Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

New Rifle in Jail

Should be putting this rifle in Jail today.

Sigsauer 716
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sig716.jpg  

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

In jail? Is there really a waiting period for long guns in Cali?

Black

Yep, 10 days. Stupid law.

blue
    1999 TransAm

..so have you tried it out yet?

Black

Yes, not too bad. Kicks more than I expected.
    Going to need to change the trigger. A little heavy and long.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s716.jpg  

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Neat looking addition to the arsenal.

Glad PA has PICS (Pennsylvania Instant Check System) -- makes the wait time all of 5 minutes in most cases.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Long guns here in Md also use the fed NICS instant check. Handguns, that's another story.

Black

The waiting period is nuts. I already own guns. Why do I have to wait??
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Because REASONS.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Because REASONS.
    Yeah and if your on a terror watch list as our wonderful boys and girls in Washington voted on this past week YOU CAN STILL buy guns in the good old U.S.A
    oh forgot the other bill they voted down was having to even have a background check to buy any weapon at a gun trade show!!!!
    Don't want to get into any 2nd ammendment thing here but I think back ground checks should be a must for anyone attempting to buy a weapon period.....most of the time the idiots who do the crazy stuff steal or get someone else to buy them but some just get weapons themselves with no questions asked and commit unspeakable acts. Any how my .02 nice gun you got there when you get it...lol
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I wonder what would happen if a person who is guilty of no crimes went to purchase a gun and the clerk came back and said: "sorry, you can't buy this gun because you are a suspected terrorist."

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Because sometimes good people turn into bad people.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I wonder what would happen if a person who is guilty of no crimes went to purchase a gun and the clerk came back and said: "sorry, you can't buy this gun because you are a suspected terrorist."
    There would have to be an appeals process in place. If not you would have to take the state to court.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

You would have to go to Federal court, not state. It's the Fed's that run the "list".

If the ol' "Executive Pen" enacts this I foresee another SCOTUS loss for O solely on the "Due Process" clause. He sure is batting 1000 on these

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Yeah and if your on a terror watch list as our wonderful boys and girls in Washington voted on this past week YOU CAN STILL buy guns in the good old U.S.A
    oh forgot the other bill they voted down was having to even have a background check to buy any weapon at a gun trade show!!!!
    Don't want to get into any 2nd ammendment thing here but I think back ground checks should be a must for anyone attempting to buy a weapon period.....most of the time the idiots who do the crazy stuff steal or get someone else to buy them but some just get weapons themselves with no questions asked and commit unspeakable acts. Any how my .02 nice gun you got there when you get it...lol
    ..i'm glad they voted it down!

we already have more than enough "gun laws" (and "knife laws"), ...no mas!

and a terror watch list is an extreme slippery slope to denying fundamental rights w/out due process... funny how this game is played, when "picking and choosing" which constitutional rights we like or dislike, and it's always gun rights that the left singles out for depravity...

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ..i'm glad they voted it down!

we already have more than enough "gun laws" (and "knife laws"), ...no mas!

and a terror watch list is an extreme slippery slope to denying fundamental rights w/out due process... funny how this game is played, when "picking and choosing" which constitutional rights we like or dislike, and it's always gun rights that the left singles out for depravity...
    it ain't about the right or the left its about national security. There is absolutely NOTHING you could tell me that would make me think otherwise. I would have to bet you'd change your mind if some asshole that was on a terrorist watch list bought a couple guns and a few thousand rounds at your local gun shop and walked into your place of work or restaurant, mall, you name it and shot you or someone near and dear to you up because no one stopped them!
    I'm all for guns have a bunch myself but it's just common sense not who is right. How many suicidal radicals were running around with automatic guns and pipe bombs in 1789! Hell if someone barged into a room back then they may or may not even hit the person they were aiming at and I would think pretty much every one in the room could escape while he reloaded......times have changed my friend. I have to go renew my carry permit so I can arm myself and protect my family when we are out, at one time everyone carried anywhere they wanted and as gun crime increased laws changed state by state and responsible gun owners changed with them because their love of the sport so I will take a little inconvenience any day over some innocent people being murdered.

blue
    1999 TransAm

it ain't about the right or the left its about national security. There is absolutely NOTHING you could tell me that would make me think otherwise. I would have to bet you'd change your mind if some asshole that was on a terrorist watch list bought a couple guns and a few thousand rounds at your local gun shop and walked into your place of work or restaurant, mall, you name it and shot you or someone near and dear to you up because no one stopped them!
    I'm all for guns have a bunch myself but it's just common sense not who is right. How many suicidal radicals were running around with automatic guns and pipe bombs in 1789! Hell if someone barged into a room back then they may or may not even hit the person they were aiming at and I would think pretty much every one in the room could escape while he reloaded......times have changed my friend. I have to go renew my carry permit so I can arm myself and protect my family when we are out, at one time everyone carried anywhere they wanted and as gun crime increased laws changed state by state and responsible gun owners changed with them because their love of the sport so I will take a little inconvenience any day over some innocent people being murdered.
    ...you're kinda all over the place here, but let's focus on the "no fly list", or whatever it's called... the things w/ these "lists" is they are error-prone and it's the innocent citizen that bears the cost if there "name" ends up on it somehow, unbeknownst to them... as an example ted kennedy (late senator) was on such list... i'm sick and tired of having more and more burdens on good citizens, and all the while the rest of the world's crap seemingly is welcomed here w/ open arms?... which is the bigger threat?.. w/ all the draconian "gun control" in france, ..the Islamic terrorists didn't have any problem getting their AKs... citizens suffer, ...criminals capitalize...

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ....the Islamic terrorists didn't have any problem getting their AKs... citizens suffer, ...criminals capitalize...
    Heard they got them at Bubs gun shop in Ohio and had them shipped UPS no questions asked!!
    Anyhow as I said above Nice gun you got there Ed hope you enjoy it looks pretty cool

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Heard they got them at Bubs gun shop in Ohio and had them shipped UPS no questions asked!!
    Anyhow as I said above Nice gun you got there Ed hope you enjoy it looks pretty cool
    The ATF has stated all 4 firearms were purchased legally with background checks 4 years ago. The rifles by a childhood friend of the male shooter and the handguns by Farook himself. Back ground checks didn't and wouldn't have stopped this. I am not entirely opposed to them but they do little to stop crime..... unless every firearm in the country was registered and tracked..... which I do strongly oppose. That is why universal background checks didn't pass... because law enforcement officials showed how useless it would be unless a national firearms registry were in place.

You live in the Northeast so while I don't understand your willingness to trade freedom for security I can understand how you feel this way yourself.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-08-2015 at 06:13 AM.

Black

I don't mind background checks to detect criminals and/or mentally ill. But you're right checks don't help that much. The waiting period is stupid
    But here in Cali, I can't carry a gun. I will probably never get a CCW. If I had my chose, I would carry every day.

Thread Information