1985 z28

Need some opinions on heads and intake

I am building an ls1-ls6 out of an 02 camaro. I am building a twin turbo using gt4088r garret's. I have been told I can use the stock inake and 241 heads and possibly polish them to use lower boost for the same hp. How true is this or should I look at other heads and intake. I have looked at a lot of products online from afr, wilson, all pro etc .

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by wilburz28 View Post
    I am building an ls1-ls6 out of an 02 camaro. I am building a twin turbo using gt4088r garret's. I have been told I can use the stock inake and 241 heads and possibly polish them to use lower boost for the same hp. How true is this or should I look at other heads and intake. I have looked at a lot of products online from afr, wilson, all pro etc .
    You should also look into 5.3 heads. You get higher compression. It all depends on your budget and gains for the car. You could go afr, dart, etc. etc., but that can get real costly. Also if your going with port & polished heads you may want to look into a fast 92/92, but again, its all money.

NBM
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    You should also look into 5.3 heads. You get higher compression. It all depends on your budget and gains for the car. You could go afr, dart, etc. etc., but that can get real costly. Also if your going with port & polished heads you may want to look into a fast 92/92, but again, its all money.
    Why would he want to up the compression with FI. If anything, go with 6.0 heads for LOWER compression. They will allow you to run more boost and/or timing without detonation.
    02 Camaro
    PRC Stg 2.5 5.3's, Futral F14, PP Typhoon intake, True duals, Performabuilt tranny, & 3500 convertor, HSW plate kit.
    *Old Time* 10.90@ 125mph

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

The idea for a supercharger is to lower the compression. I've never setup a turbo car but I'd have to think it's the same. Also for heads...the bigger the combustion chamber the better. I went with GM cast 317 heads from a LQ9 motor. They sport 71cc combustion chambers versus the stock 241 heads I had with 61cc (I think). You can get some AFR or Patriot heads with the same LQ9 chamber design which will flow really good numbers. Those heads can fit bigger valves over cast heads too.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

5.3 heads would be a horrible choice for FI. 317's are a decent head, flow about the same as a 243 casting and come with a 72 CC chamber. ETP, AFR, TFS will give you some more meat on the bottom that will help if your pushing a good amount of boost. For someone on a budget, 317's do a great job for almost nothing. 317's can be had for 300 or less.

Ive read a few cases were the FAST 92's were cracking on the bottom with a good amount of boost.

1985 z28

Have any of you tried all pro heads made in ohio. I talked to the owner today and they have been making them for 4 years and he sounds like he knows what he's talking about. But have not really found anything on them.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 11-02-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Removed direct link

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Well, never mind my post
    Just skimmed the thread, must have missed the twin turbo setup
    either that or i was really out of it yesterday

Thread Information