BLACK
    1999 PONTIAC TRANS AM

Max boost on ls6 w/d-1sc procharger

Hi and thanks for reading this.. just a little question for all that are more experianced and graced with the mind and brains of boost and ls motors..lol

im currently involved in another project and need some info regarding the ls6 and an d-1sc procharger ... as im sure you know ls1`s have factory comp at 10.25.1 or so and ls6`s have 10.5.1, And as im told an intercooled 8 lbs d-1sc is the max on pump as far as the ls1 are concerned ,but how but the ls6 can it take 8 or do i need to step it down to 7 to play safe on 91-92 oct pump gas ??

also since that is on a factory ls1 and ls6, lets say i run a dual pattern cam and good free flowing exhaust will that allow 8 lbs since the cam will bleed a little cyl head pressure ??

if so whats a good all around blower cam grind for a ls6 w 7-8 lbs and good exhaust ??

im thinking 208 intake and 228 exhaust @ .050 and conservative lift @ .525 and .535 on factory ls6 springs and a 115 lobe sep... i want a good wide power band and awesome wicked sound at idle w cam and blower..... what do you think, will it work for me ??

What do you think 480-520 rwhp or so thats where i want to be, is it possible ??

the lucky winner of this killer combo is a 1999 firebird t/a with an transzilla 6 speed and moser nine w 4:11`s and an auburn.. the ls1 one is coming out and the ls6 is going in w a procharger.. Just need sum good feed back on the procharger set up and will call it a project in progress... thanks a mill

CPL Leonard j Ray usmc

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Im running a D1 on my '03 Z06 with the 4.50 inch pulley giving me right around 7psi but creeps. I swapped out the springs/rocker arms/ push rods and added a meth kit along with a FAST 90 setup, I achieved 560/500 on pump gas. I also have a full exhaust with American Racing Headers Long Tubes. Thought about a cam swap but the LS6 stock cam was an already nice cam for boost (204/218 @ .050" .550/.550 on a 117.5) very close to the specs you posted and by not replacing it free's up money for a meth kit..so yes the goals you want are easliy acheived

pulley sizes related to psi
    4.50 7-8psi 4.25 8-9psi 4.00 9-10psi
    Shawn
    Daily: 2003 MY Z06 D1SC | Toy: 2006 Hayabusa Garrett T-3 | Hauler: 2007 Nissan Titan LE CC
    I like being Blown!!

white
    1993 gmc typhoon

actually pulley size and boost aren't as related as you think. boost is more related to restriction in the airflow through the engine. just because a pully size results in a certain psi for your engine doesn't mean it will for someone else. watch your knock sensor and O2 for dialling in boost levels. on 93 7 sounds pretty good for that high of compression. now if you add the meth kit you can run a lot higher boost. i have friends running 22 on the street with meth kits.

red
    2000 trans am ws.6

just curious why you would go through the trouble of swapping over to an "ls6" motor from an ls1?? if your going through the trouble of takin the motor out, why not put in a built ls1 with forged internals?? or maybe you are and just didnt mentions it...i dunno but it seems all the trouble really isnt worth the hassle for the very minimal gains you'll see between the 2 engines, if any at all.

but to answer your question about boost...you could run 8lbs on either without any worries. if you run Procharger's 8lb pully your not gonna ever see a steady 8lbs anyway...may drop off depending on other mods. just keep an eye on your tune and make sure its spot on and you shouldnt have any issues, barring any mechanical failure.
    2000 WS.6 Trans am M6
    402 W/APS Twin turbos for support...
    1999 Firebird Formula Hardtop M6
    www.cardomain.com/id/twinturboramair

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by leonardTA1999 View Post
    Hi and thanks for reading this.. just a little question for all that are more experianced and graced with the mind and brains of boost and ls motors..lol

im currently involved in another project and need some info regarding the ls6 and an d-1sc procharger ... as im sure you know ls1`s have factory comp at 10.25.1 or so and ls6`s have 10.5.1, And as im told an intercooled 8 lbs d-1sc is the max on pump as far as the ls1 are concerned ,but how but the ls6 can it take 8 or do i need to step it down to 7 to play safe on 91-92 oct pump gas ??

also since that is on a factory ls1 and ls6, lets say i run a dual pattern cam and good free flowing exhaust will that allow 8 lbs since the cam will bleed a little cyl head pressure ??

if so whats a good all around blower cam grind for a ls6 w 7-8 lbs and good exhaust ??

im thinking 208 intake and 228 exhaust @ .050 and conservative lift @ .525 and .535 on factory ls6 springs and a 115 lobe sep... i want a good wide power band and awesome wicked sound at idle w cam and blower..... what do you think, will it work for me ??

What do you think 480-520 rwhp or so thats where i want to be, is it possible ??

the lucky winner of this killer combo is a 1999 firebird t/a with an transzilla 6 speed and moser nine w 4:11`s and an auburn.. the ls1 one is coming out and the ls6 is going in w a procharger.. Just need sum good feed back on the procharger set up and will call it a project in progress... thanks a mill

CPL Leonard j Ray usmc
    semper -fi brother Jar head,ok let me say with the ls6 at 10-5-1 compression you could run more,timimg and I would never put anything less then 93 in the car,i run 13-15 psi on the street with nothing more then 93,the ls2 has 10-9-1 compression so im a half point more to start with on compression.tunig is everything on these motors,what are you running for injectors,fuel systems etc? you have a way to tune it or have a AFR guage? any ls motor loves boost..
    mods: custom built twins, built 408 w/l92 stock GM heads,GM matching intake,drag bags,frame ties,aluminum drive shaft, performabuilt 4l80e,Yank converter,ohios fastest and quickest 04-06 GTO 9.52 at 144mph. 1.50 60ft on stock rear end and shafts/suspension,on drag radials.

35th SS LE
    Qwtgto
    I'm going to to run boost on my ls2 with the stock compression. How much total timing do you run?

Phantom Black Metalic
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by maxgee View Post
    Qwtgto
    I'm going to to run boost on my ls2 with the stock compression. How much total timing do you run?
    timing depends on how much boost,WOT with 12 psi on stock ls2 i ran 10-12 degrees with street tune 18deg on 110 race gas mixed with 93.best to run car with alil less watch and log what it does,I always try it first on 93 street gas,then take car to track and go a degree at a time or sometimes 2 untill i pick up some knock then back it down a bit.

Thread Information