Injector Question

I have a 383ci 98 Formula with a T Trim vortech @10lbs of boost with an aftercooler. I think the injectors are 42lb, they have a bright green top. I took it to have the tune looked at because I bought it from a guy in Denver and where I live is at sea level.
    Well the car is running very lean and the injectors are at full duty cycle. Fuel pressure goes up over 60psi when you get on it. The guy told me that I needed an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and bigger injectors. He thought they were 36lb injectors. I have researched the internet and I think they are 42s.
    I think I am going to go with some 60lb injectors. What are the differences between low and high impedence and which ones do I need?

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ExStanger View Post
    I have a 383ci 98 Formula with a T Trim vortech @10lbs of boost with an aftercooler. I think the injectors are 42lb, they have a bright green top. I took it to have the tune looked at because I bought it from a guy in Denver and where I live is at sea level.
    Well the car is running very lean and the injectors are at full duty cycle. Fuel pressure goes up over 60psi when you get on it. The guy told me that I needed an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and bigger injectors. He thought they were 36lb injectors. I have researched the internet and I think they are 42s.
    I think I am going to go with some 60lb injectors. What are the differences between low and high impedence and which ones do I need?

From what you are saying it souns like you are out of fuel injectors....you can go with the 60lb ones and they should be just fine. The difference in the low and high impedence injectors are the drivers. If you're using the factory ECM you'll need the high impedence drivers. Or an aftermarket interface. The low impedence ones would just burn your computer up. There is a company out there that sells a interface, if you will, that will allow you to run low impedence injectors. Do a google search on that one.....but I think it's called racetronics......

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

AEM Versafueler works well for running large injectors (low imp) with the stock PCM, just have to know what you are doing with all of the minimum pulse tables and adders to get a clean idle.

Thread Information