Black
    2002 Trans Am

Procharger Fuel System Woes

I've got a 2002 T/A with a LS7 engine (all forged internals). I'm running a Procharger D-1SC with 8 lbs. of boost. Here's my fuel system problem.....after about 15 minutes of driving the car the fuel pressure drops from 45 psi to low 20's and car simply won't run. I have a Bosch 255 lph in tank fuel pump installed along with a Aeromotive post filter, a Barry Grant fuel cooler, a Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, and 60 lb. injectors. Currently I'm making approximately 800 hp & torque at flywheel. Can anyone offer any ideas as to why I'm losing fuel pressure?

White
    1998 Trans Am

My walbro 255 did that & I found that the short fuel line, in the tank, at the fuel pump burst open... Either way, looks like you're going in the tank. Hope there's a hole under the carpet !!!

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I've pulled the full tank already. Pontiac didn't make that easy as you have to pull rearend and muffler. I didn't notice the line split, but I'll go back and inspect it more thoroughly now. I was hoping for "tons of debris" to make the solution easy, but that doesn't appear to be the problem. I've spoke with both ProCharger & Aeromotive regarding problem. Aeromotive thought a "vapor lock" or "fuel getting to hot", but it's only a guess at this point. Aeromotive felt with 800 hp at flywheel I should be running a Aeromotive A1000 in-tank fuel pump, a pre-filter, a fuel pump controller, and a sump. Of course to do that I would have to have a "custom tank made". I can't fab existing tank as OEM tank on 4th Gen's are polyurethene. What a pain. It's a "loot" to drive for the first 10 minutes. It will slap put you in the back seat.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

If you're running that much hp, I suggest a twin fuel pump setup. Check this link. I'm running about 540 rwhp and use this system. No fuel pressure issues for me. When I first installed my Procharger, I used a single Racetronix kit which worked great as well. But I think your system needs twins.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I will be installing the A1000 inline pump & regulator soon also. I've already cut a hole above the tank, because I swore that I'd never drop it again. I was told to sump my tank also, but I never go under a 1/4 tank at the track...

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Dude there is no way you are getting enough fuel to that combo with a single pump and KB bap. You need a dual intank system with aftermarket rails and an adjustable fuel regulator on the rails with around 60 psi of base fuel pressure. I would imagine you are running lean with that set-up after about 5500rpms or so.

You need dual intank pumps now. Try Lonnies dual system.
    Last edited by Packy; 05-24-2010 at 08:30 PM.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

or do the pumps yourself DIY.

2 Walbro's and a Hobbs switch to turn the second pump on under boost will do well.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    If you're running that much hp, I suggest a twin fuel pump setup. Check this link. I'm running about 540 rwhp and use this system. No fuel pressure issues for me. When I first installed my Procharger, I used a single Racetronix kit which worked great as well. But I think your system needs twins.
    +1

I run the same setup.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Thanks guys for all the feedback. A little late in responding, but been extremely busy. I'll contact Lonnie's Performance as they seem to have figured out based on your comments and reading the link sent to me. Wish me luck.

Thread Information