Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Zex kit not spraying, help

I have a LSX Zex wet kit on my GTO, now here's what's troubling me. When the car is moving and the bottle IS open and full and all things are a go it only sprays fuel which causes it to bog badly etc. I know it's bad but I keep trying to fix it and test it. So I bring it back into the garage check everything, pull the N2O and fuel hoses from the intake get in the car and it punch it and it sprays both fuel and N20. I'm at a loss here, everytime I test it it checks out, but as soon as I spray it into the intake it bogs etc. I've checked my jetting, bottle pressure wiring etc it all looks good. What do you guys think could be causing this? Any Ideas?

EDIT: When I first installed it everything worked everytime no issues, now my purge solenoid don't even work when the car is running.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

do you have a fuel pressure safety switch?
    it might be set to high
    at idle it would have enough pressure but driving your pressure could be lower
    just a thought

the only other things that come to mind right now are loose wiring or if you have a controller maybe you have the gear lockouts set up wrong or i have seen people mount the wide open throttle switch to something that didnt flex and with the motor under a load the switch would not work but in park it worked fine

silver
    03 Maloo

for it to bog like that it must be fuel related-

u sure u got the right fuel jet in

Thanks

Nick--

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

I got a .034 for fuel and .054 for N20 which is what it calls for, but I think I may have found the problem. I removed both jets and blew through them the wrong way, I found a small piece of plastic inside the N20 jet, it looks like it came off from a piece of zip tie or something. I haven't tested yet but it sounds good in theory, this is all after going through the wiring completely checking the nozzle and even removing the jets, hell I can't figure out how the piece of plastic wouldn't have fallen out today let alone how it got there in the first place. It really is weird because I am very cautious when taking the intake apart etc. and sort of a clean freak. I'll test it tomorrow
    and I'll let you guys know how it turns out, appreciate the help.
    Last edited by 05gtoautoX; 09-19-2008 at 08:19 PM.
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

silver
    03 Maloo

Question

Seems a bit odd-

whats the part number of the n20 kit

Thanks

Sounds like bottle / tube position

Sounds like bottle position, the N2O moves around when the vehicle is moving. Ensure bottle outlet is facing down and bottle is mounted parallel with vehicle. At next re-fill pull out tube and verify location; tube should locate (bow) to lower bottom of bottle when outlet is facing down.

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    I have a LSX Zex wet kit on my GTO, now here's what's troubling me. When the car is moving and the bottle IS open and full and all things are a go it only sprays fuel which causes it to bog badly etc. I know it's bad but I keep trying to fix it and test it. So I bring it back into the garage check everything, pull the N2O and fuel hoses from the intake get in the car and it punch it and it sprays both fuel and N20. I'm at a loss here, everytime I test it it checks out, but as soon as I spray it into the intake it bogs etc. I've checked my jetting, bottle pressure wiring etc it all looks good. What do you guys think could be causing this? Any Ideas?

EDIT: When I first installed it everything worked everytime no issues, now my purge solenoid don't even work when the car is running.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

I tried it now and it works great, I've actually pulled the tube out and verified it's location along with making sure the outlet is pointed down. Thanks guys appreciate your help.

Great

Great, glad its fixed....

Thread Information