radio, that is for smart phone and USB connectivity. As far as CD players go, I'm actually not sure. When I get into work tomorrow, I will find out and let you know.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRunner10 View Post
    Thanks, wife brought home a brochure yesterday, & if I am reading the small print right, CD players were only offered on the export models, (at least for SS) from what I can tell. Seems like they are pushing the XM pay radio type of thing & the bluetooth tech. I am getting old!
    Hell, I remember my first two cars with AM radio and 8-track stereo's tape players. You may be getting old but I am old. lol
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Unless you get an LS (base model) Camaro, CD players are no longer available. They are going strictly with USB, and Satelite, and Pandora radio streaming.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

cd's are pretty obsolete.....I haven't listened to a CD in years. I still have bags and bags full of cassette tapes too.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    cd's are pretty obsolete.....I haven't listened to a CD in years. I still have bags and bags full of cassette tapes too.
    You want to buy some 8-track's

Black
    2002 WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Hell, I remember my first two cars with AM radio and 8-track stereo's tape players. You may be getting old but I am old. lol
    Me too! 1976 Chevy Vega AM only & I added an under dash 8-track, then a 1975 Ford Gran Torino Am only & I swapped to an Audiovox AM/FM 8-track & Jenson speakers.

All the 8-tracks gone long time ago but still have a box of cassettes & now my wifes CDs. At least I can put the CDs over to a mp3 or USB chip for her to listen to if she gets tired of the xm radio.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Me too! 1976 Chevy Vega AM only & I added an under dash 8-track, then a 1975 Ford Gran Torino Am only & I swapped to an Audiovox AM/FM 8-track & Jenson speakers.

All the 8-tracks gone long time ago but still have a box of cassettes & now my wifes CDs. At least I can put the CDs over to a mp3 or USB chip for her to listen to if she gets tired of the xm radio.
    First car was a 1970 Dodge Charge 500 with a 383 4bbl and a floor shift automatic. It had an AM 8-Track unit that crapped out after a year of so. I went with the Craig PowerPlay unit and Jensen 6x9's in the back and 5 1/4's in the front. I kept my 8-tracks in a Puma shoe box. Now we are into MP3 and USB, where do we go next ???
    Last edited by konigandy6; 08-30-2012 at 04:47 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Black
    2002 WS6 T/A

We can only guess! The way things are going (hopefully for the better in the long run), our grandkids (I have 5) will see stuff we never imagined!
    2002 WS6 T/A; 2013 Camaro SS

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I rocked out some Jenson 6x9 triaxial's in a 75 cutlass. Had a 100 watt powerbooster with EQ and a pioneer cassette player. I was shittin' in high cotton back in those days. My truck now makes that set up sound like the old single in the front dash.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

You want to buy some 8-track's

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

I rocked out some Jenson 6x9 triaxial's in a 75 cutlass. Had a 100 watt powerbooster with EQ and a pioneer cassette player. I was shittin' in high cotton back in those days. My truck now makes that set up sound like the old single in the front dash.
    Marantz head unit...Clarion eq3 equalizer...M&M 6x9 polypropylene woofers....JVC super ribbon tweeters......how times have changed.
    Last edited by SuperSSguy; 08-30-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

We can only guess! The way things are going (hopefully for the better in the long run), our grandkids (I have 5) will see stuff we never imagined!
    They will probably clone little tiny men to sing and dance in our head units........

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Jensen / Pioneer.....was very popular!!...Until my buddy with his Alpine came around lol....

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    Marantz head unit...Clarion eq3 equalizer...M&M 6x9 polypropylene woofers....JVC super ribbon tweeters......how times have changed.
    You must have been the rich kid down the street.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

You must have been the rich kid down the street.
    No...i wish...just worked and saved...i pumped alot of gas,washed a lot of windshields,checked alot of tires& oil......just another working teen spending his money on BS...lol

BMW
    StevenBorKY

@SuperSSguy do you have xp with Pioneer stereos? Would you recommend them?

Sorry for being off topic. Maybe you can help me. I'm on a quest for a new stereo. I've been reading reviews about Pioneer stereos but they are useless hype. It's beyond me why people are doing it.

This head unit landed on my short list mvh-1400nex. From all the blogs that I've read one stood out. The blogger was hyper critical about Pioneer and put me on the fence. The Pioneer blog post was OK until I've reached the shortcomings section.

Is the Bluetooth connection buggy? How easy is to find those digital buttons in the night?

Any pointers?

black
    rav4

Everything is well explained, in a fairly common language. Also happens when I need to write something for college, I use http://essaypapers.reviews/ for this. The best way for me to solve the problem is without applying force. So thank you.
    thanks
    Last edited by jasminvirgelzaa72; 09-02-2022 at 01:37 AM.

red

Hello !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information