Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Out of curiosity....

Where in the U.S. are the majority of guns made? Is it spread out evenly or concentrated in one area? Same goes for ammo, where is it made?
    I recently saw part of a Sniper show on History Channel and they were at an ammo factory in Missouri. They said that there were only "parts" of the bullets assembled/made there. Why is that? Anyway just made me think. If the government keeps on trying to eff over the 2nd Amendment then it will be noteworthy to see if government control did break down, who's left with the capability to manufacture firearms.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Most firearm manufactures are in the NorthEast....Connecticut et al.
    Lake City, Missouri makes a bunch of ammo for the military and civilian markets.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Most firearm manufactures are in the NorthEast....Connecticut et al.
    Lake City, Missouri makes a bunch of ammo for the military and civilian markets.
    That's kind of what I thought, I couldn't think of any brand of American gun that wasn't originally made in the Northeast. I was hoping that they at least spread out where they are made by now. Shouldn't each state have their own weapons/ammo manufacturer? I mean, at least for the use of their own national guard/militia. Just in case shit goes wrong.
    Last edited by BdAsBrd01; 01-24-2010 at 06:23 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well there is movement afoot
    Montana, Tennessee, Alaska and Texas are passing laws that if a manufacturer makes a firearm in their state then all citizens of that state can buy them with no Federal interference. You see the Feds have twisted the interstate commerce laws into firearms...so if a state plays the 10th amendment card the Fed can go pack sand as far as having any regulation or say so over the purchase of firearms in the state they were manufactured in
    Hi Points are made in Ohio, Kel Tecs in Florida.....so firearms manufacturers are popping up and I try and buy at least one of their guns.....I try and support them and their efforts. Old man Ruger went on the record that nobody needs more than 10 round magazines so fuck him.....

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Montana, Tennessee, Alaska and Texas are passing laws that if a manufacturer makes a firearm in their state then all citizens of that state can buy them with no Federal interference. You see the Feds have twisted the interstate commerce laws into firearms...so if a state plays the 10th amendment card the Fed can go pack sand as far as having any regulation or say so over the purchase of firearms in the state they were manufactured in
    Hi Points are made in Ohio, Kel Tecs in Florida.....so firearms manufacturers are popping up and I try and buy at least one of their guns.....I try and support them and their efforts. Old man Ruger went on the record that nobody needs more than 10 round magazines so fuck him.....
    That's pathetic. Really idiotic. I am so friggin tired of stupid people that say stupid things like that. Aren't they in CT? If so, that explains a lot of his problem right there. That little state is populated and run by left wing idiots.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Huh...he must have changed his mind. You can get a stock 20 with a Mini 30/14 and a 25 for the SR15.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1 View Post
    Huh...he must have changed his mind. You can get a stock 20 with a Mini 30/14 and a 25 for the SR15.
    I read on wikipedia that old man Ruger is dead and they waited until after he died to allow people to buy stock 20 and 30 round mags. While he was alive he wouldn't let 'em sell larger than 10. Also, he kept a tight watch and records on how many rounds and how many firearms the military/non-civilian people bought. He was still out of his damned mind in my opinion, sales went up after he died.

Here's an excerpt from the wiki article on Ruger:

"After the death of William B. Ruger in July 2002 and the sunset of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban in September 2004, the company has retreated from its historical position of limiting sales of these magazines to the average citizen. Ruger is now actively selling twenty and thirty round magazines to the general public as well as weapons that would have been banned under the bill indirectly supported by Mr. Ruger, including a modified AR-15 pattern rifle."
    Old man Ruger was a leftie, it details it in the article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger
    Last edited by BdAsBrd01; 01-24-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1 View Post
    I know that. He said it but wanted
    regulation to limit magazine capacity.....
    from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger
    "In his letter to members of the House and Senate on 30 March 1989, Mr. Ruger (william b. ruger, company founder!) stated in that which has come to be known as "The Ruger Letter":

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete, and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining "assault rifles" and "semi-automatic rifles" is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could prohibit their possession or sale and would effectively implement these objectives."

In addition to the furor amongst hunters, sportsmen and shooters caused by "The Ruger Letter", Mr. Ruger made additional comments during an interview with NBCs Tom Brokaw that angered 2nd Amendment proponents even further, by saying that "no honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun…" "

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Wait a minute... So if a manufacturer produces the firearm in TX then the Feds can't impose ANY regs on a TX resident buyer? i.e. if a TX manufacturer builds and sells select fire rifles we can buy them?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

If it is made in Texas and your a Texas resident....no Fed regs cover it.....it is coming!

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Dude...

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Will the feds be able to get around it the way Century and other companies "domestically" manufacture rifles from imported parts kits to get around import bans? i.e. if the gun is final assembled in San Antonio but the barrel was machined in Tulsa, it contains out of state parts and isn't 100% Texan.

You wouldn't have to twist my arm very hard to get me to buy an SBR Sig 556...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

If it is made in Texas and your a Texas resident....no Fed regs cover it.....it is coming!
    I believe alexander arms is in texas.

springfield is made in springfield, lol. unless its an XD, theyre made in croatia

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Old man Ruger went on the record that nobody needs more than 10 round magazines so fuck him.....
    I dont own any Rugers

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Tobynine9 View Post
    if a TX manufacturer builds and sells select fire rifles we can buy them?
    I highly doubt there will be any ammendments to the NFA rules.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Called the 10th Amendment to the Constitution......don't need any "changes"....

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Called the 10th Amendment to the Constitution......don't need any "changes"....
    The Dems and the "Chosen One" think that outdated document needs Lots of changes...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yes they do...and you see where that is getting them.....
    New Jersey.....Carolina.....Massachusetts.....

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

why cant i just have my guns and everyone else leave me the hell alone....

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    why cant i just have my guns and everyone else leave me the hell alone....
    That would be too damned simple and actually Constitutionally right. That's why.

Thread Information