black
    2002 camaro

turbo kit ????? of course

i was looking at this turbo kit and was woundering if anyone has used it or has any comments on it http://www.ls1turbo.com.au/us/fbody_genttr.html

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by lilthrasher View Post
    i was looking at this turbo kit and was woundering if anyone has used it or has any comments on it http://www.ls1turbo.com.au/us/fbody_genttr.html

Nope have not heard of them but those optional fuel pumps are gonna need to be mandatory if you want any power. I would first find a reputable speed shop and then go from there.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

yes I have that set up o my 2006 GTO. So what performance r u looking 4. ie: strip or street. Is this 4 a GTO ???? looking 4 600hp? forged internals? heads, cam, fuel rails, and most important of all Tuning. you don't really need a cam w/ this type of setup stock will do if this is 4 a GTO

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I see the price is only $4300, not bad for a twin turbo kit with those numbers. Of course you'll still need a fuel pump, injectors, K-member, tune, ect. Still cheaper than the APS kit by a lot though.

white
    2003 gmc sierra

i dont know about the truck application. the charge pipes are mounted under the frame making them the lowest point on the vehicle. looks pretty sketchy to me. as long as you dont have a truck you should be ok lol.

black
    2002 camaro

its for a 2002 camaro so that all of u know and thanks for the input guys i guess its time to save save save then

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I see the price is only $4300, not bad for a twin turbo kit with those numbers. Of course you'll still need a fuel pump, injectors, K-member, tune, ect. Still cheaper than the APS kit by a lot though.
    and aps has had a lot of problems with there turbos

Maple Red Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

ive never heard of the "gent" turbo brand before

Black
    98 Z28

Uhm..well..i run a pair of 35mm on my built LS6 pushing 12psi..i dont have the claimed
    650 rwhp..and those pipes are really low in the front..By just reading the article my gut feeling is to stay away from that deal..and yes you will need the extra fuel pump..

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by trbozee View Post
    Uhm..well..i run a pair of 35mm on my built LS6 pushing 12psi..i dont have the claimed
    650 rwhp..and those pipes are really low in the front..By just reading the article my gut feeling is to stay away from that deal..and yes you will need the extra fuel pump..
    If that's the case, there is something wrong with your setup. I have a bone-stock LS6 vette with headers, meth, and supercharger that makes 620s on 9psi. Another 3 psi and it would be in the high 600s. Really ANY turbo setup that is within reason will make more than that with less boost.

This is assuming that you understand trans types/dynos, etc. Automatics will always dyno low though by comparison to that 6-speed vette I was talking about.

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    If that's the case, there is something wrong with your setup. I have a bone-stock LS6 vette with headers, meth, and supercharger that makes 620s on 9psi. Another 3 psi and it would be in the high 600s. Really ANY turbo setup that is within reason will make more than that with less boost.

This is assuming that you understand trans types/dynos, etc. Automatics will always dyno low though by comparison to that 6-speed vette I was talking about.
    The car was tuned for 93 octane...when we increased the boost.we got predetination...When the car was pushing 6 psi we got 450rwhp..at 12 psi its sitting at a comfortable 550rwhp..maybe i need "meth" also?

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I had a cam-only M6 car once that made 386ish rwhp. He added a P1sc at 5psi. At 5psi, I could only make 445rwhp with it on the edge of knock. We turned on the methanol and retuned and it made 493rwhp and was no where near knocking.

With those numbers, you must have some IAT rise. The methanol helps cooling tremendously under boost. Pure methanol has fuel and octane value as well.

If you buy a kit, stay away from cheap kits. This is not the place to save a dollar. Look at the kits made by Alkycontrol. I have worked with many, theirs is top shelf. They come with a GM MAP sensor so they are progressive with boost. It lasts a long time per fill up. I can't think of a good reason NOT to use it.

Thread Information