Results 1 to 13 of 13

AR15 +Slidfire Stock + GoPro Cameras + Tannerite = Awesome!

This is a discussion on AR15 +Slidfire Stock + GoPro Cameras + Tannerite = Awesome! within the Gun's & Ammo forums, part of the Almost Anything Goes category; Shot some video of me and my buddy firing at some tannerite targets with my Slidefire equiped AR15. Let me ...

  1. #1
    Freezin in AK! ArcticZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Anchorage AK
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,450

    Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

    AR15 +Slidfire Stock + GoPro Cameras + Tannerite = Awesome!

    Shot some video of me and my buddy firing at some tannerite targets with my Slidefire equiped AR15. Let me know what you think.

    Any one else have a slidefire and tried to shoot a 100rd drum magazine? Mine keeps jamming from the rounds double feeding in the feed section of the magazine. Anyone have any recommended modifications?


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,276

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Nice gun, looks like fun. I will have to get me one of the stocks.

    As for the drum, you should check out some AR forums and try to find a solution. Drum magazines are notorious for jamming which is a big reason why most law enforcement and military stay away from them.

  3. #3
    Senior Member wileyCoyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Centerville OH
    Posts
    1,593

    blue
    1999 TransAm

    good show!

  4. #4
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    My brother has one of the Beta copies and 1 of 3 times using the slide fire it will empty the entire drum. Like you it will jam several times. His has the 2 stage trigger and sometimes jams with a regular bump fire do to it so we haven't ruled out that for the cause because semi auto fire with the drum is generally flawless. Bump firing with his 2 stage acts crazy sometimes.
    Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 08-03-2012 at 06:18 PM.

  5. #5
    Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,693
    2001

    awesome vid!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    283

    red
    2000 Z28

    Recommended Mods to fix your malfunctions:

    USGI or MagPul mags

    USGI A1, A2, M4, MagPul CTR, MOE, ACS, STR, ACS-L, UBR, Vltor E-Mod, I-Mod, Modstock, LMT SOPMod

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,276

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    Recommended Mods to fix your malfunctions:

    USGI or MagPul mags

    USGI A1, A2, M4, MagPul CTR, MOE, ACS, STR, ACS-L, UBR, Vltor E-Mod, I-Mod, Modstock, LMT SOPMod

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    How is using other mags going to fix the problem when the whole point is that he wants to stop the drum from jamming?

  8. #8
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    slower ammo will also help with the double feeding

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    283

    red
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    How is using other mags going to fix the problem when the whole point is that he wants to stop the drum from jamming?
    Using proven reliable parts is significantly faster than stopping to clear jams. Add a good trigger like a Geissele SSA-E and a Battlecomp and with some time behind the trigger he'll shoot faster and more accurately than some gimmicky shit that looks tacti-cool in a gun rag.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #10
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,707

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    Using proven reliable parts is significantly faster than stopping to clear jams. Add a good trigger like a Geissele SSA-E and a Battlecomp and with some time behind the trigger he'll shoot faster and more accurately than some gimmicky shit that looks tacti-cool in a gun rag.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2


    You fail to realize that most people only use a slidefire stock for the pure fun of it, not because it provides any real advantage during the practical use of the weapon. A slidefire stock would be mostly useless in any real use of the weapon, except perhaps suppression.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    283

    red
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    You fail to realize that most people only use a slidefire stock for the pure fun of it, not because it provides any real advantage during the practical use of the weapon. A slidefire stock would be mostly useless in any real use of the weapon, except perhaps suppression.
    I fully understand why people purchase the slidefire and betamags. I fail to realize how it's more fun than putting faster more accurate fire downrange with more reliable, less expensive equipment.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,276

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by tremiles View Post
    I fully understand why people purchase the slidefire and betamags. I fail to realize how it's more fun than putting faster more accurate fire downrange with more reliable, less expensive equipment.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
    Correct sir... you do fail.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    283

    red
    2000 Z28

    Do you double feed when you eliminate a variable? Betamag only without bumpfire, or bumpfire with standard known reliable mag?

    If I were going to diagnose a double feed, I'd look at the mag spring, follower, and feed lips. I don't know if the follower is proprietary on a betamag, but obviously the spring is. If you don't have a spare spring to test with, I'd call the manufacturer for a solution.

    If you were going to try and slow down the cyclic rate a bit, that MIGHT help. Upping the buffer weight would be more effective than switching to "slower" ammo because of lot to lot tolerances. What buffer are you using? Standard carbine? H? Carbine or mid-length gas? DPMS rifles tend to be overgassed, but without removing the gas block you can't measure to see if the gas port is in spec.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. AR15 Speed Loader
    By SMWS6TA in forum Gun's & Ammo
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2015, 05:15 AM
  2. NBC Being Sued over Contrived Tannerite Explosions...
    By wileyCoyote in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2015, 10:35 AM
  3. AR15 Owners
    By JayTA98 in forum Gun's & Ammo
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 05:09 PM
  4. AR15 stops a thief
    By SMWS6TA in forum Gun's & Ammo
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 07:19 AM
  5. Left-handed AR15??
    By TexasLS1 in forum Gun's & Ammo
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 04:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •