black
    2000 camaro

STS blown head gasket?? What head gasket

I have a 2000 camaro with a T67 with 9 pounds of boost. I have methanol injection 42lb injectors and updated valve springs. About 2 months ago I was running the boost and the car just like shut down and could barely run. It sounded like a miss fire and was smoking really bad. Allot of the vacuum lines were blown off the turbo and 1 on the engine. Well I was out to sea allot and today I went to look at it and it started up and ran but made noises and I noticed the oil is really milky so I know the head gasket is blown. What head gasket and bolts should I get? I have stock heads. And do you think something else might be wrong and what should I look for? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Well, first, I run Cometic head gaskets. As far as the bolts, ARP. Now, if the oil is milky you may have a cylinder cracked.....you'll know when you pull the heads.....unfortunatly, I'm afraid you're going to have to pull the motor and check everything out. Check the cylinder walls and see if you have any cracks towards the top, where the water jackets are. I blew my original motor just like you were saying. Also, once you get everything taken care of I'd check the tune out just to make sure it's ok.....something caused it to blow and you need to figure that one out so you dont repeat it.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

yep that sounds pretty bad, and like cailey37 said you will have to tear it down, and if you can not find a crack on the block or heads take it to the machine shop boil it and have them inspect it. There is nothing worse than putting back together just to tear down again. You could have a shop bore scope it but that would just cost more money especially when you know there is oil in the water or water in the oil. be brave

yellow jacket
    04 gto

sound like a good time to upgrade.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

yes upgrade is like seeing light at the end of tunnel, dreaming just how bad how hard your car is going to be. Yea I know, money and waiting for it to become reality......but it will come.

Thread Information