Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D1SC Results

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up D1SC Results

Just got the dyno results back from Speed Inc. and I am heading over to pick up the car shortly....

520rwhp on a conservative tune.

315 Nitto 555s are completely overwhelmed by the power, so it's DRs for me very soon.

Just sharing my excitement with the setup if anyone is interested.

Shop has been amazing from start to finish.
    Nick

2002 Trans Am WS6 - 520rwhp
    D1SC @ 10lbs | FLT Level V - SS3600 - ARH 1 3/4" LTs w/ Catted Y-pipe - Corsa - Koni 4/3's - UMI Adj. LCAs and Brackets - UMI 3 Pt. SFC's - UMI PHB - UMI STB - TTM's (17X9, 17X10.5) - M/T ET Streets

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

man thats awesome, looks like im just gonna go with 8 lbs myself with this meth kit and save up for a forged block for a motor build. What kind of DR's are u gonna go with, i think BFG has a 18 drag radial that i was on ws6 store thats what im thinking about going with that way i can still keep my blacked out c-6s

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by See Me In My GTP View Post
    Just got the dyno results back from Speed Inc. and I am heading over to pick up the car shortly....

520rwhp on a conservative tune.

315 Nitto 555s are completely overwhelmed by the power, so it's DRs for me very soon.

Just sharing my excitement with the setup if anyone is interested.

Shop has been amazing from start to finish.
    Nice. Boost is so much fun. DR's won't help.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

That's great man. I'm uber excited now. I'll be having the same set-up as you basically with the D1SC come spring and I'll also be going to Speed Inc. for my tune.

Ed - I'm kinda glad you mentioned DRs won't help lol. I miss being able to get my car squirly since I added my Nitto 555R's with my measly 330rwhp/348rwtq I currently have

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thanks for the kind words...just went for a spin, and wow is that a different car. I definitely have to relearn driving it. I only got up to 4lbs of boost and it started feeling like an ice skating rink.

Feels really solid though, nice linear pull.

Ed - I'm excited and bummed at that revelation, haha. Low traction is a happy problem. Hopefully some better rubber will tame it somewhat, cause it's pretty dicey right now.

35th-ANV-SS - I can't say enough about Speed Inc. Great group of guys, extremely knowledgable and excited about the cars, and they absolutely will not sell you on stuff you don't need. I'm certainly not needed to speak for their work, but I'll throw my $.02 in. And if you like the car being squirrely, this is the way to go, haha.

bpopham22 - That should be a great setup with the Meth kit. I'll probably forge it myself someday when the motor needs to be refreshed, but this was plenty for now. As far as DR's, I'm most likely going to go with 275 or 295 Mickey Thompson's. I'll go with the 295s if there's no rubbing issues, but the guys at the shop generally felt that the 275 should be fine. Gotta do a little research on that. The Nittos are breaking loose on the 1-2 shift (auto) at 3,000rpms right now.

Black

I tried DR's for a while. Had to switch to ET Streets, even then I have to be careful.

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

Just curious are u still running the stock rear and tranny?

Black

I was running the stock rear for many years. Blew up a few months ago.
    Tranny was upgraded years ago.

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

Yea ed I was reading your thread about which rear u wanted. I'm curious to see what gtp has. I'm sure he's out burning some serious rubber right now so he won't post back for a while.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Is that 520 with just the charger and the mods in your sig? How much boost? Sounds like alot of fun.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Boost is fun! Enjoy it and for the tires you are probably going to have to use some Hoosier or MT DR's if you really want to get some traction. When you have traction the feeling is even better as the power pushes you into your seat!

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Stock internals still? If so then I might have to consider this before H/C

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

awesome that is awesome

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Bpopham was right, I've been out terrorizing the streets, haha. Sorry guys, I would have replied sooner but I stopped getting notifications for the thread and it slipped my mind.

Mickey Thompson 275/40/17 ET Streets are on their way. I am excited to really get the car hooking and making full use of the power.

A am still running the stock rear and tranny for right now. I had planned on doing H/C all along, and quite frankly I couldn't tell you why I wasn't interested in boosting the car. Ended up changing my mind and there is no comparison IMO. Everyday driveability is virtually identical, but once you hit 2,500+ rpms things get nuts. Best of both worlds and the power potential is way higher.

I was a little impulsive with this purchase, so the drivetrain hasn't been fully updated yet. It's an A4, so the rear should last for a while, even with the better meats coming. The transmission seems to stay cool and is holding up, but it's only a matter of time. I will be upgrading that and throwing a stall in come spring but it's not like things explode the first time you get on it.

Yes, I am on stock internals with a safe tune, and to be honest the motor seems to handle everything just fine. It's been well maintained and is currently at 68,000 miles. Original owner - I daily drove it for a few years and now put on about 2,500 miles a summer. The car sees 10psi at 6,300 rpms. Just the blower and full exhaust making 520rwhp.

Planning on hitting the Route 66 T&T this Saturday the 11th so I'll hopefully have some videos to post up if anyone's interested.

Thanks for all the input and questions! If I can share any of my humble experience so far, I'd be happy to.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I'm not suprised. Nitto 555r's were overwhelmed by my pitiful 343rhp/357rwt...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

Man that is awesome because your running the same setup that I'm gonna have just curious do you have an aftermarket torque ARM? If so what kind and honestly how much of a concern is traction at 60 mph?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

No aftermarket torque arm yet, but it would definitely be helpful. That will go on all at once with the new tranny and stall in the spring. You will definitely need good tires and some aftermarket suspension upgrades to take advantage of all the power.

I haven't seen full boost on the street yet with these tires, but right now traction is a concern at virtually all times. Rolling through second gear up to even 5psi I can start to feel the car skate around a bit, and quick throttle movements will roast the tires. I can provide a better update once I have some more appropriate tires on with the current setup. Hopefully those go on Saturday morning.

red
    2001 pontiac WS6

I'm curious does mickey Thompson make an 18 in Dr? I've got basically all the suspension mode u have, there just not on yet.

red with black stripes
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I'm not suprised. Nitto 555r's were overwhelmed by my pitiful 343rhp/357rwt...
    i hook pretty good on the street with my 360+ish rwhp(cammed and stalled) and at the strip they hooked good enough to lift the front tires some.

and i liked my experiance with Speed Inc too.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by bpopham22 View Post
    I'm curious does mickey Thompson make an 18 in Dr? I've got basically all the suspension mode u have, there just not on yet.
    Yes they do! So does Hoosier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information