Thread: Turbocharger

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Turbocharger

I am looking to get a Turbochargr for my 02 TA and was wondering what your preference on brand is and does anybody have any good sites to buy one from for a good price???

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I would actually try to find someone that is good at doing fab work. Stay away from the STS kit! Too many problems! I wont, refuse, and will run like you know what from those kits. Know anyone with a tig welder? If so, and they are good I'd say fab one up yourself. I'll have pics posted of mine pretty soon. And the thing with mine is I got to keep my A/C.

PEWTER
    99 TRANS AM

what size turbo are you running? 720RWHP is the perfect #. I'm just about to start my own turbo system, but have a few simple questions.
    Who made your headers?
    What do you do about that pcv valve(dont it need a check ball or somthing)? Whould running truck manifold be a good idea?
    i dont like the fact that they can rust from the inside a send little chucks of rust to the turbo.
    Dose anyone make a coating that will say on. i know jet hot says it will but i seen that Shi* come off faster then paint with any kind of weathered driving. i've been looking a Garret gt4292rl ,garret gt4088, and turbonetic t-seris t4 76mm(dont know the part #), do you think i can make 700+rwhp with one of these turbos?
    Anything i missed any insider info would be great.
    Thanks alot Dave

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99transamC/FIA View Post
    what size turbo are you running? 720RWHP is the perfect #. I'm just about to start my own turbo system, but have a few simple questions.
    Who made your headers?
    What do you do about that pcv valve(dont it need a check ball or somthing)? Whould running truck manifold be a good idea?
    i dont like the fact that they can rust from the inside a send little chucks of rust to the turbo.
    Dose anyone make a coating that will say on. i know jet hot says it will but i seen that Shi* come off faster then paint with any kind of weathered driving. i've been looking a Garret gt4292rl ,garret gt4088, and turbonetic t-seris t4 76mm(dont know the part #), do you think i can make 700+rwhp with one of these turbos?
    Anything i missed any insider info would be great.
    Thanks alot Dave
    I have a 76mm turbo. We used the stock manifolds. We have a canister with a one way check valve to prevent the blowbye. It seems to do the trick. I've never tried the truck manifolds. I saw the ones APS had made for them and really liked them. Unfortunately they wont sell just the manifolds. As far as coatings go I've only had jet hot coatings. Haven't had any issues yet. If you're looking for 700rwhp try a GT427094R. It's rated at 900 flywheel hp. I think I hit all your questions...if not let me know...

Thread Information