Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    2000 camaro z28

wet vs. dry??? new @ N20

ive seen other posts but i wanted to see if i could get a little more info... wet vs. dry.... difference??? where does each one go?? im looking for a simple 100 shot and safe.... im at 12.8 now... think i could go 11?? i see all the different kits available...and they are all around 500 to 600.... i just want a good safe kit to run on a motor with stock internals....some guys swear by wet and others dry... please help. thanks

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Wet shot would probably be safer.
    Im not an expert on Nitrous but I belive wet is sprayed after the MAF and there is no tuning required. It is mixes with your gas as well.
    Dry shot would be sprayed before the MAF and requires a tune and is also a pure shot not mixed in with gas but I believe you can get more power out of it.
    Dont quote me, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 00maroz28 View Post
    ive seen other posts but i wanted to see if i could get a little more info... wet vs. dry.... difference??? where does each one go?? im looking for a simple 100 shot and safe.... im at 12.8 now... think i could go 11?? i see all the different kits available...and they are all around 500 to 600.... i just want a good safe kit to run on a motor with stock internals....some guys swear by wet and others dry... please help. thanks
    Give the thread below a quick look over. It should address most of your questions. Feel free to PM either me or Matt@HSW with whatever questions you have. Thanks

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93633

Nick

You can also spray a dry shot after the maf now. I like the idea of dry kits because there is no fuel entering the intake so if there is a backfire it won't be as bad as a wet kit.

Check out Harris Speed Works dry plate kit.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SJcamaro View Post
    You can also spray a dry shot after the maf now. I like the idea of dry kits because there is no fuel entering the intake so if there is a backfire it won't be as bad as a wet kit.

x2 go with HSW when it comes to nitrous..call them and tell them you want a complete system with all the safety shit.. i think they have a new controller that will handle all the safety aspects..like window switch etc

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SJcamaro View Post

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    x2 go with HSW when it comes to nitrous..call them and tell them you want a complete system with all the safety shit.. i think they have a new controller that will handle all the safety aspects..like window switch etc
    Well, with the new dry kit available, which one would you spray?

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

either type of kit will give you the power you are looking for
    but a wet kit tends to be the safer way to go especially on a stockbottom end

as stated with a dry kit you will be relying on the comp. and the tune to get the fuel in ,but with a wet kit fuel is already there which is a little safer

you never know when something might take a dump on you so why not already have the fuel there just incase

no a dry kit will not give you more power than a wet kit it all depends on your jetting and tuning

if you are going to get serious and upgrade your fuel system and bottom end then get a dry kit but if you just want the most power possible without having to upgrade all kinds of stuff go wet
    a stock fuel system will usually support more power through a wet kit safely

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ok, I might go with a wet kit then

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

So what advantages is there for a dry shot?

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

not sure on any advantages other than they are cheaper usually

both kits are good but you will usually need to atleast upgrade your fuel pump and injectors to do much over a 100 shot with a dry kit on an ls1

i know my cars tune was dead on for a 150 shot through a wet kit

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

What size injectors would u reccomend on a H/C/I plus a zex wet shot?

300RWHP, 341RWTQ
    1/8 mile 8.32 at 83.97
    1/4 mile 13.049 at 105.24

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

not sure on an lt1 but i would think around 36lbs would be plenty

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

you would probably be able to get away with 28lbs with a wet kit

again though i have no real idea you would just have to do the math

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I like dry, due to being able to spray it off idle. I run 2 stages now. 1st stage is dry for the whole 1/4, 2nd stage wet 3k-6.1k window switch. I'm spraying a total of 225 hp when both stages are on. Went 10.68 @ 127 with an easy 1.53 60'.

pewter
    02' Z28

Dry shot is sprayed before the maf, reason is maf will see the nitrous, read it as more air, and the cpu will make the necessary adjustment in fuel supply. That is supposed to be the advantage of a dry shot. Computer is supposed recalibrate itself and add more fuel to the mixture. Wet shots have nitrous and fuel sprayed after the maf and requires tuning from an outside source. You should never run a wet shot untuned.(Its risky) That doesnt mean that it isnt being done, its jus not recommended. This is what Ive learned from a few books and other resources.
    Last edited by maxpit; 10-13-2008 at 07:25 PM.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by maxpit View Post
    Dry shot is sprayed before the maf, reason is maf will see the nos, read it as more air, and the cpu will make the necessary adjustment in fuel supply. That is supposed to be the advantage of a dry shot. Computer is supposed recalibrate itself and add more fuel to the mixture. Wet shots have are nos and fuel sprayed after the maf and requires tuning from an outside source. You sould never run a wet shot untuned.(its risky) That doesnt mean people that it isnt being done, its jus not recommended. This is what Ive learned from a few books and other people knowledge.
    nos is a brand../nitrous oxide system....nitrous would be a better choice ..i'm just giving you a hard time

Feel free to shoot me over a PM if you guys have any direct questions. Thanks.

Nick

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@HSW View Post
    Feel free to shoot me over a PM if you guys have any direct questions. Thanks.

Nick
    ^^^^^^^^

With a wet kit you don't have to mess with nozzle placement. That is what made me get a wet kit. If you get a dry kit, get the HSW interface to make sure that you get the right amount of fuel added/

black
    1998 Camaro SS

ok so now ive heard wet shot is safer and then dry shot is safer. which one is it?

Thread Information