Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Zex lsx Direct Port Kit

Hi, I've recently been looking at the Zex direct port kit for cars with the F.A.S.T. manifold. From the description, it seemed like most of the kit was electronically controlled so you wouldn't need a fuel pressure and nitrous pressure safety switches among others.

Can anyone elaborate on how the electronic system works?

Does anybody know what sensors I would and would not need with this kit that don't already come with it?

Also, if anyone has this kit, please tell me about the kit, (Problems etc..) and rate your overall satisfaction of the kit.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

yes the kit does claim to monitor pressures but i wouldnt rely on it just go ahead and get a rpm window switch and a wide open throttle switch,and a fuel pressure safety switch and you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    yes the kit does claim to monitor pressures but i wouldnt rely on it just go ahead and get a rpm window switch and a wide open throttle switch,and a fuel pressure safety switch and you should be fine
    Well the kit comes with the WOT sensor at least. But your probably right. Have you had any experience with this kit?

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Well the kit comes with the WOT sensor at least. But your probably right. Have you had any experience with this kit?
    never the direct port setup but i have installed a few zex nozzle systems
    but no matter what kit really unless it has it you really want the few hundred dollars worth of extra safety stuff man
    just my .02

does this kit have the box that is supposed to monitor bottle pressure?

I don't think so, gmhightechperformance bought a separate one for their TA direct port zex build. They wrote a review on the kit, but you know magazines, they never outright bash a product no matter how dysfunctional it is, and of course their final review would be positive. I would like to hear it from someone who has had experience with their kits, who won't be biased to just report as positively as possible. (Hence this thread)

I guess you're right about the safety parts, they did do an awful lot of touting on the zex website about how their kit is complete with everything so I was led to believe it really had everything.

In your experience with zex kits, what would you have to say about them?

Also, some of them, the direct port system included, pull fuel from the fuel rail. Would you recommend any fuel system upgrades to match the new demand?
    Last edited by RedVertTA; 11-14-2008 at 06:00 PM.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

i havent had any problems out of the zex kits they all have functioned perfectly for me,and they hit hard and are rated at the rear wheel for power so if they say a 100 shot it is really a 100 hp added at the wheel

yes they do pull fuel from the rail

usually you will be fine up to a 150 shot with the stock pump and injectors but any more and i would at least put in a fuel pump for safety

most zex kits come with their little magic box that has the one wire wot switch rigged into it, which is a great setup it sure beats trying to mount a micro switch anyways
    i liked my zex kit on my old car and i wouldnt say my nx kit is better or worse
    it all does the same thing for me

Thread Information