red
    1995 camaro z28

1995 camaro lt1 vortech supercharger runs lean

i just put the vortech after cooler kit on my car and im running 6psi of boost. i have a 1995 camaro lt1. took it to the dyno shop and at high rpm it runs lean really lean. the motor is bone stock all that ive done is put the kit in wich came with and inline fuel pump,fmu, ignition box, super charger and the after cooler. i was woundering what other mods i need to do to make it run properly and if anyone else has had this problem thankx

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by camaroshane1
    i just put the vortech after cooler kit on my car and im running 6psi of boost. i have a 1995 camaro lt1. took it to the dyno shop and at high rpm it runs lean really lean. the motor is bone stock all that ive done is put the kit in wich came with and inline fuel pump,fmu, ignition box, super charger and the after cooler. i was woundering what other mods i need to do to make it run properly and if anyone else has had this problem thankx
    You may want to look into getting some larger injectors and a have it tuned for them as well. When you have it tuned depending on which injectors you use I would ditch that FMU if you can. Those things are worthless IMO!

Impounded
    1995 Z28/SS

You should check your fuel pressure and see if it drops off at WOT. You fuel pumps may not be able to keep up if you inj DC is turned up too high. Methanol is an alternative to going anything over 60# injectors. I'm using 50# inj and I was running out of fuel at 8 lbs at about 4500 rpm until I bought a meth kit. Not too mention its a lot cheaper than a set of low impedance injectors and a converter. Plus it will lower your IATs some

Thread Information