Need your opinions please...

Hey guys I'm thinking about purchasing this car from a guy in NY who says the motor was built by MTI back in 2007-08. The car has 13k miles, and the engine is as follows:

Motor is MTI Forged 347 with 9.5 Compression tuned for 93 Octane Wiseco Pistons and Manley Rods LS1 Stage II E Heads 6.0L G1 Camshaft with 115 LSA Pushrods 7.400 80 Millimeter Billet Throttle Body Vortech Supercharger with Powercooler Racetronix Intank Fuel Pump GM 7.5 inch Rear End with 3.42 Gears QTP Longtube Headers and Y Pipe Borla Catback Exhaust, The Transmission was built to handle 650RWHP by Century Transmission. Eibach Springs Baer Eradispeed Cross Drilled Rotors C5 Corvette PowderCoated Calipers Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

I am looking for your input on this setup; pros vs. cons, Reliability issues, or anything you want to comment on. It's in a '02 SS...Red w/ Fiske wheels

a red 1 and a silver 1
    1993,2000 z28

should be a fun car

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Which MTI? The one in Houston Texas or the one is Atlanta Georgia. I would be a little worried with the one in Houston as that was about the time (2008) they started having all their quality issues.

Yea the one in Houston...that sucks I thought they were the sh!t with LS engines. This guy has only put 300 miles on the motor since the work was done. Everything about the car looks kosher, but it's in NY and I'm in TX so I cant drive it. I'm starting to rethink the buy.

Magnetic Red II
    2004 Vette

Quote Originally Posted by Lswoo View Post
    Yea the one in Houston...that sucks I thought they were the sh!t with LS engines. This guy has only put 300 miles on the motor since the work was done. Everything about the car looks kosher, but it's in NY and I'm in TX so I cant drive it. I'm starting to rethink the buy.

Dude.........MTI Houston is out of business! I would stear clear!

phantom black
    2006 GTO

Cool call me crazy

New York? does he want the payment in cash, money order just to hold it for you?? maybe a credit card number? does he have real papers about the build and an address to MTI? MAYBE you should call MTI and give them that engine serial number to cross reference the list. if it to real to believe...... how much??? don't get on the plane unless you have confirmed all info farm boy

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Where in NY?

No pocket rocket, it's not a ghana scam...jeez. That's the whole point about this thread, city slicker, to find out what's the deal with MTI in H-town, and whether the motor in this car is right or not. I've seen pictures of the car and videos of it running and driving, but still am not sure about MTI's work since they are out of business. I would call MTI, but I cant. Bigron, it is in Niagra Falls.

phantom black
    2006 GTO

MTI

hey that is great news. i would hate hear about anyone getting screwed, (well i mean in a bad way). good luck with the buy and i personally don't know about MTI only that the Houston school was closed. maybe you can reseach the Houston New paper archives to see if you can find out why it was closed. no forget that they are not going to say the real truth (you lie). Let's know the out come. Always Remember Drive Fast or Get Out of the Way !!! !

Thread Information