Vortech Cooler Question

Today after driving my car I noticed that the cololer was much warmer than it had ever been. The cooler was about the same temp as the pipe coming out of the charger. I looked in the coolant tank an the thing looks empty. How can you tell how much coolant is actually in the system? When I shut the car off I can hear coolant garggaling in the pipes. I know I have not done a great job explaining this but if anyone can provide any insight I would be most greatful.

The aftercooler/pump should be full. WHen you unscrew the cap to fill the system, it should constantly flow like a hose. Fill it back up while letting the pump run. It shouldnt gargle at all - that means it's low.

When you say fill it up while the pump runs you mean while the car is running? Should I be able to see coolant in the tank at all times running or not? Thanks for the help.

Black
    2000 WS6

If I am reading you correctly...you should always have the 50/50 mix in the resevoir. Any excess will just return to the radiator off the T.

Are you able to hear your pump? you might also want to check and ensure the fuse is not blown.

I think I got it fixed the tank below the front fender was low on coolant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vols Fan
    When you say fill it up while the pump runs you mean while the car is running? Should I be able to see coolant in the tank at all times running or not? Thanks for the help.
    my pump runs with key on engine off, and when started. The pump is installed right behind the battery, so when its running and i take the cap off, i can see coolant in there flowing. It should always be full to about 1 inch from the top whether its on or off. If you have air in the lines, you may get an incorrect reading, so always fill it while the pump is circulating and you'll also purge any air in the lines while doing so. I blocked off my T because too much was flowing into the overflow line to the radiator and i'd have to keep filling it up. Now, its a closed system and i never have to fill it whatsoever.

How do you block off the T?

Quote Originally Posted by Vols Fan
    How do you block off the T?
    Well..i did it...uhh...in the jerry-rig style. I just peeled off roughly a 2" square piece of plastic bag from a grocery store and wrapped it around the nipple on the T-fitting, then slid the overflow hose back over it. Its just something simple to prevent coolant from flowing out of the Vortech pump system into the radiator. Its been that way for 20,000 miles so far and no problems.

Thread Information