Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    2001 camaro ss

D1 or f1 procharger ?

SOOOO, i have finally decided that im going to go with a procharger but i cant decide wich one to use for my goals.

engine is going into a 4th gen. I already have callies compstar forged 383 kit with the H-beams and wiseco pistons, TSP STG 3 6.0 heads, TSP 233/239 113 cam, and all supporting mods( ls6 oil pump, dual valve springs, pushrods, etc) car will be a 6sp. looking for reliable daily driver. I want to be in the 650whp range on pump gass, then possibly a 100 octane tune. hoping to trap 135 in the 1/4.

also i know me and thats why im going for that fine line between effiency and room to grow, so what do you all think. D1 or F1

ALSO, I have 6 more months in afghanistan, so there is still room to change my mind if you think you have a better idea for my application, and efficiency im all ears.

White
    '10 ZR1

D1SC - without a doubt, will get you what you've described you're looking for.

black
    2001 camaro ss

ok, awesome! thank you! havent really seen anyone do a build identical to what im doing, so each answer springs more questions. . .

1-does anyone have any idea how much boost im going to need to run to meet these goals, or how much less boost im going to make compared to what a given size pully would generate on a stock car???

2-what kind of miles are people seeing on D1s before needing to send them in for a rebuild? any advice will be much appreciated.

3- any cam recommendations/ has anyone run my cam(tsp 233/239 598/603 113) with a stroker/blower combo?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I made 540rwhp with a D1SC at 10psi on a completely stock LS1 on pump gas with meth and a front mount intercooler if that gives you an idea.

I just passed the 6K miles on mine and did the first oil change. Has been flawless so far.

Hard telling what level of boost you'll be making with what pulley size with that combo. It will move though.

Hope the rest of the car is up to snuff to handle that power level efficiently.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Not sure if you can get to 650 with a D1. But a D1 would be an easy install. I think you have to modify the radiator support to get the F1 in.
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

black
    2001 camaro ss

whoa ed, looks like you have pretty close to what im shooting for with the forged 383, ported 6L heads, and healthy cam. considering the numbers your putting down with a 125shot makes me think i will need an F1.

Does anyone know of there being any drawbacks to a blower this size?

i have heard really big S/Cs are in some cases like big turbos taking a little more time to bring the power in. any truth to that? ( dont wanna spin past 6.5-6.6k rpm)

black
    2001 camaro ss

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I made 540rwhp with a D1SC at 10psi on a completely stock LS1 on pump gas with meth and a front mount intercooler if that gives you an idea.

I just passed the 6K miles on mine and did the first oil change. Has been flawless so far.

Hard telling what level of boost you'll be making with what pulley size with that combo. It will move though.

Hope the rest of the car is up to snuff to handle that power level efficiently.
    yeah i actually read every page of your build the other night, great info. it got me pretty excited! Im in afghanistan right now and just buying all the little nickle and dime parts now then a couple months after i get back i will move(PCS) and start building the beast.

IT was a cam and boltons car w an auto and yank SS3600, my wife accidentally totalled it just before i left so i put the engine on a stand and started ordering parts. think i will be able to sell trans and tq converter for enough to put a chunk towards building a 6sp then still gotta figure out a rear end.already have some suspension, chromolly SFC's, drilled and slotted brakes, etc

black
    2001 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndslpss View Post
    whoa ed, looks like you have pretty close to what im shooting for with the forged 383, ported 6l heads, and healthy cam. Considering the numbers your putting down with a 125shot makes me think i will need an f1.

Does anyone know of there being any drawbacks to a blower this size?

I have heard really big s/cs are in some cases like big turbos taking a little more time to bring the power in. Any truth to that? ( dont wanna spin past 6.5-6.6k rpm)
    /\/\/\
    | | | any thoughts, comments, ideas, or experience would be much appreciated !!!
    Last edited by 2NDSLPSS; 08-09-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Go F1A and don't look back. F1A will drop right in without moving radiator; its also a 8 second blower. F1A has room to grow, drops right in and carries the 5:40 step up ratio. For bigger power on the D1, you will be spinning it higher and that means more heat.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Go F1A and don't look back. F1A will drop right in without moving radiator; its also a 8 second blower. F1A has room to grow, drops right in and carries the 5:40 step up ratio. For bigger power on the D1, you will be spinning it higher and that means more heat.
    After thinking about this more, and reading some of the responses, I think I have to go back on my first post. Hi-Po is right - you probably should go with the F1.

The D1 'might' be able to get you to 650, but then it may not have room to grow very much later on.

Good luck! Keep us updated!

black
    2001 camaro ss

considering the size of the F1 will i be waiting around for boost?

black
    2001 camaro ss

oh and THANK YOU GUYS very much for all the help. it is much appreciated !!!!

Light Pewter
    2000 WS-6 Trans Am

I have a D1-SC on my stock bottom end and make 562rwhp and 491rwtq. I think 650 on a 383 with a D1 would be easy. But, if you're like me, you'll be wanting more sooner rather than later.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I personally don't know how guys with 700+rwhp handle their cars on the street. Even with drag radials in cooler weather my car becomes dangerous to drive until I hit about 50mph. Maybe I just need stickier tires. Not sure what else I can do suspension wise without going with a different set-up.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Jon you need something other then a 555dr lol i had traction issues with those at only 380 hp. nt05r's held it great when i sprayed the 150 through it.

go f1 even if you do have to do some cutting. that way if you do wanna up the boost later on (you know you will ) you have plenty of room to grow

if it were me thats what i would do
    2000 ss camaro, forged lq9 370 short block, stage 3 PRC 243 heads, fast 102 w, big mouth throttle body, MS3 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, stage 3 t-56, monster stage 3, pro 5.0, 4.10's with moser axles, bmr tq arm, lca's, phb. SOLD (thankfully)!!!

New project: 1968 step-side, partial restore, ls/th400 swap. hopefully boosted pics and more info to come!!!

Having a small cam is like having a small dick, everytime you go to use it you wish it was bigger

Impounded

red

hey guys I will definitely go for D1 and i am thankful to you for your recent updatability. I think it is much better than the other one as my friends have D1 and it really works well.

pewter
    2002 ws6 trans am

I am running a vortech and I went from a g-trim to a t-trim and now a stroker with a ysi. Save yourself alot of time and money and do the f1 to begin with.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Where in IN are you, hijinx?

pewter
    2002 ws6 trans am

Northwest, just south of Merrillville In.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I may have seen you around then. I'm also in NWI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information