Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

buy a used s/c ?

should i ever consider buying a used S/C ? would they be completely destroyed or fall apart after I romped on it once?

just curious

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Risky purchase for sure.

You can send them back to the manufacturer to get rebuilt though.

All I know for sure is that you better buy this now before you get married or your wife to be will never ok this purchase!

Black
    99 SS

I can rebuild it.

nest year when i get into superchargers and turbo chargers.

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    Risky purchase for sure.

You can send them back to the manufacturer to get rebuilt though.

All I know for sure is that you better buy this now before you get married or your wife to be will never ok this purchase!
    Haha, I though my friend was the only one. She broke up with him because of the supercharger, then he sold it and she came back.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I bought mine used.
    1999 Trans Am WS6 Black - Forged 346, P1SC (8psi), TH-400, and 12 bolt(3.73's)
    10.29@129 w/1.60 sixty foot

2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Cobra - Whipple 2.3, Exhaust, & CCW's...My DD

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

It's one of those things you have to take a chance on......I mean you could buy a new one and have it last a day or you could buy a used one and have it last forever.......I guess if it were me I'd factor in how much it costs to rebuild one just in case and if it were near the costs of a new one then it's a no brainer.......but if you can get it at a great deal then it would be something to consider.......just not sure how much it costs to rebuild a S/C...

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

I have a supercharger for sale....cheap too. PM me and ill give you details if your interested.

NBM
    2000 Camaro SS #5108 A4

I bought mine used 4 years ago. The only problem with it is that is keeps wanting smaller and smaller pullies on it. Its crazy.
    2000 Camaro SS # 5108 NBM A4
    10.94 @ 124.70 1.71 w/ broken tranny (563 rwhp/477 rwtq)
    Forged LS6 347, D-1SC #10, Patriot LQ9 Heads, LG G5XB Cam, SLP headers, Alky Control, Yank SS3600, BMR suspension
    http://lsx.streetfire.net/video/a7c7...2000a4809f.htm

Metallic Red
    2002 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by WHPLASH View Post
    I bought mine used 4 years ago. The only problem with it is that is keeps wanting smaller and smaller pullies on it. Its crazy.
    That seems to be a 'problem' they all suffer from! The first Procharger blower I bought, I bought used off eBay (P-1SC-1) for around $4K and ran it without any problems for about two years when I upgraded it to a D-1SC. Altogether I have owned four blowers (also have one in my truck) and have an F-1R in the box. BUT once you have run a blower you will think it's the BEST mod money you ever spent and will have a hard time being without one. The initial P-1SC put my stock LS1 over 500 HP (flywheel), but of course I didn't stop there. There are people today spending $70K (or more) on a new Z06 to get 500 HP. Blowers are basically simple things: a pulley turns a rod that eventually turns a vane that pumps air. Prochargers have serial numbers on them so you can usually check to see when they were made/put into service.
    I say 'usually' because sometimes if they have been upgraded like from a P1-SC to a D1-SC they don't always change their records. In any event an upgrade to a D1-SC from a P1-SC by Procharger is about $1K, so that's just about your worse case scenario...then you have a 'rebuilt'. Of course like Whplash you do run the risk of becoming addicted to boost and buy smaller pullies to get more boost.
    Michael
    In GA waving from '02 C5 LS1, Z51, D1SC, 60lb injectors,RPM level 5-4L60E, 3:42, Yank 3600, QA1-12 ways, MTI long headers, high flow cats, Borlas, Wilwood, 603rwhp, 542rwtq.(DynoJet 248-C) 10.89@127.57 on street tires, Race Weight 3,640 lbs

Thread Information