98 Formula
    06 duramax

xbox guys....game advice

Zach got an xbox for xmas. I used to play games but it's been a while so I'm not familiar with games that are out now. Zach wants Call of Duty but I was wondering just how violent it is......appropriate for an 11 year old? I know all his buddies have it and I'm not one to shelter him but I'd prefer him not to be playing blood and guts kinda games. I have no problem telling him no but I don't know enough about the game to make that call. I don't mind shoot 'em up games.....however I don't want him to see what a human head looks like when it explodes.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

xbox guys....game advice

i would rate it a pg13. not to graphic as some games. horror has more
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

like I say....I'm not "that" parent that shelters him and he also got a compound bow so killing is in his future. He's sat with me before when I shot a deer and watched me gut it. He's killed squirrels and gutted them. I just don't think it's healthy for a kid to play games where they're killing people....especially if it's real graphic. A war game......not that bad IMO as long as it's not overly graphic. I'd rather he didn't play them at all until he's a little older but I know how it is when all your buddies are playing something.

Navy Blue Metallic

xbox guys....game advice

In that case head into a bestbuy or game stop and see if they can show you the game play. I believe it all depends on how mature the kid is & how if they are able to realixe its a game not real life & that in real life what it can cause.

Navy Blue Metallic

here this may help you decide.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I do not think they are overly bloody. There is some blood and everynow and then a little pink mist from a headshot but I have never played a COD game where they get really in depth with organs, brains etc.

Navy Blue Metallic

Orion, on COD games there is a Zombie section were you battle "Zombies" that can get a little graphic.

Arctic White, red/gray

What you really need to watchout for is the actual interaction with other people via the internet especially fisrt person shooter gamers. The way gamers talk is not what society considers acceptable. Everyone is an e-thug/badass. They will say horribly mean things as well as disgustingly graphic things. Your son will probably learn some new words, phrases and definitions.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    What you really need to watchout for is the actual interaction with other people via the internet especially fisrt person shooter gamers. The way gamers talk is not what society considers acceptable. Everyone is an e-thug/badass. They will say horribly mean things as well as disgustingly graphic things. Your son will probably learn some new words, phrases and definitions.
    THIS^^ totally forgot about this. It's almost funny listening to 12 yr olds talk like this knowing they know jackshit.

Arctic White, red/gray

Sometimes it is funny. Sometimes it is annoying... that's what they made the mute option for. I'm used to all this from back in my early teens playing counterstrike etc. When I hear people actually get pissed and start to talk back I just laugh because it is pointless. Nothing is going to teach theses kids that they know nothing except age and wisdom. Something they might never get but if they do it will take time for them to mature and realize they know nothing. I used to say some pretty silly shit myself. Even have a few recorded from our prank calling days.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-29-2014 at 08:49 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

If I do let him get it he won't be allowed to play online like that. At least not for a while. He's a pretty good kid and requires little to no supervision when it comes to internet stuff. He spends a lot of time on youtube so I told him a while back "you know what you're allowed to look at.....if you click on something and it's something I don't want you watching then don't watch it." I trust him to do so and he does. He'll come to me every now and then and ask me about something if he's unsure and if he's allowed to watch it. There's some stuff though you can't un-see. Sex he's going to see and I've already had several talks with him about that so that kinda stuff doesn't bother me. It's the violence and graphic shit I don't want him watching yet. There will be a time when he will but I want it to be on my watch so I can explain things to him. I just want him to understand the difference between real life and make believe.

The kid would understand. Believe me, you're better off letting the kid play violent games than participate in this wacky, data-stealing circle jerk called "Facebook."

Thread Information