PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

04' GTO front mount TC78 LQ4

Its been a long time since i posted on this forum, so i Just thought id share my latest build with everyone here. After the first round build that never got started and had to sell all my parts, and the nitrous, and the previous rearmount turbo setup, i finally got to get started on my Front Mount TC78 with a 1.15 A/R hotside Build. Round 4?? i think now, lol.

Its been a real pain in the ass so far, no lies. I wanted to use the driver side, Not happening :bang: i now have to relocate the battery to the trunk, (needed done anyway, forced upgrade? ) and re-route a couple coolant lines, nothing i cant handle though.

I currently have a built 4l60 with a yank 3200 stall, and now a LQ4 with ARP 2000 rod bolts and Head bolts. Should live for a little while, atleast until my AES 390ci motor is built.

so, on with the pics. (sorry, my phone only has a 5.0 MP camera )

turbo

manifold on motor

driver side exit

bend down from driver manifold, PAIN IN ASS! i hate pie cutting, oh, the pieces that made this, are the left overs from the pieces that were supposed to make it, lmao. i guess my thinking was way backward. lol

looking toward passenger side where turbo will be

a look at the driver side down turn

passenger side downturn that will go into the merge

basic idea of where the merge will be, i may not use this piece, i may make my own to save alot of space. its probably too tall this way.

Lots more to come, this was just today and a little last night.

Im still a bit nervous about the alternator on the lq4 as the upper bolt on the bracket that bolts to the block next to the motor mount is not the same size, so i will need to find that bolt from a junk yard or something. just doesn’t make sense. :bang:

Well i decided to tackle my down pipe tonight, and was quite surprised with what i was able to do this time around, seems like after my attempts before then jay really helping me out the other day, i was able to get something else accomplished, im quite happy with it, turns out any kind of extended welding is not easy with a hood that doesnt dim the arc for shit!
    heres some pics, im going to be installing an electric cut out on the downpipe so that i can meet the rules for having mufflers and still be able to run wide open for mega fun :twisted:

more to come as things progress

Black
    2006 Cobalt SS

Nice.....very interesting. Are you doing all the fab work yourself (welding, etc)?

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

im doing all the fab work yes, i tacked everything together, yes, and did some finish welding on things that wouldnt be seen, but the downpipe was taken to a pro to be tig welded.

We just got a spool gun for our millermatic at work, so i may even be doing my charge pipe without any couplers, except 3.

havent decided yet.

silver
    1986 camaro

nice stuff man! i seen the AES 390 motor on tech. VERY nice motor

PBM 366ci TC78 E85
    2004 Pontiac GTO PBM A4

Yeah, that motor is going to be a prime runner for a true street class limited to an 88m turbo.

That is the next endevour, although, not with the goat. Probably an Fbody since i cant stand mustangs, and hate just about every other car out there.

I still think they are played out, No offense, i still like them, just wish i could find something GM body that will work and is not ugly as hell.

silver
    1986 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JAX04 View Post
    Yeah, that motor is going to be a prime runner for a true street class limited to an 88m turbo.

That is the next endevour, although, not with the goat. Probably an Fbody since i cant stand mustangs, and hate just about every other car out there.

I still think they are played out, No offense, i still like them, just wish i could find something GM body that will work and is not ugly as hell.
    could be worse... you could drive a third gen.

Thread Information