Black on Black
    03 C5 coupe

what size board for nitrous mount?

I'm cutting a board to mount my bottle to that will fit in the rear space. I'm not sure exactly what size to cut to. I measured 22.5X10". I'm wondering if anyone remembers what size fit best for them.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

If you post more detail on where and how you want it to mount you might get more responses.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Black on Black
    03 C5 coupe

its ok I figured it out.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Cool

Post some pics in our random Nitrous pics thread once you get the think finished.

Welcome to the site.

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

JDMC5..I have an 02 C5 and I measured 22x9 on mine but the problem is that if you use a 1/4" board you cant use the rear comprtment cover. I was thinking of using a pice of steel so that it sits a little lower. I'm still trying to figure out where to hide the solenoids so that the beauty covers will hide them. Post some pics of yours and I'll do the same. What size shot you doing?
    Last edited by tims02; 08-10-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Black on Black
    03 C5 coupe

I'll try to post some pics but I only have a camera phone. I have a zex kit so hidding the box wasn't going to happen so I mounted it to the battery box. Everything else is hidden, it just looks clean.

Oh I run a 125 shot and the difference is HUGE. I'm able to burn the tires from a roll, mind you I have a 2.73 auto.

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

Nice..I'm installing mine right now and it's a pain in the ass trying to hide everything. I tried to go to Home Depot today for a piece of steel plate and they didn't have anything 9" wide by 21" long. Go Figure. I'm going to try a 150 shot but with the window switch I'm shooting for it to come on in second gear just so I don't break the tires loose. I'll take some pics of what I have so far so you can see mine compared to yours.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by tims02 View Post
    Nice..I'm installing mine right now and it's a pain in the ass trying to hide everything. I tried to go to Home Depot today for a piece of steel plate and they didn't have anything 9" wide by 21" long. Go Figure. I'm going to try a 150 shot but with the window switch I'm shooting for it to come on in second gear just so I don't break the tires loose. I'll take some pics of what I have so far so you can see mine compared to yours.
    Wire it to a hand held button and make it come on when you want. If you are that worried you can wire the window switch in series with a hand held.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

LS2Tuner..Did I even need the window switch then or is it a good idea to have it. I was just trying to get it to spray between 2nd and 3rd gear because I don't have DR's yet and I don't race at the track that often to use them.

Black on Black
    03 C5 coupe

Do you have an auto or manual? With a manual its a must with an auto it is highly recommended. I have a window and its set to come on in 1st gear at 2700-5800 rpm. You should be able to spray in 1st, btw what gear do you have?

Remember now, the zex kit is rated at the tires so a 125 shot is ~ a 150 shot compared to other kits.

So, I need a place to host my pics. Heres the switches I bought.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Doff%26sa%3DG

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by tims02 View Post
    LS2Tuner..Did I even need the window switch then or is it a good idea to have it. I was just trying to get it to spray between 2nd and 3rd gear because I don't have DR's yet and I don't race at the track that often to use them.
    Well put it this way I have NEVER had a window switch on Any of my cars in the 16 years I have been playing with the bottle. I only put them on customers cars that can't drive/shift that well.
    Either way I will ALWAYS wire in a hand held button for the driver to have complete control. No having to let off the throttle to get the unit to turn on and off. That is for the birds and will get your ass handed to you in many situations on the street.
    For example every street is different (surface & cleanliness) on traction. Your racing someone and it starts to spin let go of the button and keep the throttle WFO or even pulse it with your thumb and regain traction and come back around them. If you have it only on a wide open throttle switch you now have to let off the throttle and the bottle.= A loss

My 2 cents take it or leave it.

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

JDMC5..I have an A4 with 3.42 gears. And LS2Tuner that is definately some good advise that you're talking about. I would trust you're judgement knowing that you've been doing this for 16 years to my 1 month. I think I will wire in a hand held button. Thanks for the heads up!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

No problem.

Glad I could help. Are you using a hand held for your tune or has someone done a "custom" tune?

The best advice I can give you knowing it's an A4 car now is LEAVE IT IN D.
    DON'T TRY TO SHIFT IT MANUALLY!
    As you should know by now being all electronic it doesn't shift exactly when you shift it. Which usually causes people to over rev and likely hitting the rev limiter.

I have found that you usually pick up a little ET by actually lower the shift points a little. The factory points tend to take it to the point it is noising over.

I would also recommend you put a set of AR 94 Autolite plugs gapped @ .038. You will be able to run more timing than you could with the NGK's.
    Here is a visual so you can get my drift between a real race plug and the Autozone NGK's.

AutoLite on the left. . . . . . . . . . . NGK on the right.

And have fun.

Millenium Yellow
    2002 Coupe

LS2Tuner..I have a Diablo tuner but I was thinking of having a tune put on it from a local shop because we're going to be there for a dyno day with the car club. As far as shift point go I will try lowing them to see what happens. I will also get the plugs and install them. Thanks for all the help!

Black
    '99 TA

uniolloop

Thread Information