2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Well it's not a CTS-V, but it's a V...

I figured since it seems like you fellas need more representation, I would speak up.

I've got a 2006 STS-V and just recently joined. Was a member over at LS1tech when I had my LPE WS6, but I don't really do much over there these days.

My car:

I also have a 2007 CTS Sport 3.6l, so I am quite familiar with the CTS version of the Epsilon platform.
    Last edited by Blakbird24; 02-02-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Silver
    98 Camaro

4.4L of supercharged fury correct???

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

welcome to the site
    its better here

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

sweet looking STS-V. My dad's friend has one. I absolutely love my CTS-V

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 1LOMARO View Post
    4.4L of supercharged fury correct???
    Haha...yeah. Wish I could enjoy the fury, but the roads are a mess of salt and chemicals in my area, and with these absolutely terrible summer run-flats, planting of the right foot just turns the car into a tire smoke generator. New tires are coming this month along with some interior upgrades (nice to work on while she sits in the garage).

Thanks for the compliments. I'm a big fan of the CTS-V (especially 2nd gen, that will be my next car in fact), however the 1st gen car is just a bit too small for my liking. Thus I went with it's big brother.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    Haha...yeah. Wish I could enjoy the fury, but the roads are a mess of salt and chemicals in my area, and with these absolutely terrible summer run-flats, planting of the right foot just turns the car into a tire smoke generator. New tires are coming this month along with some interior upgrades (nice to work on while she sits in the garage).

Thanks for the compliments. I'm a big fan of the CTS-V (especially 2nd gen, that will be my next car in fact), however the 1st gen car is just a bit too small for my liking. Thus I went with it's big brother.
    i absolutely love the 2nd gen but it has a rather large price tag. Too much for a college student but hopefully one day I will own one.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Welcome to the site! Nice STS-V! Been trying to talk my mother into getting one for the longest just so I can drive it

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Love those STS-Vs. They are a neat car. I saw one at the drag strip last summer. I finally tracked down the owner and talked to him. He said his best stock time was 13.1 but it usually went 13.2 to 13.3. and he had a handheld tuner and was trying out a few tunes he had. He said one of the tunes was putting him in the 12s.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Love those STS-Vs. They are a neat car. I saw one at the drag strip last summer. I finally tracked down the owner and talked to him. He said his best stock time was 13.1 but it usually went 13.2 to 13.3. and he had a handheld tuner and was trying out a few tunes he had. He said one of the tunes was putting him in the 12s.
    Well driven, in the right conditions, 12.8 is possible on stock rubber. Just changing to a good non-runflat can improve that time another 10th or two. Generally speaking though, it's a 13-flat car to a good driver in pure stock form. Which is super impressive for a 4300lb car that can comfortably seat five in an interior designed by the same company that did the Maybach.

Plus, since it's FI, there's alot of potential for more. The drawback is that parts are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Well driven, in the right conditions, 12.8 is possible on stock rubber. Just changing to a good non-runflat can improve that time another 10th or two. Generally speaking though, it's a 13-flat car to a good driver in pure stock form. Which is super impressive for a 4300lb car that can comfortably seat five in an interior designed by the same company that did the Maybach.

Plus, since it's FI, there's alot of potential for more. The drawback is that parts are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    I really need to get a ride in my dad's friend's car. I knew the numbers were impressive but had know idea that huge car ran like that.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    I really need to get a ride in my dad's friend's car. I knew the numbers were impressive but had know idea that huge car ran like that.
    It's all in the transmission and driver aids. The car has all kinds of gadgets to help handling and straight line performance. Stabilitrak, Magneheteorological damping, multiple shift algorithms along with full manual...putting the car in competition mode, and using the sport-auto tranny setting along with launch control seems to yield the best times though. You can turn all the aids off but then you generally end up with a tire-smoke party, and intimate relationships with guardrails.

Despite all this, it's a completely different feel. It doesn't "feel" that fast. I had a WS6 and a Z06 before the V and I can tell you that it's a totally different kind of acceleration. While the WS6 and Z would throw you back in your seat almost as if you got punched in the stomach, the V is more like the starship enterprise or a bullet train. It frikin MOVES, but you don't really feel it...you really have to just watch the scenery pass to get a feel for how fast you are actually going.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

It's all in the transmission and driver aids. The car has all kinds of gadgets to help handling and straight line performance. Stabilitrak, Magneheteorological damping, multiple shift algorithms along with full manual...putting the car in competition mode, and using the sport-auto tranny setting along with launch control seems to yield the best times though. You can turn all the aids off but then you generally end up with a tire-smoke party, and intimate relationships with guardrails.

Despite all this, it's a completely different feel. It doesn't "feel" that fast. I had a WS6 and a Z06 before the V and I can tell you that it's a totally different kind of acceleration. While the WS6 and Z would throw you back in your seat almost as if you got punched in the stomach, the V is more like the starship enterprise or a bullet train. It frikin MOVES, but you don't really feel it...you really have to just watch the scenery pass to get a feel for how fast you are actually going.
    yea i love turning everything off on the car but i only have stabilitrak and traction control tho. You can easlily lost control of the car tho if you are not careful with those things off.

and i know what you are talking about with the acceleration. its totally different going from my SS to the V

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

So true. The 2nd gen CTS-V kinda has the same feel. Its the quiet exhaust that kinda fools ya and somewhat gradual launch. Doesn't feel as brutal, but still fast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I love the Newest CTS-V. your STS-V is nice brah

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

awwwwwwwsome!! Jealous!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Did someone say, "3.6L" ?

Nice ride!

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

They aren't just $$$ there aren't many companies out there making parts for a limited production car. IIRC there were only about 2400 STS-Vs made total.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by transamprincess98 View Post
    They aren't just $$$ there aren't many companies out there making parts for a limited production car. IIRC there were only about 2400 STS-Vs made total.
    A select few STS-V owners, myself included, have decided to take it upon ourselves to make the parts. There really is only one "established" option, and we are tired of their poor attitude and stratospheric prices. So we pooled our talents and resources, and have hammered out quite a few options that are much more reasonably priced. The best result we've gotten so far is 565rwhp. That's about $3800 in parts. This is compared to approximately $18,000 from the only other source. We feel we've done pretty well.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

I am a member of another site also or I should say my husband is...... I do have an intake not from that "established" option on my car already and there is a video of my gibson cat back on the site. Pretty happy with them both.
    A select few STS-V owners, myself included, have decided to take it upon ourselves to make the parts. There really is only one "established" option, and we are tired of their poor attitude and stratospheric prices. So we pooled our talents and resources, and have hammered out quite a few options that are much more reasonably priced. The best result we've gotten so far is 565rwhp. That's about $3800 in parts. This is compared to approximately $18,000 from the only other source. We feel we've done pretty well.

Thread Information