Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

twin turbo questions

Well i was wondering how to go twin turbo. If i can get two turbos what else would i need to get this thing going. How much do u think it would cost. I have a 98 z28.
    Last edited by brad22486; 06-26-2006 at 06:30 PM. Reason: forgot a question

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

come on anybody, help me out

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Lots of $$$ You'd need a turbo motor build to start if you want to even get the benifit of twin turbos.

white
    00 WS6 Trans Am

It will cost lots of money, but you don't necessarily need a turbo motor to benefit from twin turbos. You just wouldn't be able to maximize the benefits. Still others are making upwards of 500 hp from twin turbos on stock shortblocks. I would have to recommend finding an incon kit for sale as building your own is quite challenging and most likely you wouldn't be able to keep your AC.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

you would need a new set of pistons, new crank, heads, and cam to START let alone full CUSTOM exhaust , i havent a clue about turbo manifolds, then you will need a new clutch, and most deff a new rear end, not to mension the cost of all the turbo parts, fuel management, and suspension in order not to break anything or bend you rear quarterpanels. once you build a project like that the $$$$$$ needs never stop, you are better off with a slower more reliable car than spend all the time and money on a twin turbo build. just my opinion anyways, sorry for the rant......
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

red
    1999 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    you would need a new set of pistons, new crank, heads, and cam to START let alone full CUSTOM exhaust , i havent a clue about turbo manifolds, then you will need a new clutch, and most deff a new rear end, not to mension the cost of all the turbo parts, fuel management, and suspension in order not to break anything or bend you rear quarterpanels. once you build a project like that the $$$$$$ needs never stop, you are better off with a slower more reliable car than spend all the time and money on a twin turbo build. just my opinion anyways, sorry for the rant......
    Zoso pritty much told you the answer in a nut shell. Exactly my thoughts.
    Single turbo can satisfy your needs for speed. Get one turbo forged internals and then just run more boost.
    Red 99 Trans am A4. STS Turbo, K&N, Thomas Racing chip, Tail waste gate, Slp mass airflow sensor,and TB bypass. Soon to be running 12.4

Silver
    2002 Z28

for the price you could get a nice heads/cam setup that will put you well over 400rwhp

white
    00 WS6 Trans Am

guys, I never used a new crank in my twin turbo build. New pistons... well, it determines on how much you want to spend, but the factory pistons will get you to just over 500 hp reliably. As for cams, most people find themselves switching back to the ZO6 cam rather than bigger cams. You don't have to spend tons of money on a cam, but you will need to spend some money on a bigger fuel system. still don't have to go crazy though, a single racetronix in-tank and a boost apump as well as some 42 lb injectors will get you comfortably in the 500 hp range. Like I said before finding an incon kit would be money for you, as I love mine, video of startup is in my profile on here ... still trying to finish my tuning. It takes time and patience to make the car right, but it's worth it in the end.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

thanks for the help people. And i already have a reliable car, its a 75 vette one of the low porformance ones so its not bad on gas.

black
    2004 GTO

airpowersystems.com
    twin turbo kit at this site.
    Looking to go twin turbo on my 04 gto

Yellow
    2005 GTO

O.F.I or Gen TT kits for $5,000

Thread Information