Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

Question turbo or supercharge?

Okay so I am in one of those situtations where I get different feedback on this. On my 01 z28 I wanna know which one I am better off doin and why?

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

First off how many miles are on it?....If alot, I would probably replace the springs, push-rods, and a few other things b4 I did either......however, If you have the $$ and believe me it takes $$ to be reliable and fast then, it depends on how much power you want? and what-ever you decide, before you do RESEARCH,RESEARCH, and do some more RESEARCH....also, read up on it in the forced induction section
    Brad
    '04 gto M6 slp ceramic coated headers,B&m sport shifter,harrop cover,3.5"aluminum BMR driveshaft, BMR axle stubs, BMR Half shafts, BMR SFC's, loudmouth2 exaust,90mm FAST T/B,Magancharger(high helix upgrade)......other misc. suspension,Cross drilled, slotted rotors. Meth Kit, spraying @ 3psi and up

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

Quote Originally Posted by kitty1987 View Post
    Okay so I am in one of those situtations where I get different feedback on this. On my 01 z28 I wanna know which one I am better off doin and why?
    question is, what are your goals, REALISTICALLY SPEAKING of course, 450 is easily attainable through a H/C package, and 400 is easily attainable through just a simple cam swap and a retune, just let us know what your goals are, and dont be afraid to elaborate, it makes it easier for us to tell ya LOL

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28

Exclamation

well its got bout 75 thousand miles & I have babied it the 2 yrs i've owned it(whoever had it b4 me did not do the same). Tuned it up bout a yr ago -everyone said that it didnt need it, but it did cause it was misfiring but everyone else was tellin me it was other reasons but it was still havin the same problem & I was right, it just needed a tune . Its been oil changed every like 2. I dont speed around w/ a lead foot, but just knowin I can is awesome lol. What I want realisticly is somethin that I can still drive w/ out ruinin my tires everytime I turn the car on! lol I want somethin thats not gonna be super harsh on the motor when I just wanna take a drive. But I also want to know that I can kick some rocks when all the racers wanna play (I know, I know, its already a lil devil, but what can I say, I want more cuz this is the car I have always wanted, and I want to do what I can to make it even better, to show I appriciate this car! lol).
    I dunno what else to say except its an automatic, hence why I need a shift kit. Other than that I just need advice, and I know I need lots of research, since I am kinda rusty on my car facts. I haven't been able to set the car aside to do the work till now since I can now afford a second car. Price wise, I don't want Insane expensive lol I know the ~minimum~ is gonna be bout 6 grand? So i've prepared for that, but i'd just like some opinions and specs to get me started. Bein a girl and all its hard for me to just know what to do lol

rapter34
    Well let me put it this way with Turob/SC like you said its going to be minimun and I stress minimum 6K. but a H/C + N20 will cost you about 3K for parts and you will be able to get atleast 575RWHP. (with the spray) both of these prices are without install.
    Last edited by rapter34; 07-15-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Welcome to the site.

I would say Turbo. The para static draw for power loss is less and I think the power gain is better. The key is getting a quality kit that includes ALL parts needed and fitment and good. I'll try to find you some links tomorrow when I have more time where we have discussed this in vast detail.

Can I ask why not just a quality nitrous kit?
    You'll gain WAY more power for less and have a faster car.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

since its an auto, i would build that tranny first, thats gonna be the first thing to go boom LOL, and if you want a damn good track car, dont worry so much on the motor, build up that tranny, and do some suspension, whats gonna be good with all that power if you cant put it to the ground effectively ?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by boofthese View Post
    since its an auto, i would build that tranny first, thats gonna be the first thing to go boom LOL, and if you want a damn good track car, dont worry so much on the motor, build up that tranny, and do some suspension, whats gonna be good with all that power if you cant put it to the ground effectively ?
    +110% transmission converter,then make the power cant get it to the ground ,does not matter how much you make.
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Front mount turbo.
    Single.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

moving to the FI forum.

black
    2000 trans am

http://www.ststurbo.com/camaro_ls1 sts rear mount turbo...i'll be getting one some dy for my ws6

All colors
    1993-2002

Turbo all the way.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

front mount turbo, stay away from STS

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

I have seen a lot of people had problems with the sts i think most of that was people installing them wrong,mine is custom made not sts ,had to work though diffrent problems doing my own setup,but trust me its worth it. nothin wrong with rear mounts,keeps under hood temps down,looks neat as hell under the hood,not to mention 10 second stock bottom end .

Black
    2004 GTO

Question

Quote Originally Posted by qwkgto View Post
    I have seen a lot of people had problems with the sts i think most of that was people installing them wrong,mine is custom made not sts ,had to work though diffrent problems doing my own setup,but trust me its worth it. nothin wrong with rear mounts,keeps under hood temps down,looks neat as hell under the hood,not to mention 10 second stock bottom end .
    what kind of turbos are you running? And where you have them set up?

Thread Information