Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

what size injector?

So here is the scoop

2002 SS 6 speed
    intake, long tubes wires, MAS are really the only engine mods plus the NX wet kit.

I want to run 150-175 shop but my motor is already pinging without the spray at WOT. So I know I need more fuel. I had it tuned but the stock fuel system just isnt enough. I'm already getting a bigger fuel pump just not sure what size injectors to go with. I drive the car every day and it has about 55K miles on her. I spray maybe 2-4 time a month, more if I get this set up right. Should I got with the 42 lbs for more street uses or 60lbs and be done with it?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by Soltakr View Post
    So here is the scoop

2002 SS 6 speed
    intake, long tubes wires, MAS are really the only engine mods plus the NX wet kit.

I want to run 150-175 shop but my motor is already pinging without the spray at WOT. So I know I need more fuel. I had it tuned but the stock fuel system just isnt enough. I'm already getting a bigger fuel pump just not sure what size injectors to go with. I drive the car every day and it has about 55K miles on her. I spray maybe 2-4 time a month, more if I get this set up right. Should I got with the 42 lbs for more street uses or 60lbs and be done with it?

i run stock fuel system on both of my cars with 150 wet kits. wife's car had cam, heads, almost the whole nine. made 481 rwhp on completely stock fuel system. the 99 have 26# injectors. your car has 28#. injectors aren't out of injector.

with that few amount of mods, you have other issues. your stock fuel pump might be slowly dying, or you have more tuning issues.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Yea, sounds like you've got a fuel pressure issue......about the only way you can check the fuel injectors is to hook them up and see what kind of duty cycles you have.......if you think you're going to be adding more power adders down the road you may want to invest in bigger injectors....because....as we all know.....you'll add a 150-175 shot on your car and think "wow, this is awesome. I need more." Then it's either more nitrous, forced injection, head/cam anything that will get you that power you want.....so if you want to look down the road then I'd say buy bigger injectors........60's are good and you can "grow" into them........lol....

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

Thanks for the insight, I'll try the fuel pump first and have it tuned again.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

What is the duty cylce of your current inj.......?
    That will answer real quick if your even anywhere near needing a bigger inj.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Thread Information