Thread: fi variables

black
    2004 gto

fi variables

for some reason i never knew that there was more variables to performance from forced induction besides psi, for instance i didnt know a bigger turbo will make more power than a smaller one at the same psi??!! i feel kinda stupid but this is an Epiphany to me, and i know this might be a little off topic but you guys are my friends so i feel comfortable askin u guys but would any one mind explaining these variables to me?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Alot depends on trim characteristics, wheel configuration, size etc.. A smaller turbine will spool quicker than a larger turbine.. Mostly depends on application an where in the curve you want to achieve boost.. A small turbine can make just as much power as a larger spool but will be out of steam quickly.. There are thousands of variables really.. Including hybrids and staged setups etc, etc..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Thread Information