Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool STS on Stock Silverado 5.3l

As the title says. A friend just started selling the STS Turbos and so he bought one himself to have to show potential customers. I helped him install it on his stock 05 Silverado Ext. cab. He is running 5-6 PSI and just had it dyno tuned to 423RWHP (conservative daily driver). I should have bought an STS for my car ...Holy crap.

We are installing one on a Cadillac Escalade this weekend .

I am interested to see how that turns out.

As a side note his friend with a stock LS1 TA + STS pushed 505RWHP.

Quote Originally Posted by jdearles
    As the title says. A friend just started selling the STS Turbos and so he bought one himself to have to show potential customers. I helped him install it on his stock 05 Silverado Ext. cab. He is running 5-6 PSI and just had it dyno tuned to 423RWHP (conservative daily driver). I should have bought an STS for my car ...Holy crap.

We are installing one on a Cadillac Escalade this weekend .

I am interested to see how that turns out.

As a side note his friend with a stock LS1 TA + STS pushed 505RWHP.
    does his friends car have stock intake and exhaust......also how much boost? what type of dyno are you using?

I have no idea. He went to Sarasota FL to get the tuning done and he met his buddy because he lives down there. I will ask him when he gets back. I am pretty sure he is not running over 7PSI without a cooler but he may have meth inj. and running 8 or more, I know Mark has mentioned those as potential mods on Corey's car.

I will post graphs and such when he gets back in town. I was just excited about it because he expected nowhere near those numbers on his truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire
    does his friends car have stock intake and exhaust......also how much boost? what type of dyno are you using?
    Alright, well we got some #'s for the WS6 and the Truck! The truck was first to come on the dyno and the first thing to come off where the injectors... We where 14-1 a/f lol ouch. We changed out the injectors with some 44# got the a/f to about 11-0. The truck was a frigging beast on the dyno... We stopped at 423rwhp and 444lbs of torque. This is at 6psi.
    We put the WS6 on and started at 380rwhp and then finished it up at 432rwhp 446lbs of torque. Already this has been a long 9 hour day but since the TA had two more options on it such as a boost controller and a methanol kit already installed and ready to go we decided to do two more pulls... So for shits a giggles we flipped the switches, brought the boost up to 8 psi. The guy at Diablo gets on it brings it up to about 4500 rpm and shuts it down... They let off because the red light came on for some reason on the methanol system! They got a little scared! On the graph we saw 480rwhp with 500+ torque. They did one more pull, the methanol kit worked great this run. The car was screaming and we got a final pull of 508rwhp and 548lbs of torque. After all was said and done I feel we had a great day! It was hot and humid the whole day. So later on we just might get some better #'s. Other then that I just wanted to share this with you all. STS is pushing some good #'s and fast spool up. If anyone is interested in one or knows someone have them give me a call or PM me.
    By the way the Staff at Diablo was amazing! I would recommend them and there product to anyone!
    Last edited by jdearles; 09-15-2005 at 01:01 PM.

2002 Trans Am CE

I'm liking STS more and more each day! So the WS6 was completely stock? And about the setup you used on it, how much would it cost me minus installation? Thanks

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I'm liking the STS more myself. In addition to my SS, I'd like to put one on the new H3 my wife wants and will soon get.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_S
    I'm liking STS more and more each day! So the WS6 was completely stock? And about the setup you used on it, how much would it cost me minus installation? Thanks

You want the same setup that is on the WS6?

Quote Originally Posted by GatorSS
    I'm liking the STS more myself. In addition to my SS, I'd like to put one on the new H3 my wife wants and will soon get.
    I'll PM you Mark's number if you like. He can give you a price quote if your so inclined.

2002 Trans Am CE

Quote Originally Posted by jdearles
    You want the same setup that is on the WS6?
    Yes, I'm getting a WS6 after I get back but I want to get figures ahead of time. Was that with the base kit?

Blackbird
    can we see the dyno sheet?

would like to see what the curves look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird
    can we see the dyno sheet?

would like to see what the curves look like.

When Mark gets home I will get him to post the graph or I will do it for him.

Blackbird
    graphs?

gophaster
    That is some serious power. I was planning to go S/C but this STS stuff has me thinking.

What brand and size turbos do the STS kits use?

Thanks

no dyno graphs yet?

A boost graph would be cool also...

I have not seen Mark, sorry guys. We are working opposite schedules. He and I are going to Al. on Monday to dyno my car though and get some tuning done on mine. I will get a copy of his graphs then...

Beast
    I would love to see at what RPM the boost kicked in. Those are great numbers... waaaay better than I would have thought! As long as it's not kicking in until 4000 rpm or something ridiculous like that, it sounds like a great setup.

he has full boost by 3000 RPM, he told me today...yesterday now I guess. He said he would email me the graphs.

BTW my car dyno after tune was 380 SAE and 375. Or 389.9 STP and 384.3 or somthing like that. I am going to start another thread in the camaro section.

hate those double posts

Black
    2000 SS

What happens in the rain? I noticed that the Air filter sits right behind the driver side tire. I don't like the turbo myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information