Black
    Formula... soon

how reliable are turbos

if i got a sts turbo kit how reliable would the car be. would i be better off with full bolt ons h/c package? the car is a m6 and is semi daily driven except in the winter. at what point do i need forged internals. and what point is SAFE with stock internals.

Navy Blue Metallic
    99 Formula M6

I have heard that he sts's are not that good. I guess they have oil issues, and the filters have the possibility to suck water into ur engine. Plus if u have subframe connectors, it seems difficult to install the sts. So i would definitely say a good H/c package is the way to go, and i would think most would agree w/ me.

98 Z28 M6

and if the H/c package is not enough then spray it

red

i have friends making 600 daily driving no problems. .ya u have to ditch the sub frame connectors but unless ur road racing u dont really need them . . and they have never had a problem with the oil . .

Navy Blue Metallic
    99 Formula M6

w/o subframe connectors u will twist ur chasis, and unibody frame. If u have t- tops they will leak and im sure there are a number of other negative consequences that accompany a twisting frame. Pushing out 600 hp with no subframe connectors is not smart. Most people believe subframs should b the first mod u do to ur car, cuz even stock power can cause twisting. Subframes prevent this twisting and are the reason everyone uses them + of course handeling and stiffer ride.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

i've heard of stock cars that develop leaks, gaps in the body panels and more w/out connectors! plus i seen what a maro could turn into if wrecked w/o connectors. the car became two when it hit a pole. the connector might have not saved the car but it would have helped.
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

98T/Aformula
    I love my SFCs it corners like no other now, but for surely go with H/C then later down the road a super charger, at least thats my plan, but jbb611 that sucks for your friend never like to see that happen to anyones ride hope everyone was ok...peace

Ultimate nothing

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Reliability is a subjective question, and while the STS setup can be reliable you have to expect that sometimes you will have a bad day. Don't get greedy with the boost, and tuning will make you or break you. Sufficient fueling is also very important (upgraded pump, injectors, etc.)

8 psi is the max I'd run with stock internals and a good fuel system. You can blow up your car on 5 psi if you run lean. And keep it in your head that other things besides the engine will break or need replacing (clutch, the rear end). Ultimately your budget is going to determine your reliability.

Thread Information