black
    2002 pontiac trans am ws6

what upgrades are needed

what upgrades will i have to make to my 2002 trans am ws6 six speed if i was to put a sts turbo kit in it? and roughly hou much would it cost me?

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Injectors-400
    fuel pump-100
    clutch- 450 to 600
    GREAT TUNE- 500 to 600

as far as i know, the sts kit comes with everything else. but i dont know how long that rear end will last for you.

black

yea that was one of my concerns. i know that the tranny and rear end are rated to 420hp. i am not sure if that is enging hp or to the wheels. i think to the wheels would make more sence. i hope so because i am already pushing 425 to the engine.

Stock T56 should be good to 500hp the rear is another story it is definitely not rated to 400+ RWHP. It's just a matter of time for most modded cars to break them. You need SFCs if you don't have them already.

The STS kit is junk do your research before you purchase. The base kit is tempting due to price but after you read about them it doesn't seem like a good deal anymore. If you want FI go with a procharger or if it has to be turbo do a custom single kit.

black

a procharger kit is 7000+ dollars or i would supercharge it. that was actually my first choise. but i heard that sts was a good quality turbo system. i will have to do some more research. thanks

You just can't do an FI system cheap. To be honest if you are on a budget you would get more from a head/cam kit for less money.

The Slow and the Broke ImportIntimidator's Avatar

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    You just can't do an FI system cheap. To be honest if you are on a budget you would get more from a head/cam kit for less money.
    +1. forced induction is not for the faint of heart. I would recommend looking at the sticky at the top of the forum:
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6402

I would recommend a H/C package or a small nitrous system (although nitrous systems can require some upgrades as well, i.e. fuel system). These two options will give you a significant boost in power at a fraction of the cost of building a FI system. Also, I've never run an STS turbo system, but I would recommend doing a search on them. Not alot of kind words being said by those that have run them

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

If your gonna go forced induction plan to spend thousands. I would'nt really recommend even messing with it if you're on a tight budget.. You could go broke before you even get started.. I have thousands invested in my TT project and my engine still sits. My problem is more of time, than budget limits. As others have stated you could add power in other far cheaper ways than trying to piece together a forced induction setup. IMHO forced induction is not for the budget minded.. I don't mean to get off on the wrong foot. Most of my costs are due to the unique nature of my build. You could possibly find some used equiptment to get you there, tho I personally don't recommend that route. Research bro, build up some cash flow and then see where it can take you. Don't get discouraged, you have an excellent platform to start with. Power can be had in so many different ways with the lsx engine even on a budget..
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-04-2009 at 01:12 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

black

i do not have a budget. i just dont want to spend a fortune if i dont have to.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    ..., build up some cash flow and then see where it can take you. ...
    Excellent advice. One of the best pieces of advice there is.

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by kamahlwolf View Post
    i do not have a budget. i just dont want to spend a fortune if i dont have to.
    It can be done cheaper,but you will need alot of upgrades,you will also need to do the mods yourself,motor mods fuel system mods,and its addicting,all part of the game of our hobbie.

Thread Information