Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to purge?

LPM
    2000 Z28

Where to purge?

I have a dry kit on my z28 Camaro. I was considering purging out of the grill or up in the wiper cowl where everyone seems to do it. Where I'm running a dry nozzle, the solenoid is at the front of the car under the air lid. Just looking for opinions of what others have done.

Pics are always welcome!

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

RED
    2001 WS6

Kinda partial to this

LPM
    2000 Z28

If I had a ws6 there would be no question. But without a hood scoop I can't decide where I should purge mine

RED
    2001 WS6

Sorry thought I put grille for place to purge (lil early this morning) but when I ran mine out of lower holes I couldn't see so if you want to see then cowl good luck!!!!! also I started using a air line hose for air shocks and is lot easier to hide/work with!

white
    98 Ram air T/A Ls1/T-56

here is a vid of my old H/C combo before I swapped to my stroker and 80 setup,,, Still purging there though..

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...rent=run15.mp4
    Last edited by RARON455; 04-16-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

I think somewhere you can see it.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Just got done with install. Grill would have been so much easier but decided to go with the cowl and a T.

What do you guys think?

LPM
    2000 Z28

Used the purge to empty the line after I turned the bottle off, that's what the video is of.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Looks good. I like it. What size and kind of line did you use?

LPM
    2000 Z28

1/4" OD hard plastic emissions piping and a "T" in there somewhere

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by derekbuckner1 View Post
    1/4" OD hard plastic emissions piping and a "T" in there somewhere
    Can you post some pics. I used 1/8 inch copper tubing on the camaro i used to have. I guess you zip tied it down pretty good so it wouldnt flop around?

LPM
    2000 Z28

I can, but the hose is pretty well hidden. Noid is in the front of the car, so the hose went down the passenger side of of the engine bay, through the wire mod (wheel well) and drilled a hole through the metal under the cowl just big enough to run the hose through. T is under the cowl and I had to slit the mesh between the fins on the cowl to get the hose through. They're all secure and don't move much. I had some really strong instant adhesive I was going to try, but didn't work. May epoxy it to the fins later but right now it is zip tied there.

Gold

I put my purge kit on my 65 Nova II wagon on the back side of the tunnel ram, sprays to both sides of the carbs. I'll get a video up as soon as i can afford $5.00 a pound lol. The good ole fashion windshield spray is nice

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

is it to be functional or just for show? if its functional purge from the cowl if for show then i would do it out of the grill or something but still looks cool spraying up the windshield though

LPM
    2000 Z28

Functional. I ran the purge to a "t" where it went into the wiper cowl, then through two of the fins in the plastic. Loved it until I used it the second time. The plastic hose that came with it blew the fittings off and went flying around the engine bay. Looks like I will be looking into some brake line or other hard line

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Functional. I ran the purge to a "t" where it went into the wiper cowl, then through two of the fins in the plastic. Loved it until I used it the second time. The plastic hose that came with it blew the fittings off and went flying around the engine bay. Looks like I will be looking into some brake line or other hard line
    ive always used the line you buy for old school oil pressure gauges that you can get at oreillys. its strong enough that it wont really flex and you dont need to strap it down line you would a regular line. plus with nice bends it makes the engine bay look neater

- - - Updated - - -

ive always used the line you buy for old school oil pressure gauges that you can get at oreillys. its strong enough that it wont really flex and you dont need to strap it down line you would a regular line. plus with nice bends it makes the engine bay look neater

LPM
    2000 Z28

I'd like to go that route but the purge solenoid is up by the air dam in the front of the engine bay. I'd need a much longer line than those kits come with :\

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

why so far up? its easiest to use one of the front intake bolts to hold the bracket down on the noid.

LPM
    2000 Z28

It's a dry kit with a halo bar in the air lid. Runs up through the air filter so the kit is completely hidden. Wanted the purge as close to the nozzle as possible. I agree that it would have easily been routed if I was using a plate or dp and didn't care about it being visible

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

It's a dry kit with a halo bar in the air lid. Runs up through the air filter so the kit is completely hidden. Wanted the purge as close to the nozzle as possible. I agree that it would have easily been routed if I was using a plate or dp and didn't care about it being visible
    ah i see well maybe purge it in the crease above the headlight between the hood and fender? if its at a good enough angle it will still be visable. thats the only useful way i can think of at the moment

Thread Information