Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Juan Williams Wife wishes she had a gun

During an April 28 interview on The Lars Larson show, Fox News' Juan Williams told a story about his wife's car being stolen and her saying, "I wish I had a gun."

Williams said that his wife "went to the gas station" this past weekend to fuel her car. He said that "while she's trying to put the credit card in some guy rushes by her, gets in the car and drives off with the damn car."
    Williams said his wife's response was, "I wish I had a gun."
    Larson responded by saying, "God bless Mrs. Juan Williams," and said Juan should buy her a gun "at the next opportunity."

Juan Williams Wife Robbed, Wishes She Had Gun

blue
    1999 TransAm

...well, ..juan!?!?!

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

they are all full of it...look at the guy out in California who puts up a front as being an anti-gun person...he then gets busted by the feds for selling guns illegally!

red
    95 Z28

Yeah, that's exactly what she needed. I can just picture her digging some gun out of her purse and then shooting at her car as it's half way down the block.. all filmed nicely by the gas station cameras. Just what us gun owners need to help drum up support for gun ownership.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what she needed. I can just picture her digging some gun out of her purse and then shooting at her car as it's half way down the block.. all filmed nicely by the gas station cameras. Just what us gun owners need to help drum up support for gun ownership.
    ...no, i don't think it's because she wanted to act irrationally... this is someone who just had a major ephiphany about crime, and realized just how vulnerable one is going about life in perpetual "condition white"...
    Last edited by wileyCoyote; 04-30-2014 at 06:30 AM. Reason: spelling

red
    95 Z28

For this completely untrained woman who will likely never invest any time into training, a gun would have done little to help her. A guy rushed by her, jumped in the car and drove off. Her gun would have been inside her purse, inside the car. If you've ever noticed, women don't have their purse under their arm when they pump gas, and 99.9% chance this woman would never carry a gun on her person.
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 04-30-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

For this completely untrained woman who will likely never invest any time into training, a gun would have done little to help her. A guy rushed by her, jumped in the car and drove off. Her gun would have been inside her purse, inside the car. If you've ever noticed, women don't have their purse under their arm when they pump gas, and 99.9% chance this woman would never carry a gun on her person.
    How do you know she was untrained. She may have served in the military in the past or she may have owned a gun at one time. Is it because she is a woman and you think that women can't handle a "nasty old gun ", Well my wife can handle her .40 cal S&W just fine. So sexist posts have no place on this site.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

blue
    1999 TransAm

i would imagine that her reaction to "wishing she had a gun" attests to the sudden realization of how vulnerable she was to attack... she could've been shoved in the car and kidnapped... i don't see anything odd about her remarks...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    i would imagine that her reaction to "wishing she had a gun" attests to the sudden realization of how vulnerable she was to attack... she could've been shoved in the car and kidnapped... i don't see anything odd about her remarks...
    That is pretty much how I took it as well. I highly doubt she'll get out there and buy a gun over it. And even if she did, she would have to take classes and pass tests. Overall, she would probably be afraid to hold a gun let alone carry.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    That is pretty much how I took it as well. I highly doubt she'll get out there and buy a gun over it. And even if she did, she would have to take classes and pass tests. Overall, she would probably be afraid to hold a gun let alone carry.
    Dena, are you afraid of guns. I mean the way everyone talks around here, women have no interest in guns and they are afraid of them because they are nasty and loud and heavy and icky. My wife and I go to a range and some of the best shots are women, I am a firm believer that women can do almost everything men can do except for certain things that require extreme strength.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Dena, are you afraid of guns. I mean the way everyone talks around here, women have no interest in guns and they are afraid of them because they are nasty and loud and heavy and icky. My wife and I go to a range and some of the best shots are women, I am a firm believer that women can do almost everything men can do except for certain things that require extreme strength.
    No I am not afraid of guns. I support the 2nd amendment and am a member of the NRA. I just say that because, being anti gun liberal Jaun Williams wife, I would assume that she would find them heavy, icky and scary. I could be wrong. Who knows. Perhaps Jaun will change his views on guns and get her one

red
    95 Z28

How do you know she was untrained. She may have served in the military in the past or she may have owned a gun at one time. Is it because she is a woman and you think that women can't handle a "nasty old gun ", Well my wife can handle her .40 cal S&W just fine. So sexist posts have no place on this site.
    If we play the odds, I'm going to be right 999/1000 times. Not many women out there that have weapons training, or carry a gun while out and about in normal life. My post is in no way sexist. When so few women have no training, it's safe to say she had none as well, especially given the household she lives in, and how she's been indoctrinated with regard to guns in general (as KH pointed out).

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    Maybe, but it sounds like it would have been of little or no use to this woman in this case. Even the extreme minority of women that do have a gun with them don't carry on their person. It's in their purse or somewhere in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    This. Unfortunately, so many people that pass these tests to get firearms only pass them to get their weapon. After that, they don't practice at all, and shooting is a perishable skill.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Hahaha there are sexist and racist posts on this site all the time. Hell just the other day some said something along the lines of asian drivers are bad because they can blind folded with dental floss and the comment was liked and no one said shit. And I can't tell you how many "women drivers" posts and videos I have seen on here. You just feel the need to say sexist posts have no place on here when it is someone who disagrees with you.

I agree though women should be allowed to carry. But a responsible gun owner is a knowlegable and well practiced gun owner. Guys shoot and practice more than women in general. That is the truth. That is not to say there aren't well trained women and poorly trained men just that men generally take more interest in firearms.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 05-02-2014 at 06:22 AM.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...how did this become a debate about women and CCW?... in my eyes, everyone has the same RTKBA... lots of hyperbole going on here... certainly everyone here, internet saavy, hears of the numerous stories about women using guns to fend off and defeat attackers, at their home or outside...

now, to the subject at hand, ...try to imagine yourself in this situation, ...you probably would realize how swiftly you could be ambushed... her statement is probably somewhat of a gut reaction, yes they can get that close ...what if they guy had thrown her into the car?...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I agree that there are many situations where a woman would be better off with a firearm than without. I also believe a firearm would have done her very little in this situation. Not because she is a women but because I do not think most of us (male or female) would have benefited much from a firearm in this situation. Someone jumps in your car and hits the gas if you aren't on them before they start moving you aren't going to get a clean shot off. And in many states shooting someone who is fleeing could land you in jail as well. Only states with the castle doctrines that extend to vehicle ownership would you be 100% safe.

I also agree that her comment was more directed towards crime in general not just this one situation. She realized that criminals do and can strike at any moment. Noone should leave themselves a weak target.

Navy Blue Metallic

5.0 your stat/opinion about untrained CCW holder is just wrong. You know a significant number of states require CCW holders to go through safety training courses and even some require proof of proficiency in the pistol you plan to carry.

I won't go through all 50 states but for example: TX & AR require you show proficiency on revolver or semi-auto. While TX requires IIRC 8 hrs of safety instruction, while AR does not. AL you just need to pass background check & pay fee. Each state dictates what the requirements are for CCW holders to comply with.

Now unless I'm mistaking and you meant that most people are untrained in handling conflict situations then in that case I'll agree.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I think he was referring more to the lack of hitting the range and keeping your skills honed on a regular basis. That is something that all gun owners should keep up on. You know what they say... Practice makes perfect

Navy Blue Metallic

Ok then if that's what he meant then I'll agree with how you interpreted it.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    And in many states shooting someone who is fleeing could land you in jail as well. .
    In AZ, you have to be in fear of your life. That would be extremely hard to prove if someone stole a car and fled. I agree with others, though, that this was prob a wake up call for this woman. I carry all the time. Chance favors the prepared they say. Makes sense to me...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Now unless I'm mistaking and you meant that most people are untrained in handling conflict situations then in that case I'll agree.
    Unless you were/are military with combat experience, or LE with combatant experience, that applies to everyone. IMO.

Thread Information