Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

Magnacharger on 4th gen info please...thanks!

I was looking to see how many people are running a maggie on there 4th gen. Im hoping to do one on my 00 ss by next summer. any info sent my way is appreciated thanks!

Navy Blue
    Chevrolet Camaro SS

Ohh in for this info

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

You'll need to notch the cowl and possibly modify the k member. Quick search dug this up 98-02 LS1 Camaro/Firebird F-Body MP112 Magnacharger Kit

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

I Know about what it takes to install one, I wondering if anyone here had one on there car. Im big into the maggies as opposed to the procharger.

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Hawks has a set up that they say takes a day to install, I have watched the video on their sight countless times theres nothing like the sound of one of those cars.

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

thats what i like most about the magnacharger setup. It already comes with everything you need were as with the procharger setup you still have to buy a balancer, fuel pump, injectors. Yea the procharger makes more power, but i like the numbers you get from the maggie in the lower rpm range. Torque wins races not Horsepower.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

there is a thread around here on a guy that dropped one in his camaro, real good thread on issues that he ran into along the way with a ton of pics. When i get a minute out here ill try and see if I can dig it up for you. I am looking to go this route hopefully when i finally decide on a motor to drop in my T/A.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

her ya go man it was on TECH not here, there are also some youtube vids as well, search magnuson camaro on youtube.
    My 02 SS Magnacharger/h/c/exhaust/suspension build - LS1TECH
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 A-4:
    Volant CAI, BBK LTs, BBK ORY, SLP LM2, FROST Tune, A/C Heat Delete, AIR Delete

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

also here is GMHTP's article on an install that LM Speed did.
    LS1 FBody Performance Kit - GM High-Tech Performance Magazine

Black
    1999 Trans Am FIREHAWK

Hi , don` t mean to steal the thred but I`m looking into a MP122 Kit for my 99 Hawk , are there any other components that I should look into
    like a new rear ? torq converter ? ect .. Before I S/C ?? The car has full exhaust / tune & suspension .

Thanks .
    1999 T/A FIREHAWK - SLP Lid & Bellow,LT`s & Catted Y & Power-Flo Catback , MSD & NGK , UMI 3P SFC,ADJ PHB,STB,LCA`s & Relos , Eibach Pro Kit , Bilstine/SLP Shocks , MAC Diff Cover , BFG & OE Wheels C5DD 18x9.5/10.5 , HID 8000K Headlights - Dyno`d @ 319.07 HP & 327.23 Ft-lb ( Tuned by Champ Motors )

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

Yes you are prolly going to want to upgrade your other drivelive componets, your suspension setup looks good but youll want to look into a beffier rear (autos 12bolt,manuals 9 inch) and upgrading your tranny as well (torque converter, cooler, shiftkit, or complete build) . Also depending on your desired boost it can range from a good idea to a necessity to run forged internals on the motor.

Black
    1999 Trans Am FIREHAWK

Thanks MudstainKILLA , The car will probobly remain stock other wise for power I`m looking at a Maggie MP122 @ 8PSI kitt .I`m not planning to go crazy with the car its just a street car I don`t do burnouts or anything so 450+ RWHP is good enough for me LOL ! I was either looking at beafing up my driveline components first before I add a S/C or after ?? Not sure what Im` going to do next . Also if I install the S/C myself can I drive it to a shop to have it tuned or is it best to have the shop install & tune it all at once ?? If I can drive it to a shop it`s an hour & a half away .

Thanks Again .

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

As long as you leave the stock injectors in the car and don't go WOT you are fine to drive it. When I say don't go WOT, I mean just that. Not even once.

If you put the new injectors in, you need it tuned before you drive it.

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

remember with the maggie's you are going to have to cut the cowl in order for it to clear the S/C. With everything else staying stock and your just shooting for around 450, may want to look into a centifugal design. Could be cheaper for you to completly set up. But i havent priced out the difference in setups. Might be worth looking into ulness your like me and set on a roots style

black
    02 Z28 and 00 SS

im still sold on the roots blower over the centrifugel.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

The K-Member would need to be modified as well (lowered), and even then it might not fit under your hood.

I really like the idea of the maggie, but a procharger is probably the better choice on these 4th gens. You can make just as much power with one.

Black
    1999 Trans Am FIREHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by MudStainKILLA View Post
    remember with the maggie's you are going to have to cut the cowl in order for it to clear the S/C. With everything else staying stock and your just shooting for around 450, may want to look into a centifugal design. Could be cheaper for you to completly set up. But i havent priced out the difference in setups. Might be worth looking into ulness your like me and set on a roots style
    I love the look of a maggie under the hood !! And the sound they make is just EVIL to boot !! Just look at the Holden HVS cars & the Vauxhull VXR 500 ( S/C GTO ) are just insane !!

Black
    1999 Trans Am FIREHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    As long as you leave the stock injectors in the car and don't go WOT you are fine to drive it. When I say don't go WOT, I mean just that. Not even once.

If you put the new injectors in, you need it tuned before you drive it.
    Thanks for the info 35th , I may just get lucky and not blow up my engine on the way to get tuned LOL !!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have a Procharger and I personally LOVE how mine sounds. People hear me coming from probably a 1/4 mile away and that's no exaggeration. It's not evil, it's down right nasty. The whine is overpowering.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Exactly. Clint195 had one on his z06 and it sounded great. So I am just not sure what the appeal is when our cars require so much modification.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information